A Boy From The Sun

Sunspot

☀️

“So let me get this straight, you two sneaked him into the house because you knocked him out and you didn’t want him sue you for assault?” Their mother asked Eunho with her arms crossed.

“I thought he just had a really unique birthmark on his cheek.” Their father added.

Eunho sighed looking down. “Yes…”

“Keep your arms straight! Both of you.” She commanded.

Just like a hot-tempered teacher would, the siblings were punished by kneeling on their bare knees with both arms raised straight and high

“You forgot the part where you hit me the second time.” Baekhyun mentioned, turning around to reveal another slipper mark on his nape.

“I thought you were just dirty…” Their father added yet again.

Mrs. Kim rubbed her temples; trying real hard not to let her blood pressure explode.

“Why did you—no. Just what were thinking—Aigoo….” She ended with a heavy sigh.

“Yeobo..” She called her husband; hoping to hear something decent from him for once.

However, their father wasn’t as concerned as their mother was.

He had always been this happy-go-lucky I-don’t-care-what-you-do type of dad… which made his wife suffer even more.

“What were you doing in that pile of trash anyway?” He asked the boy.

“He said he’s an alien, appa.” Eunhee answered. “He’s probably taking some weird drugs or something.”

PAK! Her mother hit her on the head. “Your father asked him not you.”

Eunhee whined at the pain her own mother caused her.

“She’s right, ajussi.” Baekhyun finally replied.

Mr. Kim gave him a judgemental stare. “You don’t look like a drug addict though.”

“Huh?!” Baekhyun expressed. “No no no. Not that. I meant she’s right about me being an alien.”

Their father snickered. “Oh really?” He teased, raising an eyebrow.

“It’s true.” The boy responded seriously.

“Then which planet are you from?” He asked.

Baekhyun shrugged at his mockery and answered, “I’m from the sun.”   

Their father blinked once. Twice. Then looked at his wife.

Yeobo. Should we call an ambulance? Or the police? He told her with his eyes.

Are you crazy? He might tell them what our kids did to him! She replied.

Do you really think I’m the crazy one in this situation right now?! He mentally shouted back.

“What are they doing?” Baekhyun whispered to the siblings.

“I have no idea.” Eunho replied.

.

.

 “OKAY then.” Mr. Kim announced. “What’s your name?” He asked the boy.

“Byun Baekhyun.” He replied.

Their father smiled at him. “Baekhyun-ssi. It seems that you don’t have any serious injuries. Can’t we just forget everything that happened last night and go our separate ways in peace?”  

“Hmm…” The boy started to ponder over what the man just said. “Okay.”

Every member of the family looked at each other – in disbelief of what the boy had just said.

“Okay?” Eunho beamed at the alien.

“Yes.” Baekhyun responded with a nod. “IF,” He added out of the blue.

“If?” The father asked; leaning in to listen to what he had to say.

Baekhyun looked at everyone in the room – enjoying the look on their faces as they wait for the rest of his statement.

 

“If, you let me stay here until I get back to my planet.”