Trapped

Sunspot

☀️

“I completely forgot about that…” She told herself while she brisk-walked along the hallway towards the faculty room.

.

.

“What do you mean I can’t back out now?” She asked with her widened eyes.

“I already signed you up for the show, Eunhee.” Mr. Lee replied.

“Then just ‘un-sign’ me from the show.” She suggested.

Mr. Lee showed her his signature pout. “Can’t you just do this for our class? No one else wants to volunteer…”

Eunhee’s eye twitched at the sight of her ‘supposedly-adult’ teacher shamelessly act cute… as if it would actually convince her to succumb to his plea.

“But I don’t even have a talent to show…” She explained.

Mr. Lee dramatically banged his desk. “NONSENSE!” He immediately disagreed. “You can sing!”

“What?! No I can’t!” She strongly refuted.

“Of course you can!” He countered again. “You sang in a festival before, correct?”

“That was when I was five!” Eunhee reminded him. “And I was a part of a choir! You can barely hear my voice.”

“Come on, Eunhee. Do this for the class, please? I promise that we will do everything to help you. Please?” Mr. Lee begged with his palms stuck together.

.

.

Eunhee let out a languid sigh. “What am I supposed to do now?” She asked herself as she walked on her way home.

“Maybe I should just run away? Nah. That’s too dramatic.” She joked.

Her eyes beamed with a new idea. “I’ll just pretend to be sick!”

“….. for the next five weeks…”

“Aish!” The frustrated human girl cursed. “This is giving me a headache…” Eunhee groaned and reached the corner of her street.

“You came alone?” Eunho shouted from the house gate as he walked towards her.

She looked at him befuddled. “What do you mean? I always walk home alone.”

“I thought you would be with Baekhyun.” He replied, shifting his eyes to her surroundings. “Didn’t you see him at school?”

Thinking about what to do about the talent show almost made Eunhee forget about what her immature brother did earlier.

“YA! Why’d you ask him to bring me my lunch?!” She shouted at him and punched him on the arm.

“Ow!” He reacted with a mischievous snicker. “So you did meet.”

“Then where is he now? You think he got lost?” Eunho asked, feeling guilty about sending him off alone.

“He’s not a kid, Oppa. Maybe he just wanted to go for a walk.” She told her brother.

Eunho chuckled at her answer. “You’re right. It’s nothing to worry about. Let’s go inside.” He said and carried his sister’s bags to make up for embarrassing her.

“Did you at least enjoy your lunch?” He laughingly asked, earning a shove from his short-tempered sister.

.

.

“Where could he be?” Eunhee asked herself as she entered her bedroom. “He’s not lost, is he?”