Lost and Found

Sunspot

☀️

“You guys search over there and we’ll search here.” One of the local police officers told his colleagues who nodded at his instructions before setting off on their mission.

Meanwhile, Eunho and his father were already halfway down the mountains.

 

“Are you sure Eunhee is here?” Mr. Kim asked his son, wiping off his sweat with his sleeve.

He checked his phone once more before answering him. “Yes, I’m sure.”

As creepy as it sounds, the boy installed an app in his phone to detect where his sister’s phone was.

Eunho had always been like this.

He’d set a time frame for when his precious sister would possibly arrive home instead of asking her and would silently worry whenever she went past it.

And whenever she did, he’d count on Eunhee to call as soon as she could to tell him she’d be late.

This time, however, she didn’t call.

“Son.” Mr. Kim called him, noticing his gloomy behavior. “She’s fine.” He assured him with a smile.

Eunho sniffed and smiled back. “I know.” He lied.

 

The sound of birds chirping as they flew across the tall trees woke the human girl.

Eunhee slowly opened her eyes, adjusting to the bright sunlight that beamed through the leaves.

Baekhyun?

She looked left and right with her half-awake eyes, looking for her alien companion when a sudden grunt made her slightly jump from the dry ground.

It was him, sleeping on her lap.

The girl chuckled at the boy’s constant fidgeting as if watching a puppy dream.

Her laughter, however, was put to a stop the moment she saw tears running down the boy’s face.

“Baekhyun?” She called him with a few taps on his shoulder.


“Umma!”

.

.

“Tell me, kid. Do you remember anything? What’s your name?”

.

“My name is Byun Baekhyun. I’m from the Sun.”


“Ya.” She called once more.

Eunhee held her palm against the alien’s forehead. “What do I do…” She uttered upon discovering his fever.

“EUNHEE!! KIM EUNHEE!!” A familiar voice shouted from a distance.

She looked around, searching for the source of that voice. “Oppa?”

“EUNHEE!”

“OPPA!!” She shouted back. “OPPA I’M RIGHT HERE!!!”

 

“There!” Eunho pointed. “This way, appa.”

The two men ran as fast as they could towards Eunhee.

“We found her!” Their father gladly shouted onto the walkie-talkie given to him by the police. “She’s okay!”

Once they’ve arrived, they found the strong-willed Eunhee crying.

 

“What’s wrong? Are you okay? Are you hurt?” Mr. Kim asked his daughter as he squatted down to her level.

She shook her head. “Appa… He’s sick. He won’t wake up…” She cried. “h-he was fine last night but now…”

“He’s really burning up.” Eunho said, checking the boy’s condition himself.

Mr. Kim pulled on the boy’s arm and swung it unto his shoulder. “Help me get him on my back.”

Eunho did what he was told and lifted the boy’s legs for his father to carry.

“You’re not hurt, right?” He asked his sister as he assisted his father.

She wiped her tears before replying, “I’m fine. I just sprained my ankle but I’m fine.”

Her brother sighed. “No, you’re not.” He countered and faced his back to her. “Hurry and get on before I change my mind.”

 

“He’ll be fine, right?” She asked her brother as they exit the forest.

Eunho sighed at his sister’s comment. “I don’t know. But I’m sure he’ll be transferred to a hospital with his condition like that.”

Her lack of response made Eunho feel uneasy.

“Oops!” He joked, loosening his grip on her and making her slip.

“Ya!” She complained and tightened her legs around his waist.

Eunho’s knees weakened at his sister’s unexpected attack. “Okay okay I’m sorry! let go!” He whimpered, making her laugh in the process.

 

“He has a high fever.” Mr. Kim told the paramedic as soon as they reached the rescue team.

In less than a minute, the paramedics had laid Baekhyun down on a stretcher and searched his whole body for anything that could’ve led to his condition.

Eunhee, on the other hand, was getting her ankle treated.  

“Is he going to be okay?” She asked the paramedic who was bandaging her foot.

“Who? Your friend?” He asked, getting a nod in return.

 “I can’t tell… we need to get him to the hospital so--” He failed to finish explaining before a certain someone woke up.

 

Who are you?! What are you doing?” Baekhyun frantically questioned the paramedic team in charge of him. “Where’s Eunhee?”

Eunhee stood with her sprained ankle the moment he mentioned her name.

“Kid, you can’t stand yet. You need to rest.” He told the girl as he gently pushed her down back to her seat.

The paramedics held the boy down as he tried to escape from the stretcher.

“Calm down! We’re trying to help you!” They shouted back at him.

Baekhyun, however, continued to retaliate. “Let me go! EUNHEE!!

 

Within a split second, Eunhee stood again and ran towards her pained friend.

“I’m right here, Baekhyun!” She shouted as she moved one of the paramedics away.

Her heart broke as soon as she saw him cry endlessly as if he was being tortured.

“Eunhee…” He whimpered, reaching out his hand to hers.

She took his hand without any hesitation. “You’ll be fine… These people will take care of you and help you get better.”

“Please… please don’t let them take me…” He cried, ignoring her words and holding her hand tighter.

 

“I don’t want to go back in the dark…”