The Villain

Sunspot

☀️

“What do you mean we can’t visit him?!” Eunhee asked a little too loud at the receptionist.

Embarrassed, Jiyoung covered her face with her long hair as she whispered, “Ya… keep your voice down.”

“It’s exactly what it means, miss.” “The patient’s doctor isn’t allowing any visitors.” The lady replied, trying hard not to get intimidated by a mere high school student.

The ill-tempered Eunhee, however, wouldn’t accept such nonsense answer. “Who’s his doctor?”

“Eunhee please. Calm down.” Jiyoung told her, tugging her sleeve.

 

After a few clicks and types on the computer, the receptionist looked at the two high-strung teenagers.

“May I know how you’re related to the patient?” She asked them.

The two looked at each other then back to the receptionist.

“We’re his cousins” Jiyoung said.

“We’re his friends” Eunhee said, the same time as Jiyoung.

The receptionist squinted at them, doubting their reply. “So which is it?”

“Uh… We’re his cousins… but we’re really close like friends.” Jiyoung awkwardly replied with an even more awkward chuckle.

She stared at their uncomfortable stature for a few seconds before rolling her eyes.

Whatever. I don’t get paid enough for this sh*t anyway.

“Dr. Lee Tae Hun is in charge of him.”

“Lee Tae Hun?” Eunhee repeated. “Is he a psychiatrist?”

The nurse nodded.

 “You know him?” Jiyoung asked, surprised by her friend’s unexpected inquiry.

Eunhee turned to her, looking just as surprised. “He’s my uncle.”

 

“What are you thinking about, Kimeun?” She asked her as they sat down on one of the metal benches outside the hospital.

Eunhee kept her eyes on the cemented ground. “It all makes sense now…” Shemumbled to herself, audible enough for her friend to hear.

“Why he ran that night he saw him… he was a villain.” She continued.

Jiyoung looked at her, confused. “That doesn’t make any sense to me at all, Eunhee.”

“He told me about these villains who ‘wore skin of blue’ and that some had masks on.” She clarified and looked up to her friend. “Those ‘villains’ were doctors.” “He was running away from doctors, Jiyoung.”

She curved her brows as she tried to absorb the details Eunhee just told her. “Wow… so he really is crazy…”

Without any warning, Eunhee jumped out of her seat and started running back into the hospital.

“WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!” Jiyoung shouted as she chased her surprisingly fast friend.

“I NEED TO TALK TO SAMCHUN!” She shouted back.

 

I don’t need to make an appointment! Just tell him I’m here.” “Kim Eunhee is here.” She pressed at the same receptionist.

Definitely not getting paid enough for this. The woman thought.

“Look, miss. That’s not how things work--” She was about to explain before a man cut her off.

“Eunhee?”

She turned around at the familiar voice.

“Samchun.”