Hit the Beach

Sunspot

☀️

“Make sure all the doors are locked!” Mr. Kim shouted from the driver’s seat.

It was the third Sunday of the month. 

While most families stay inside their houses with their ACs on full blast, the Kim family preferred to enjoy the fresh summer breeze at the local beach.

Thus it became a family tradition to go swimming in the cool ocean water on the third Sunday of the second month of summer.

This time, however, an uninvited guest had to join their fun-filled “family” trip.

 

“Does he really have to join us?” Eunho complained between grunts as he fixed himself in the crowded back seat.

Regardless of his tactless remark, Baekhyun smiled from ear to ear; excited about visiting the beach for the first time.

“What? Do you trust him enough to leave him alone in the house?” His mother replied without looking at her suffocating son. “No offense, Baekhyun.”

The boy shook his head. “Thank you so much for bringing me along, ahjumma!” He said grinning.

“Ya. I should be the one complaining here, oppa.” Eunhee reacted, squeezed between the two boys. “And can’t you move your arm? Your sweating on my shoulder.” She scowled.

“Oh like this?” He laughingly asked, raising his arm up high to level his damp underarm with his poor sister’s face.

She dodged his repulsive attack with quick reflexes, facing the hyper alien’s neck.

And at the same moment she turned, the boy had just decided to drink from the bottled water they packed.

 

Eunhee gulped at the sight before her eyes. The way his sweat glistered under the sunlight and the way his adam’s apple moved upon each swallow was breath-taking.

Who knew that the deranged boy would look so y by just drinking water?

“D-do you want some?” Baekhyun asked the seemingly spaced-out girl beside him.

His voice woke her up from the trance. “What?” She nervously said, hiding her inappropriate thoughts at the back of her mind.

“I think you should drink some too.” He replied, eyes widened. “Your face is red.”

Embarrassed, she pursed her lips and looked away. “I’m fine.”

 

The rest of the ride was peaceful, with only Mr. Kim’s favourite radio tunes filling the air.

Every once in a while would Baekhyun poke Eunhee’s arm to show something he found fascinating through the window.

It took a few hours before they reached their favourite summer destination.

 

“Wake up, everyone! We’re here.” Mr. Kim shouted as he parked.

She squinched her brows, feeling an unfamiliar weight against her head.

Her eyes popped open upon realizing that she had fallen asleep on the alien’s shoulder with his head resting on her hers.

Flustered, Eunhee sat up, causing Baekhyun’s head to fall forward.

“Ya. Wake up!” She bursted at her innocent brother.

 

“Wow!! It’s the sea!!” Baekhyun shouted as he enthusiastically ran around the soft sand.

Eunho laughed at the alien with his arms crossed. “Don’t you just want to bury him in the sand and leave?”

“I couldn’t agree more.” His equally evil sister replied next to him, watching the boy frolic.

“EUNHEE!!” Baekhyun shouted, waving both his arms. “LOOK WHAT I FOUND!”

She smiled softly, feeling glad that this crazy yet charming boy came along. “What?!” She shouted back as she ran towards him.

Eunho squinted at his sister’s direction. “That’s strange. I’ve never seen her smile like that before.”

"Could it be…”

 

“Nah.”