The Crescent Island

Sunspot

☀️

The boy stood up immediately, preparing himself to run again.

“Don’t worry. I’ve been there.” the old man told him with a chuckle. “I won’t tell.” He assured him.

He silently watched the man tinker with his fishing tools.

“I can drop you off at Dallido if you want.” He offered as he set his gears. “People there are friendly and honest. What do you say?”

The man laughed as he turned around to see the quiet boy already sitting in his boat. “I’ll take that as a yes.” He said before leaving the port.

 

“You know, Dallido is shaped like a crescent moon. Isn’t that amazing?” He joyfully told the lad as he drove. “You might want to change your clothes, by the way. It’s not much, but I have some spare clothes in the box next to you. They were Yongho’s… but you can have them.”

Following what the older told him, Baekhyun sat up to open the box he was talking about.

A slightly torn red t-shirt and a pair of stained sweatpants were inside.

Both items smelled of fish but better to be worn than to explore the island wearing hospital pyjamas.

 “We’re here.” The kind fisherman annonced as he prepared his anchor. “Welcome to Dallido!” He added, reading the welcome sign by the port.

He then approached the boy who was struggling to keep his pants up.

“Better find a place to stay before it gets dark, kid.” “This place doesn’t light up like it does in the city.” He advised before sending him off.

Baekhyun stayed by the port to wave the benevolent man goodbye. “Thank you!” He shouted.

“Now what?”  He asked himself as he walked into the village. “It’s getting dark soon…”

 

He walked everywhere – seeking shelter as darkness slowly chased him.

Eventually, the sun went down. The moon rose up in the sky and the village was soon covered under the night.

“What should I do now?” He faintly said to himself, wobbling into an alley before collapsing into a pile of garbage bags.