The Girl From The Moon

Sunspot

☀️

“I’m not from the moon. I’m from this planet.” She told him with yet another frozen glare.

Baekhyun shrugged. He was so sure that he’d seen that necklace before.

Curious, the alien boy leaned in towards Eunhee to take a closer look at her pendant.

Her eyes grew big at the sudden invasion of her personal space. “Y-YA! Where do you think you’re looking?!” She shouted at him, pushing the ert-like alien away.

“I was looking at your necklace.” He innocently answered.

Eunhee glared at him. “Yeah right.” He’s an addict and a ert! I can’t believe mom agreed to letting him stay here. She added in her thoughts.

“What did you think I was looking at?” Baekhyun asked with the same naive expression.

Does he really expect me to answer something he obviously knows the answer to?!

“Ya. You…You say you’re an alien but you’re no different than ordinary Earth men!” The ‘violated’ human girl pointed with one arm covering her chest.

Baekhyun tilted his head, confused as to what was going on.

“I don’t understand… There’s nothing else for me to look at but your necklace.” He mumbled.

“N-nothing… else to--” She stuttered in disbelief, her female pride getting stabbed by his sharp words.

Eunhee stood up after, afraid that her blood pressure might hit its peak. “Nevermind.” She sneered at him and walked away.

“WAIT!” Baekhyun shouted and grabbed her wrist before she could walk any further away.

 “What?!” She growled back.

Ignoring her usual loud tone, Baekhyun stood up and faced Eunhee with a sincere gaze. “Why are you always shouting at me? I know you don’t like me suddenly staying here… but can’t we get along?”

The boy’s warm stare melted Eunhee’s icy pair, making her feel guilty for not treating him well.

“I thought moon people were kind and gentle…” He added with disappointment written all over his face.

 The feeling of guilt ended a second after what the alien had just said. “Why do you keep doing that?” She answered him with another question.

“Do what?” He asked, puzzled.

“Just when you start talking like a normal person, you lie and pretend you’re really an alien.” She explained.

Baekhyun frowned. “I’m not lying, nor am I pretending. I’m really from the sun!” He ended at an unexpectedly louder tone.

Eunhee sighed. “Baekhyun-ssi. That isn’t possible. The sun isn’t even a planet. It’s a star.” She calmly lectured him.

“Apocryphal!” He exclaimed.

Her brain twitched at the unfamiliar word. “Apro… what?”

 “I don’t know who told you humans that, but the sun is not a star. It’s a planet and I live in it!”

The alien boy’s words didn’t help Eunhee ease her vocabulary- caused headache. Instead, they added further confusion.

“Okay, wise guy. If you really are a ‘sun person’ then prove it!” She challenged him with her head held high.

“OKAY. I WILL.” He boldly told her with his head held higher. “And if I prove you wrong, you have to grant me a wish! Deal?”