The Trash ert

Sunspot

☀️

“Eunhee-ya!” Her mother called. “Hurry up and throw the trash! It’s almost midnight!”

She sighed, feeling the heavy bag of laziness on her shoulders as she stands up to finish the chore.

“Kim Eunhee!” Her mother called again; louder than the first.

“YE!!” She answered her call and rolled her eyes.

As what her mother said earlier, it was almost midnight.

There never were enough street lights by her house.

Fortunately, the one light post near them was next to wear trash is left for garbage trucks to pick up.

With forced effort, Eunhee picked up the heavy trash bags from the kitchen and went into the dim street in front of their house.

The darkness made her feel anxious. She looked left and right for any suspicious movements near her.

With one deep gulp, Eunhee walked as fast as she could towards the light post and dropped the black plastic bags by it.

“GAH!” Someone grunted with the sound of trash bags being dropped unto the pavement.

“AAAAH!!!” She shouted a millisecond later at the moment a hand that emerged from under the big garbage bags grabbed her foot.

Eunhee jumped to loosen the hand from her foot and grabbed the nearest object she could find to defend herself from the stranger.

“WHO ARE YOU?!” She screamed at the defenceless man and pointed a harmless but malodorous banana peel at him.

“Please help me…” The man barely replied; sounding like he was running out of oxygen to breathe.

“NOT UNTIL YOU TELL ME WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU ARE DOING IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE, YOU PSYCHO!” She threatened him and continued to wave the peel at him.

“Okay okay.”  He managed to answer despite the constant shouts that almost made his ears bleed. “Just get that nasty thing away from me.”

Eunhee then decided to put her banana gun down and listen to the odd man.

“I become weak at the absence of light… this is the nearest light source I found but… it’s not enough.” He explained with a few grunts in between.

She curved her brows in confusion and shot the man with a strange look. “What?” She murmured.

“Is he on drugs?”  She thought.

The stranger took a deep breath and struggled to stand up on his weak wobbling feet.

“My name is Baekhyun. I’m not from this planet.” He told her without any hint of laughter in his voice.

“He is definitely on drugs.” She thought.