Almost There

Sunspot

☀️

The massive guard squinted, scanning the boy and his companion like an airport metal detector.

His eyes fixed themselves on a hooded Eunhee whose legs were covered by a suspiciously thick blanket in the middle of summer.

“DON’T!” Eunho shouted at the man, grabbing his hand before he could lift Eunhee’s hood. “She wouldn’t like that…” He mumbled.

Before her brother could pass out from the anxiety the large man was causing him, a doctor came by.

“What’s going on here?” She asked the guard. “Why aren’t you letting this patient in?”

“It must be her.” Eunho thought as he looked at the short-haired woman’s name on her white coat.

“My friend will help get you inside and out.” Taehun told the two. “Her name is Haeyoung.”

The large man suddenly turned into a little child in front of her. “I’m sorry, ma’m” He apologised before opening the door for them.

 

“Thank you, Haeyoung-ssi.” Eunho whispered to her as they walked towards the elevator. “But may I ask you something?”

The woman continued to walk with confidence as she responded “Why am I helping you?”

Eunho nodded, surprised that she already knew what he was about to ask.

“Didn’t Taehun tell you?” Haeyoung asked the tall boy. “He promised me that he’ll introduce me to a great guy if I did.” She replied as they enter the spacious elevator

 “I expected someone like Zo Insung…” She murmured, scrutinizing him from head to toe. “But I guess you’ll do.” She finished with a wink before walking out of the lift as soon as it arrived and opened on the second floor.

Eunho blushed as he watched the woman strut in front of him.

“Wake up, oppa. We need to hurry.” Eunhee grunted.

 

A few minutes later of walking along seemingly endless corridors, they arrived in front of Baekhyun’s room.

“Now you only have 20 minutes to get him out before Dr. Zhang gets here after his lunch.” She whispered to the two. “I bribed one of the security guards so you don’t have to worry about the CCTVs”

Eunhee then pulled her hood back to look at their accomplice. “Wait. If you’re a doctor here, why couldn’t you just release him for us?”

“We have a strict ‘don’t touch the other doctors’ patients’ rule here. Also, Dr. Zhang and I are basically enemies so convincing him to release your friend would be like asking a pig to fly. Now hurry. We only have one chance to do this.”

“Thank you, anyway, for the help.” Eunhee softly told her.

Eunho chuckled at his sister’s sudden polite tone. “Just so you know, she never thanks people. So you should feel honored right now.” He joked at Haeyoung.

“Shut up.” She growled at her brother, elbowing his leg.

Haeyoung smiled at Eunhee nonetheless. “You’re welcome. Now go.”

 

“Baekhyun!” Eunhee eagerly called the boy who was on his bed with thick leather straps holding his wrists and legs down.

He turned to where he heard such sweet familiar voice and started to burst into tears.

“Eunhee…” He whimpered. “Hyung…”

Quickly, she stood from the wheelchair and ran to him. “Sorry I’m late…” She told him as she unbuckled the straps around his wrists.

“I knew you’d come for me.” He told her with his usual wide grin.

Eunho laughed at the boy’s idiotic smile as he undid the leg straps. “We’ll get you out of here quickly, don’t worry.”

The sound of the door opening made the three pause and look.

“Hurry up. Lunch time is almost over.” Haeyoung warned them.

Eunhee bit her lip at the sudden hit of time pressure. “Hurry and wear these.” She told Baekhyun, handing him the pair of sweatpants and slippers she hid under her blanket; and the loose white hooded jacket she wore.

Baekhyun listened to the siblings’ instructions and followed them swiftly.

Once all preparations were done, they exited the room with the rescued boy sitting safely in the wheelchair.

 

“This way, hurry.” Haeyoung said as she hastily guided them into the fire exit across his room.

They entered as fast as they could, leaving the wheelchair stuck between the door by mistake.

“Why is this here?” They heard someone say as they quickly climbed down the stairs. “Call the guards.” He instructed another.

Haeyoung gulped – knowing that her career would immediately end once they get caught.

“I’ll go up there and stall them. You guys go down straight to the basement and--” She said nonetheless before the tall one stopped her.

“No.” Eunho said and glanced at his nervous sister and Baekhyun. “We need you to guide them through the exit. We’ll just have to go with plan B.”

 

“And what is plan B?” Baekhyun anxiously asked.