Second Chance

Sunspot

☀️

“You knew her didn’t you?” Eunhee asked Taehun as they walked back to the clinic.

The tall man looked down to her eye level. “Who?” He asked with one brow raised.

“Baekhyun’s mother.” She replied.

He sighed then nodded. “We went to the same high school together… she’s my first love.” He continued with faint smile as he remembered her.

“One-sided?” She asked further, concluding that the woman must’ve loved her husband instead of her uncle.

He softly chuckled at her blunt question. “That’s what I thought too… before I saw it.”

“What do you mean?”

Taehun stopped his steps then pointed at Eunhee’s necklace. “That was a matching set. The moon was supposed to mine to wear and the sun was for her. I saw the boy wearing it.”

She held her pendant and looked at it carefully. “You mean… ” she mumbled until she noticed her uncle tearing up.

“She told me that her family didn’t like me… and that she started liking someone else…” He explained. “I was so heartbroken I left this city as soon as we graduated… and when I came back, I found out she’s gone…”

Eunhee sympathized with him.

“I should’ve fought for her… and stayed with her…” “but I was a coward.” He mumbled.

“It’s not too late, samchun.” She assured him “You can still do something for her.”

He smiled. “I’ll do my best!”

 

“Baekhyun-ssi?” Taehun called as he entered his room.

The boy frowned upon seeing another man in blue.

“Someone is here to see you.” The doctor said smiling despite his reaction.

Feeling exhausted, Baekhyun ignored him and laid back down on his bed.

 

“Baekhyun?” She called him.