Nightmares

Sunspot

☀️

“His blood pressure is dropping” One of the men said. “We need to get him to a hospital NOW.”

“Eunhee…” He whimpered as the girl released her hand from his grasp, finding pity in her eyes.

Without waiting any further, the paramedics closed the ambulance door and drove away.

 

3 Days later:

“Ya.” Jiyoung called as she entered Eunhee’s room. “Your dad told me he found you and Baekhyun in a forest! You have a lot of explaining to—are you okay?”

The girl sat up from her bed to greet the person who seemed to have noticed her somber mood. “I’m fine.” She impassively replied.

“You know I’d never accept that as an answer.” Her best friend complained. “You’re still worried about him, aren’t you? I heard he got the flu… but I’m sure he’s fine now… physically that is.”

Eunhee started to fiddle with her pendant. “No… It’s just that… it’s just that my ankle hurts a lot.” She answered, earning a deadpan look from her.

“Okay, fine. I am worried.” She finally confessed. “You weren’t there, Jiyoung. He looked at me like he was begging to spare his life! And he… was cold. He had a fever but his hand was freezing…”

Silently, Jiyoung gently pulled Eunhee into her arms.

“And I…” She whimpered, holding tight onto her friend’s shirt in an attempt to keep her tears from falling. “I couldn’t do anything…”

Jiyoung softly patted her head. “Well there’s something you could do now. How about we pay him a visit?” She suggested.

 

“What’s your name and where are you from?” Someone short and intimidating asked the lad.

He looked at the man with heavy eyes, opened his dry pale lips and said, “I’m Byun Baekhyun. I’m from the Sun.”

With his rough thickset fingers, he wrote what the alien said on his pocket-sized notepad.

“How long have you been a man from the sun?”

“Since birth.”

“Have you been any other hospitals before?”

The boy looked away. “No.”

“Have you seen people like me before?” The man said, pulling on his uniform for emphasis.

“Yes.”

“Do you remember where and when?”

He curved his brows as he remembered a scene from his past

“Baekhyun, where are you from?” A tall man in blue asked as he sat down with a clipboard in his hand.

 The child looked at him, quivering in fear of what's to come next.

 “I’m from the sun…”

                  He shook his head as stood up and walked towards the door.

                  “This is for your own good.” The cruel man told him and turned the lights off.

 

“Baekhyun-ssi?” The man in front of him called, noticing his fidgeting fingers. “Are you alright?”

Instead of answering the question, he looked out the window.

“Can I please have my flashlight back?” He asked the man as he watched the sun go down.

He sighed at his patient’s response. “We’ll give it back if you answer my question.” “When and where was the last time you saw people like us?”

“I’d like to have my flashlight back please.” He repeated.

Frustrated, the man stood up and headed towards the door.

“DON’T!” Baekhyun suddenly shouted, making the man jump.

“Don’t… please don’t turn off the lights…” he feebly told him. “I-I’ll tell you everything… just don’t turn off the lights.”