A Long Night

Sunspot

☀️

“Ya! Why are you running?!” Eunhee shouted as she ran after the quick alien. “Do you even know where you’re going?”

Baekhyun, however, kept running. “Stay away from me, traitor!”

“What?!” She replied, unable to hear what the boy just said due to the distant gap between them. “Stop running and talk to me!”

“Stop following me!” He yelled as he ran towards the mountain side of the beach.

Her legs were already growing weak from running but she couldn’t give up. She had to know the reason behind the alien boy’s sudden actions.

“YA!” She yelled again before slipping and falling down the hill.

 

Luckily, Eunhee rolled down unto a bed of leaves, preventing her from getting any serious injuries.

The sound of the ‘traitor’ falling made him stop and turn around.

“Eunhee?” He worriedly called. “Eunhee!!”

“I’m down here, you idiot!” She replied as she stood unharmed and dusted herself.

He ran as fast as he could to where he heard her; a little too fast that is, causing him to slip and fall as well.

 

And just as when Eunhee finally finished picking out all the leaves that got stuck to her hair, the rolling alien drew closer and closer towards her.

ㅅㅂ” She cursed as a bowling pin would before getting hit by the ball.

The loud crash echoed through the woods.

Eunhee yet again dropped unto the bed of leaves while Baekhyun accurately landed on top of her.

He squirmed and groaned at the agonizing pain he got from rolling over a few rigid rocks and branches on his way down.

“Eunhee?” He managed to say under his tired breath. “Where are you?”

“I’m going to kill you if you don’t get off me right now!” She mumbled under his back.

 

The boy quickly stood upon figuring out where she was.

“Sorry…” He mumbled. “Wait. No. I’m not the one who should be sorry. You should!” He suddenly countered.

Eunhee closed her eyes and took in a deep breath to calm her mind. “What nonsense are you talking about now?”

“You promised me, remember?” He replied, peeved by her attitude.

She sat up and looked back at the glaring boy. “Promised what exactly?”

“You promised me you wouldn’t tell anyone about my powers!” He exclaimed, running out of patience.

Tired and frustrated, Eunhee yelled back, “And I haven’t! What made you think I told anyone?”

He squatted down to her level and looked deeper into her eyes. “That man… inside your house…”

“he’s one of the villains I told you about.”