A Very Long Night

Sunspot

☀️

“I don’t understand…” Eunhee murmured. “What do those ‘villains’ even look like?”

He scowled at the thought of them. “They’re horrifying.” He described. “They have blue skin and some of them wear masks.”

“Blue?” She asked herself, thinking of anyone in the house who would fit the bizarre description. “Could it be… samchun?”

Right… it’s the third sunday of the month… he must’ve been there for appa’s check-up...

“He’s one of them.” Baekhyun said, breaking the girl’s chain of thought.

She looked at him once again. “That’s not true.” She slowly replied, her pupils quivering as she thought of more words to fit the strange conversation.

“That man gave me this.” She added and showed him the moon necklace she wore all the time. “That means… that he’s from the moon, right?”

He gave you that?” Baekhyun doubtfully asked.

She nodded. “See? he’s a good guy. My uncle comes to visit twice a month to give my parents a check-up since he’s a nurse. And nurses take care of people. Not hurt them.”

Baekhyun leaned in closer, carefully observing every movement she made to see whether she was telling the truth or not. “Fine. I believe you.” he concluded. “But only because I know that moon people never lie.”

 

Eunhee let out a sigh of relief upon hearing his words. “Can we go home now then?”

He pressed his hands against his knees and sprung himself back up. “Yes.” He faintly replied as he reached his hand out for the girl to hold.

Just as Eunhee took his hand to pull herself up, immense pain struck her left ankle.

“What’s wrong?” The boy asked her as soon as she fell back to the dry ground with a grunt.

She gently held the area where it hurt most to find the answer. “I sprained my ankle.” She replied.

Worried and afraid, Baekhyun immediately knelt down with his back facing his injured companion. “Get on my back.” He said with haste. “You said your uncle takes care of people… let’s hurry so he can heal you.”

She softly laughed at the boy’s exaggeration. “It’s just a sprain. No big deal. ”

“It is to me. Now get on.” He replied, making Eunhee blush with his sudden manly gestures.

After a few seconds of hesitation, she had decided to hold onto the alien’s shoulders and moved in closer for him to lift her.

Baekhyun lifted her up easily. “You’re as light as a cloud.” He said with a chuckle.

“Didn’t you say I was heavy before?” She reminded him, laughing back.

He smiled. “Maybe all that running made you lose weight.”

“Tch.” She reacted.

 

For the first time in Eunhee’s life, someone carried her on their back.

Being known as a tough and independent student in school, Eunhee had always been left to take care of herself with no one to offer her a hand at the very least.

She rested her head on his shoulder and smiled, remembering how she had to carry the salivating alien on her back last time; and thinking that this must be his punishment for giving her back pain and eye bags the following day.

“Why are you laughing?” The boy asked upon hearing Eunhee’s soft laughter.

She immediately pursed her lips. “Nothing.” She replied.

“Hey Baekhyun.” She called him, wanting to change the topic before he could ask any further.

He glanced at her. “Hm?”

“Just what did those ‘villains’ do to you?”