Another Unwanted Visitor

Sunspot

☀️

Eunho knocked on the bathroom door thrice.

“Yes?” Baekhyun responded through the door as he continued showering.

“I’ll leave the clothes by the door.” Eunho told him.

“Okay.” The boy replied.

“Hey.” Eunho called out to him.

Baekhyun turned the metal knob of the shower to hear what Eunho had more to say. “Yes?”

“About last night… I’m sorry I slapped you with my slipper… twice.” Eunho whispered; keeping his apology short.

The alien boy lifted the corner of his lips at the man’s gentle apology. He was amazed at how the tougher looking older brother was able to simply ask for forgiveness compared to his innocent-looking younger sister who couldn’t even try to hide her soul-crushing glare.

“Don’t worry. I forgive you.” He said to him and continued on with his shower.

The heavy burden of possibly getting sued and going to jail drifted off his shoulders when Eunho heard the words he’d been wanting to hear from their now temporary guest.

“Thanks.” He said closely to the wooden door with a guilt-free smile and walked away.

 


 

Aish.. why do we need to eat lots of side dishes anyway? She grumbled to herself as she washed the breakfast dishes.

“Eunsaeng!” Eunho called her from the living room.

“What?!” She shouted back.

“Come here! QUICKLY!”

“WHY?”

“COCKROACH! IT’S A 9!”

If there’s one thing that Eunho fears, it would be cockroaches. Not the baby-sized ones but those that are big enough to fly around.

Eunhee, on the other hand, isn’t scared of them; which is why her brother calls for her whenever he sees a big crawling cockroach (9) or a huge flying one (10)

 “YA! You’re already in college! And pretty soon, you’ll receive your military service letter!” “How are you going to survive when you can’t even kill a cockroach?!” She nagged from the kitchen.

“IT DISAPPEARED! YA EUNSAENG! HELP ME FIND IT!” Eunho cried out, holding both his slippers in case of a sudden roach ambush.

Aigoo… Eunhee sighed and ignored her brother’s cry for help.

“Aish. Why is the cupboard so high?” She asked herself as she reached for the top shelf to place the clean plates.

A sudden breath of warmth enveloped the skin on her nape as two long arms reached out from behind her to the stack of plates she was holding.

“Let me help you.” He said by her left ear.

She turned her head to where his voice was.

He looked like a completely different man after that refreshing shower.

His hair was still wet from washing up and his eyes glistened with the sunlight from the kitchen window.

And his smile… seemed sweeter than her favourite chocolate ice cream.

The close contact with the new and cleaner alien made her blush.

.

.

.

AHA!!” Eunho shouted from a much closer distance.

PAAKKK!!

The sound of his slipper hitting the poor alien’s back echoed within the whole kitchen.

“AH!” Baekhyun shouted with the sound of his nose slamming against Eunhee’s crown.

The alien’s contact with the human girl’s head caused a domino effect as Eunhee bumped her forehead against the cupboard door – causing her to lose her balance and fall on her back.

Eunho, on the other hand, continued to chase the cockroach along the hallway as if he didn’t cause any trouble in the kitchen.

“COME BACK HERE AND FIGHT ME LIKE A MAN… roach…” He shouted at the innocent bug.

 

A few seconds after her collapse, Eunhee groaned at her aching forehead.

“Are you okay?” Baekhyun asked her.

“Yeah.. I think.” She faintly replied.

“Then… can you get off me, please? You’re quite heavy…” He awkwardly added.

“What?” Eunhee asked as she opened her eyes to see Baekhyun’s lips a few inches from hers.

 Flustered and embarrassed, Eunhee quickly sat up and turned her flushed face away from their guest.

“Sorry.” She murmured.

“Eunhee-ssi…” Baekhyun called her, reaching out his delicate fingers to her bruised forehead.

“I’m fine. Really.” She assured him with a smile. “OMO!” She suddenly reacted.

“What?” The alien asked, puzzled by the human girl’s unusual look.

Eunhee in return cringed at his face. “Your nose…” She uneasily answered.

“My nose?” He asked, bringing his fingers under his nozzle.  “Blood!” He shouted at the moment he saw his red stained fingertips.

“W-wait here.” She commanded with a stutter and ran to the washroom.

.

.

.

“AH!” The alien shouted in pain. “I can do it myself.” He added, loosening the roll of tissue that Eunhee shoved into his nostril.

 “Sorry.” She mumbled again and nervously tinkered with her necklace pendant.

“Oh? That necklace…” He said and pointed with his eyes.

Confused, Eunhee looked at the silver crescent pendant her favourite uncle gave her when she was 10. “What about it?” She asked him.

“Why didn’t you tell me you’re from the moon?” He giddily asked with a wide stupid grin on his face.

Eunhee sighed.  

 

This is going to be the longest and most frustrating 2 months of my life.