As the sun goes down

Sunspot

☀️

She shook her head; ridding herself of trivial concerns. “Why should I worry?” She said with an awkward giggle. “I found him in front of the house that night we first met. Of course he knows how to get here.”

“Maybe he left for good?” the girl assumed, beaming at the thought of it. “That’s it! He must’ve left and looked for another place to stay. This is great! I can move comfortably again in my own home.”

The positive thoughts of not having the alien around, however, didn’t keep Eunhee overjoyed for long. She sat on her bed and looked at the clock. “Just where can that alien go at this late hour?”

“only a sunspot can control light and become weak at the absence of it.”

She gasped. “No way…”

Eunhee grabbed the flashlight in her dresser drawer and ran out of the house.

.

.

“Aish… Kim Eunhee, what are you doing?” She babbled to herself as she walked along the dark pavement.

It was 11 pm. Being in a quiet city with much less cars and stores; and even much less people made it impossible for businesses to stay open after 10. The only source of light Eunhee had as company was her flashlight… and the few light posts along the streets.

“I should’ve called Oppa to look for that idiot with me…” She whimpered in regret. “But then he’ll never stop teasing me for worrying.”

“Baekhyun?” She called out.

Eunhee bit her lip; scared that something might jump out of nowhere.

“Could it be….” “He’s still at the school?” She wondered; nearing her campus.

“Umma…” She whimpered at the sight of the terrifying façade of her school under the moonlight.

With one brave step, Eunhee continued on to search for the troublemaker.

“B-baekhyun?” She started to stutter; shivers climbing up her spine at the sound of her voice echoing across the halls.

Cold sweat kept crawling down her forehead as she carefully walked along the corridor.

“WHAT WAS THAT?!” She shouted and turned to where she heard the suspicious clangs.

Eunhee released a sigh of relief when she realized that it was just the loud knocks of trees against the glass windows.

“I’m not even sure if he’s really here…” she complained. “If he’s not at the rooftop, I’m going home.”

The ominous vibe of the staircase made Eunhee as pale as paper.

“You can do this, Kim Eunhee.” She encouraged herself and started climbing up the seemingly endless stairs.

After climbing several more steps, Eunhee finally reached the top.

“That little sh*t better be here.” She groaned in between heavy pants.

“Oh? This….”Eunhee mumbled; picking up the familiar piece of wood.

She gasped. “I must’ve kicked it out when I ran down!”

Quickly, the guilty human girl pushed the heavy door open.

“Baekhyun?” Eunhee worriedly called as she cautiously entered the dim rooftop.

All of a sudden, something touched her ankle.

“AH!!” She shouted and hit whatever it was with her heavy duty flashlight.

 

“not again…” He whimpered before losing his consciousness.