A Night to Remember

Sunspot

☀️

“Baekhyun! Baekhyun wake up!” She shouted.

 

 

“What happened to you?” Mrs. Kim asked her daughter; staring at the dark bags under Eunhee’s eyes.

Eunhee forced her sleep-deprived self to answer. “I was up all night solving a problem.”

Her mother sighed. “Kids’ homework these days must be so tough. I should pack you heavier lunch to keep you energized.” She ended and went towards the kitchen.

A much heavier sigh left Eunhee’s lips.

“Good morning, Eunhee!” Baekhyun greeted as he entered the leaving room.

Eunhee’s eye twitched at the sound of his usual giddy voice, feeling too annoyed to face the boy in the early morning.

“WOAH! YOUR EYES! You look like my neighbour back at home.” He laughingly teased.

That’s it. He pulled the trigger.

Her face turned red. She pursed her lips and clenched her fists tight.

Then she pushed herself up from her seat and turned to the boy with a flaming scowl.

“GET OUT!!!” She shouted at him, spit splattering onto the alien’s face.

“I-I was just joking…” He mumbled like a puppy being thrown out by his master.

“LEAVE THIS HOUSE OR I WILL KICK YOU OUT MYSELF!!” She growled at him with her fists ready to punch the poor lad.

“But…”

“GET OOOOOOOOUUUUUUT!!!!!”

 

“I don’t know what you did to get her so mad like that, but don’t worry. She doesn’t get angry long. Just let her calm down for a while.” Eunho told the alien who was all scrunched up at the pavement in front of their house.

“Can’t you talk to her for me, hyung?” Baekhyun asked him with his puppy eyes.

“And risk getting burned by her dragon breath?! No way.” He dramatically replied. “Even our parents get scared when she’s THAT furious.”

“I just don’t get it. Why is she so angry?” the boy asked with confusion and worry painted on his face

 

Last night:

“Baekhyun! Baekhyun!!” She called him, slapping his cheek to wake him up.

The alien, however, was in deep sleep.

“AISH!!” She loudly cursed her anger out.

“Only a sunspot can control light and become weak at the absence of it.”

“The flashlight!” She brightly remembered.

Quickly, Eunhee grabbed her flashlight and switched it on.

“What the…” She uttered, pressing the button over and over – waiting for light to emerge.

 

 

“I can’t believe this is happening to me.” She whined as she adjusted Baekhyun’s legs so he won’t drop from her back.

It took only 10 minutes to walk from the school to her house.

Yet, 10 minutes felt like an eternity with the boy sleeping soundly on the surprisingly hard-wearing girl.

“Just a little further.” She groaned, sweat dripping down her forehead.

She tilted her head in curiosity. “What’s this weird feeling…?” She whispered to herself, sensing something off while she walked.

“It feels… wet…” She murmured.

Eunhee turned her head towards the odd wet vibe she felt on her shoulder.

“OH MY….” She bit her lip before she could wake up the whole neighbourhood.

As if carrying the short yet heavy boy wasn’t enough, the poor human girl had to deal with the alien drooling onto the thin fabric of her sleeve.

“Just what did I do to deserve this?!” she internally shouted.

 

Eunho shrugged at Baekhyun’s question. “We always fight but she never kicked ME out.”

Dismayed by his reply, the younger rested his chin on his knee. “What do I do now?”

A spark of an idea made the older boy smirk. “There IS one way to make her forgive you faster.”

Baekhyun enthusiastically stood up at Eunho’s words. “What is it?” He asked with gleaming eyes.