Epilogue

Sunspot

☀️

“Are you ready?”  Jiyoung asked her, patting her shoulder to calm her nerves.

She sighed. “Maybe. They won’t laugh at me will they?” Eunhee anxiously asked her reliable best friend.

“Of course they will!” Eunho teasingly replied in her stead as he entered the backstage door, earning a glare from her.

“They won’t, Eunhee. Don’t worry.” Jiyoung assured her. “I mean who would dare laugh at Kim Eunhee, the school gangster? …unless they have a death wish.” She snickered.

“YA!” Eunhee laughingly shouted at her friend, giving her a light punch. “Whatever. Let’s just leave this room. I need some fresh air.”

 

“So when is Baekhyun moving out?” Jiyoung asked as they loitered outside the school gym.

“Next week.” Eunho answered for his sister who was too busy looking left and right for the mentioned boy.

Jiyoung pouted at the thought of her new friend leaving much sooner than she remembered.

“He’ll just be minutes away by boat, you know.” “Samchun decided to stay in Mokpo to keep an eye on him.” He told the solemn girl.

“Really?” She replied, beaming. “But I thought he was going to settle things with his dad?”

“He did. That jerk lives in America now, though. He at least had the decency to ask Baekhyun to live with him and his new family. But obviously, the kid turned him down. I mean who wouldn’t after getting abandoned by him? Luckily, samchun’s willing to take care of him from now on.”

She quizzically looked up at the taller boy. “Wait. Does that mean that he’ll adopt Baekhyun? If that’s the case then… He and Eunhee can’t get married!”

“What?”

“They’ll be cousins, oppa.” Jiyoung dejectedly concluded.

Eunho snorted. “We’re not related to samchun. He’s appa’s best friend. Besides, why would Baekhyun like-” He paused to look at his sister from head to toe in disgust “-that.”

 

“Where is he?” Eunhee asked herself, looking at her watch.

“Who? Me?” A tall slender boy replied from behind her, causing her to jump.

She turned around to see Sehun visually prepped for his performance.

“Oh it’s you.” She calmly reacted unlike most of the girls in the school.

“Looking for someone else I see” He chuckled. “Good luck with your performance.” The slim boy told her before swiftly walking to the stage to perform.

Eunhee looked at Jiyoung immediately after he left, wondering why her friend hasn’t spazzed yet. “Don’t you like him anymore?”

“I don’t think he’ll ever like me anyway.” Jiyoung replied with a poker face.

“Why are you suddenly pessimistic? You’re pretty and sma-”

“I caught him checking out Eunho oppa’s earlier.” She cut her off.

“Oh.”

“Is that why he winked at me?” Eunho reacted, squinting at the thought.

The two girls bursted out laughing, discovering that the most popular boy in school had a thing for the school thug’s brother.

 

“EUNHEE!!” A familiar boy with a sunshine smile ran towards them.

“YA! Why are you late?!” Eunhee scolded him as soon as he reached them.

“I’m not late. I was here earlier. Then I went home to get something.” He replied as he caught his breath.

She raised her left brow. “What’s so important that you had to run home and back minutes before our performance?” She retorted.

“This.”  Baekhyun replied, holding up Eunhee’s moon necklace. “I noticed you weren’t wearing it so I went back to get it.”

Jiyoung smirked at her blushing friend. “Why are you so red, Eunhee?” She teased.

“Shut up!” She snarled at her teasing.

 

“Next up is class 3, Kim Eunhee. Please give her a round of applause!” The host announced before leaving the stage to the performers.

Steadily she walked towards the center of the stage where the mic stood.

Right behind her was Baekhyun who positioned himself before the electric piano beside her.

She looked at the audience and gulped, took the mic in her hands, then looked at Baekhyun.

“Ready, Eunhee?” He gleamed at her.

The girl from the moon smiled back.

“Ready, Sunspot.”