Diversion part 2

Sunspot

☀️

Both Eunhee and her mother’s eyes widened at the sound of something getting hit.

“What th--” their mother muttered.

“UMMA!” She shouted for the third time tonight and turned her mother’s face with her hands before she could see what was going on inside Eunho’s room.

She curved her eyebrows at her daughter’s sudden and awkward movements. “What is wrong with you tonight?? Have you gone crazy?” She asked in disbelief.

“O-Ommooo…. Umma. Y-your wrinkles are getting deep.” She managed to answer with an awkward laugh.

“Huh?” Mrs. Kim uttered in confusion.

“You know what, We shooouuuu---“ She started to suggest and peeked above her mother’s shoulder to check on Eunho.

Her eyes widened at the sight of baekhyun barely lying on the bed like a fallen autumn leaf and her older brother holding his slipper again.

Nothing else was needed for her to figure out what had just happened in that room.

Eunhee shifted her view back to her mom immediately, fearing that she might turn around again. “—uuuuld put on facial masks!” She finished with yet another obviously fake laugh.

Her mother squinted at her, suspicion evident in her eyes. “Are you…” She started to mumble.

@!*/@# We got caught! She thought to herself and tried to maintain calm.

“You’re not planning a surprise for my birthday are you?” She continued, beaming in excitement.

Not knowing what to reply due to the growing anxiety, Eunhee just awkwardly grinned back at her mother.

She giggled like an elegant lady at a ball. “Okay okay. I won’t ask any more questions. Let’s start putting on the facial masks you were talking about shall we?” She said and giggled all the way to her bedroom, forgetting to check up on her son.

Eunhee let out a deep sigh of relief and patted away cold sweat on her forehead.

“Ya.” She called out to her brother and entered his room. “Did you really have to smack him on the face again?”

“Close the door before anything else.” Eunho whispered, worried that their bat-eared mom would come back.

She did what she was told and pinched her nose to survive the putrid scent of Eunho’s room.

Her brother sighed and scratched the back of his head. “I panicked okay? If he woke up and said something, umma would hear.” He explained with guilt written all over his face.

Eunhee shook her head at his petty excuse. “Whatever. Just keep him quiet and don’t let him out of your room until tomorrow.”

“I know. Now go back to mom before she starts looking for you.” He replied and gestured her sister to close the door as soon as she stepped out.