Diversion

Sunspot

☀️

Their strong sibling bond appeared when they looked at each other in sync and started talking telepathically.

I’ll enter from here and hide him quick. Eunho mouthed.

I’ll run and distract umma before she enters your room. Eunhee mouthed.

In sync once again, the two nodded in agreement and followed their new plan.

As quick and nimble as a frog, Eunho climbed through the window and took out his thickest blanket to cover Baekhyun from head to toe.

“Eunho-ya” Their mother called again as she approaches her eldest’s room

“UMMA!!” Eunhee shouted behind her mother.

The shriek-like call made their mother jump and turn around just before she could take a hold onto Eunho’s door.

 “WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING?!” She shouted back at her daughter.

“Uhh…” Eunhee started to stutter. “I-I…”

Her face started to turn red from watching her daughter fail to respond. “You you what?!”

“I… I saw a cockroach in the kitchen!” She finally lied answered.

Mrs. Kim let out a sigh to relieve some of the stress that’s piling up. “A cockroach?” She asked Eunhee with raised eyebrows. “You killed it right?”

Eunhee fiddled with her necklace, like she always did when she’s nervous. “I-I tried to but I couldn’t so I wanted Appa to kill it but he… is sleeping on the couch. I didn’t want to wake him up…” She replied without making eye contact with her mother.

She squinted and scrutinized her daughter’s every move. “If you were worried about waking your father up…” She started with an insincere smile. “THEN WHY DID YOU SHOUT AT ME?!” And ended with a soul-piercing glare.

The speechless Eunhee closed her eyes and turned away from her mother’s spit shower of anger.

“Aigoo…” Mrs. Kim murmured, loud enough for her daughter to hear.

Worried that they might end the night in a sour mood, Eunhee decided to apologize for her rather impulsive behaviour. “I’m sorry, mother.” She said to her with utmost formality and added a ninety degree bow.

Her mother snickered at her actions. “Aigoo…” she mumbled again in a lighter tone.  

Looks like we’re safe. Yes! Eunho told himself with a victorious fist-pump as he listens to the two through the wooden door.

“h-h-hoooooOOOOoooot….” Baekhyun whimpered through the thick blanket.

Who wouldn’t whine being in his position when it was in the middle of a very hot summer at that time?

“What was that?” Mrs. Kim asked and immediately shifted her attention back on Eunho’s room.

Eunho turned around at the sound of Baekhyun’s wimpy voice emanating from the layers of sheets.

OH NO OH NO OH NO Eunho muttered in his mind as he panicked around the room, thinking of what he should do about their victim waking up from his agonizing slumber.

“Eunhoya?” Their mother called and opened the door to his room. “Eun--”

“UMMA!” Eunhee shouted again and turned her mother away from the now exposed room.

Surprised by her daughter’s shout, Mrs. Kim yet again shouted back. “WHAT?”

Not knowing what else to do, Eunhee ended up staring blankly at her mother.

 

PAAAK!!!!