I’m Fine

Sunspot

☀️

“Umma!”

.

.

.

.

“BAEKHYUN!” Eunhee shouted as she pulled him back to the sidewalk.

His head ached, as if something was pinching his brain.

As if he was starting to remember.

“Baekhyun! Are you okay?” She asked him, noticing the boy’s teary eyes.

He held his head with both hands, fearing that it would collapse if he didn’t.

“I… I’m fine.” He managed to reply.

Eunhee scrutinized her friend from head to toe, checking if he really was fine. “Let’s hurry home so you can rest.”

“Okay..” he faintly answered, unlike his usual energetic self.

She held his hand as they continued to walk towards the bus terminal, assuring herself of the distracted boy’s safety.

 

The next day:

“Good morning!” Baekhyun gleefully greeted the family as if nothing happened last night.

“Oh good morning, Baekhyun.” The man of the house greeted back from the dining table. “Eunhee told me you weren’t feeling well last night.” “Seems to me you’re all better now.” He added, relieved that they no longer need to send the boy to the hospital.

The alien nodded with his signature smile.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Eunhee asked as she focused her attention on her breakfast, not wanting to look too concerned.

Baekhyun walked towards the nearest window and stretched his arms. “Yes! The sun is shining so bright today so I feel 100% recharged.”

“He’s completely fine alright.” Eunho mumbled, earning a hard nudge from his sister.

I guess I should give him a bigger flashlight she thought to herself.

 

“I’M TELLING THE TRUTH!” Kyubin shouted at one of his friends as they walk down the hallway for lunch. “They’re living together!”

His friend snickered. “I believe you.”

“You do?” Kyubin asked with glittering eyes.

“No.” his friend laughingly replied and ran away.

Stunned by his friend’s unexpected answer, Kyubin shouted, “YA!”

 

“He what?!” Jiyoung reacted a little too loudly, earning a few head turns from the other students in the cafeteria.

Flustered, Eunhee shoved a spoonful of rice into her friend’s mouth to prevent her from shouting again.

“Don’t worry, he’s fine… I think.”

“You think?” Jiyoung struggled to say with a mouthful of rice. “He’s a delusional guy who thinks he’s from the sun and he almost got ran over buy a car, Eunhee. I don’t think he’s fine at all.” Was what she wanted to say but sounded like a gargling animal to her dear friend.

“Can you not talk with your mouth full?” Eunhee complained as she leaned backwards to avoid the flying rice from the girl’s mouth.

She took her cup of water and drank all of it to the very last drop. “I’m just saying…” She continued with clear words. “You should get him checked.”

Eunhee rested her chin on her palm and sighed. “Maybe I should…”

Her friend nodded as she took another spoonful of her meal.

“Medical bills though…”

“KIM EUNHEE!” Jiyoung shouted, spurting out most of her chewed on food all over her friend’s face.