A Kiss

Sunspot

☀️

It took about 3 seconds of staring at each other with their lips touching until they realized what exactly was going on in that moment.

He pulled himself away immediately and positioned his legs to kneel in front of her, ready to ask for an apology for the nth time.

“I’m..” He started to say before she cut him off.

“It’s fine.” She told him with her head turned to the side to hide her flushed face. “It’s just a kiss. No big deal.”

 

It was a big deal. May it be an accident or not, that was Eunhee’s first kiss.

 

“A kiss?” He asked, purely curious of what it was.

She turned to him befuddled. “Don’t tell me you don’t know what a kiss is?”

The boy shook his head. “Will you tell me what it is?”

“It’s… it’s when two lips touch.” She described in the most simple and innocent way possible, avoiding eye contact with the boy

Baekhyun looked at her with a quizzical gaze. “Why does it make me feel weird?” he asked, holding onto his quick-beating heart.

“Weird? What do you mean?” Eunhee asked, her heart thumping faster as it awaits his reply.

His eyes were fixed on every movement of her lips as she talked. It had seemed to him that the longer he stared, the louder his chest drummed.

“I.. I don’t know how to explain it.” He replied with a blush, not knowing the reason behind his unexpected rush of emotions.

 

“Maybe the spider bit you.” Eunhee teased to change the awkward topic.

His face cringed in horror. “WHAT?!”

“Some spider bites cause rapid heart rate.”

The poor boy panicked immediately, having no doubts on whatever Eunhee says. “Do they make you itchy too?!” He asked, scratching himself everywhere.

She tried her hardest to hold in her laughter as she watched her naïve friend panic at nothing through the rest of the night.