Lunch Time

Sunspot

☀️

Another set of obnoxious cheers and gestures filled the room at the moment of Eunhee’s return.

Fortunately, such things don’t bother this tough high school student. She’s always been tolerant of immature gossip ever since she got talked about for having a bruise due to a ‘fight she had while she was playing pool at the village bar’. But in reality, she just ran into a closed glass door.

Instead of running away or crying like any other student in her situation would do, Eunhee calmly took her seat and hung her lunch bag by her desk.

“Eunie.” Jiyoung called. “Who was that?”

She sighed. “It’s a long story.”

“Since when did that stop me from listening?” Jiyoung laughingly responded.

Eunhee laughed with her. She knew that her best friend would do anything to hear the answers to her questions. Otherwise, she’d keep calling in the middle of the night until Eunhee spill the beans.

It took another four boring hours of lectures before the lunch bell rang.

.

.

.

“He’s what?!” Jiyoung reacted loudly as Eunhee expected.

“I know right? I keep telling myself that he’s just some village fool or something but…”

“You can’t tell anyone about my powers, okay?” Baekhyun warned her.

“Why not? Will some evil villain show up if someone else knew?” She joked.

The alien was shocked. “How did you know?” He asked her with his eyes wide open.

“What?” She responded; confused.

“If my powers are revealed, the men of blue will take me away and trap me in their cold dark lair!” He explained further and took her hands in his. “Eunhee. You must promise me that you’ll keep my powers a secret!”

Eunhee shook her head. “That’s just impossible.” She told herself, laughing at the memory of it.

“What’s impossible?” Jiyoung asked and took a bite of her sandwich.

“Nothing. I was thinking of something else.” Eunhee replied.

Her best friend’s scrumptious lunch reminded her of own.

Excited, she opened up her lunch box.

“huh?” was all she could say after seeing what seemed to be kimbap rolls mushed together making it look more like bibimbap.

It must’ve shaken hard when we ran… She regretfully told herself.

“Well as long as he’s harmless, I guess everything will be fine.” Jiyoung optimistically concluded.

“I hope so.” Eunhee replied – struggling to eat her disfigured lunch.

 

“So what are you going to do for the talent show?”  Jiyoung asked.