Rooftop

Sunspot

☀️

“Where are we going?” Baekhyun asked as he catches up to Eunhee’s quick footsteps.

Ignoring his question, the fragile-looking but strong human girl continued to drag her alien companion towards the top of the school building.

With one solid push, Eunhee opened the metal door to the rooftop and lodged a piece of wood to stop it from closing.

“What the heck are you doing here?!” She sneered at him.

The alien gulped in fear of Eunhee’s usual piercing glare.

“Y-You forgot your lunch…” He stuttered and shakily lifted the lunch bag he brought with him. “Your brother asked me to bring it to you.”

She bit her lip to keep herself from cursing. Kim Eunho, you are dead when I get home! She silently declared.

“Still! You could’ve just left it with the guard or asked someone to hand it to me. Why did you have to slam the door open and shout my name?!” Eunhee lectured him.

Baekhyun frowned like a puppy being scolded by its master.

“I’m sorry… I was just excited to see you.” He said and looked at her with his sparkling eyes.

His sudden confession instantly made the innocent-hearted Eunhee blush. “You were?” She shyly asked.

“Of course. I wanted to see what your ‘school’ looked like and how people ‘study’. I thought you would be excited too.” He replied with a pout.

“Well… maybe if you told me earlier…” She murmured; still feeling embarrassed by what she heard from him.

“But don’t humans like surprises?” He wondered out of the blue. “Oh wait! I forgot you’re from the moon.” He corrected himself with a chuckle.

At this moment, one would think that Eunhee would unleash words of flame unto Baekhyun for saying nonsensical things again.

But instead, she softly giggled.

“Wow…” He reacted; mouth agape

 “What?” She asked.

“You just laughed.” He pointed out and smiled from ear to ear.

His idiotic yet charming grin made her chuckle again. “So?”

“It’s pretty.” Baekhyun complimented her.

Right before Eunhee could turn into a tomato because of his short but sweet comment, the school bell rang.

She gasped; knowing that she had to run back to her room before the teacher arrives.

“I have to go.” She told him. “You know your way out, right?”

“Yep. Don’t worry about me, my friend.” He replied with crescent-shaped eyes and handed her the lunch bag that caused both trouble and glee.

Without wasting another second, Eunhee grabbed her lunch and sprinted back to her room.

.

.

“Where am I now?” He asked himself; scratching his head as he thought over how he got to the school rooftop.