Blind Date And The Saviour

Love In The Club

 

“Himchan ah…could you help me change the frying oil?” I said sticking my head out from the door.

            “Nae…”

            “Thank you…you’re such a sweetheart…” I pinched his cheek.

            “No problem noona…”

I was watching Himchan doing his work and Hyo An came in.

            “Unnie, don’t freak out but your mom is here.”

            “My mom? I wonder what bring her here…thanks anyway.” I took off my apron and went to the front.

            “Hee Jin ah…” my mom was all dressed up looking a lot younger than her real age.

            “Omma…what are you doing here?” I sat in front her.

            “Why? I can’t come and see my daughter now?”She said.

            “No…it’s just…you only came here telling me that you’ve set me up on a date with one of your friend’s son…or that so called cute executive at appa’s office…”

            “What’s wrong with that? I’m trying to help you to find someone…you’re not getting any younger…” here we go again.

            “I thought we’re done talking about this back in Jeju.” How can I make my mom understand that I’m not interested in seeing anyone right now. I love my life just the way it is.

            “Anyway…remember that Hwan Hee boy you met at Tae Woo’s wedding?”

            “What about him?”

            “Despite being ditched by you at the reception, he wanted to see you again.”

            “What?” I have to see that self absorb snob again? Someone just kill me right now.

            “So, I’ve set up a date for you with him. Get all dolled up…and please wear a dress or something a little feminine…sometimes I feel like I have a son instead of a daughter.”

Here I am, sitting in front of my mom hearing her making comments about my appearance. What is so wrong for a girl to love wear jeans instead of skirts? I just wish I could brain wash her once. I love my mom but she can be a little too old fashion at times.     

            “Remember…La Italia Restaurant in Apgujung…7.30pm…and don’t be late.” She said as she was leaving after giving me a long painful lecture to find suitable man to marry.

            “Omma, can I just…”

            “You have to go to that date…by hook or by crook. And don’t you dare to ditch him again.”

             “I can’t promise you that.”

             “Yoo Hee Jin!” she pulled my ear.

             “Ok, ok…I won’t ditch him…” I said crossing my fingers.

After my mom left…

            “Aww man…my life !” I slump my head on the counter table.

            “Unnie, another blind date arrangement?” Hyo An asked with a smile.

            “What else could it be? And wipe that smile off your face…this is not funny.”

            “It is to me…so, who’s the guy for tonight?”

            “That same jerk I saw at the wedding reception in Jeju.”

            “The one you ditched when you went on that…” she made air quotation mark. “Jeju outing with Taecyeon from 2PM?”

            “Some just kill me…”

            “I will…”

            “Yaa Jung Daehyun!” I throw a towel at him but he quickly catches it.

Himchan POV

Looks like she really don’t want to go to that date. It’s okay noona, I’ll be your saviour tonight.

            “Yaa, what are you looking at?” Bora smacked my back.

            “Nothing…” I went to the counter and sat next to Hee Jin noona. “Are you okay?”

            “I’m fine Himchan ah…are you done changing the oil?”

            “Yup…”

            “I’m so glad that I have you here…” she put her hands on my shoulder.

            “What about us?” Daehyun and Hyo An said.

            “All of you…” she said with a smile. I’ve known Hee Jin noona since I was in high school. She’s always been the tough type kinda girl. I remember how she used to beat the hell out couple of guys for bullying Ah In and I. I don’t know how or when the feeling starts growing but I know I liked her more than a sister.

End of POV

I’m at the restaurant waiting for the guy but he was an hour late. Why do I even agree to see this jerk anyway? Aishh!

            “Hi…” I turned around and it was the jerk. Finally…

            “Hi…” I put on the most sincere smile possible but deep down I was boiling with anger.

            “How long you’ve been waiting?” he sat in front of me.

            “About an hour…it’s not that long…”

            “Very well then…so, how are you doing?”

            “Quite good actually…” no apologise? This guy is absolutely undeniably a jerk.

            “I won’t talk about what happened back in Jeju…I’m so glad I bumped into your mom yesterday…I told her that I want to meet you again…”

            “Really? That is so nice of you…” I wanna puke…

He snaps his fingers signalling for a waiter.

            “How’s the business going on?”

            “Great…”

A waiter came to our table.

            “Yes sir?” he put a menu in front of us.

            “What took you so long? Do I have to wait to get some decent service here? Don’t you know how to do your job?” Hwan Hee yelled at the waiter.

            “I’m sorry sir…I promise it won’t happen again.” the poor waiter bowed his head.

            “It better be or I will report you to the superior…” he flipped the menu and ordered some food.

            “I’ll just have today’s special…” I looked at the waiter’s nametag. “And orange juice…thank you Jongup ssi…” the waiter smiled at me and walked way.

            “Why are you being so nice at the waiter? He was late…”

            “It’s nothing wrong being nice…obviously you didn’t know how these guys work…” I hate people who are rude to waiters.

            “And you do?” he said with a smirk.

            “Yes…” I just wish someone would come in and take me away from this jerk snob.

Then…

            “Jagiya…” someone touched my shoulder. I looked over and it was Himchan.

            “Oh…Himchan ah…”

            “Jagiya…what are you doing here? I thought you’re coming over to my place tonight.” Himchan winked at me.

            “Who is this boy?” Hwan Hee asked.

            “I’m Kim Him Chan…Hee Jin’s boyfriend.” He extended his arm for a handshake but Hwan Hee refused.

            “Boyfriend? This young?”

            “Yes…jagiya, let’s go…” Himchan pulled my hands. Yes, my saviour is here! I could see the scene of me being scolded by my mom in my head right now.

            “Hee Jin ssi…”

            “I’m sorry…I came here just to pleased my mom…Baby, let’s go.” Himchan put his arms around my waist and walked away together.

            “Hee Jin ssi…”

Outside…

            “Yaa, Kim Him Chan!”I hugged him and gave a kiss on both of his cheeks.

            “Noona…” I saw him blushing.

            “You are my saviour! How did you know I was here?”

           “I heard about your date and I see that you really don’t wanna spend time with that guy…so, I followed you here.”

            “I’m so glad you did that. Pretending to be my boyfriend? Such a good idea…I hope it will make him stay away from me.”

            “Why did you hate that guy so much?”

            “He’s a jerk…he criticise my business, rude to waiters…basically, he have all the quality I hate in men.”

            “So I did a good thing right?”

            “Absolutely! I love you Himchan ah!”

Himchan POV

I was shocked when she kissed my cheek but it’s feels great at the same time. I looked like a prince charming saving a damsel in distress.

          “Himchan ah…since that you saved me tonight, how bout we go for spicy noodle? My treat.”

            “Sounds good to me.”

            “Let’s go…” she grabbed my hands and went to her car.

After a fun dinner together, Hee Jin noona dropped me off at my house.

            “Himchan ah…thank you for saving me again…”

            “No big deal noona…but won’t your mom be furious if she heard about this?”

            “Let me worry about that…I’ll see you at the shop tomorrow. Don’t be late.”

            “Nae noona.”

 

For those who didn't know who the hell is Kim Him Chan...

tumblr_lzcj3nzwce1roshv3o1_500.gif

I find him quite interesting so I had to include him in my story....hehehehe (he will be one of the major obstacle in Hee Jin and Taecyeon relationship later...stay tuned for more chapters to come.)

 

enjoy the update and don't forget to leave a comment