Rivalry…

Love In The Club

Himchan POV

I woke up extra early this morning and prepared some breakfast for Hee Jin noona. I know she’s always go to the shop early with an empty stomach. I decided to make some of her favourite side dishes since she’s always complimenting my cooking skills.

My hands were busy frying some veggies but my head keep thinking about what happened at the club the other day. I saw Taecyeon and Hee Jin noona went up to the VIP lounge together. I wonder what they talked about there.

            “Yo dude…your veggies are burning…” Yongguk’s voice snapped me out.

            “!” I quickly turned off the stove and poured the veggies onto a plate. Luckily, I could rescue some of it.

            “Dude, what’s got into you…what are you thinking about?” Yongguk said opening the fridge taking out a bottle of water.

            “Nothing…” I said packing up the food into little containers.

            “Who’s that for?” he asked pointing his lips at the food containers.

            “Someone…”

            “Let me guess…Hee Jin noona?” he sat on the counter.

            “How do you know?”

            “I’m your closest cousin and I knew you since we’re babies…I could tell without you say anything…” he tapped my shoulder. “So, did you tell her yet?”

            “Tell her about what?”

            “That you liked her…”

            “Nope…I’m still searching for the right time…”

             “For real? You better do it fast before someone else snatched her away…”

Yongguk might be right about that. I had to make my move soon. I can’t even imagine seeing Hee Jin noona fall into another man’s arm. I can’t be more happier when she broke up with that good for nothing bastard Lee Yunho. How could a guy did such things to a girl like Hee Jin noona? Idiot!

End of POV

I arrived at the shop and my stomach was growling asking to be fed. I got a text from Ah In reminding me to have breakfast before doing any work. Sometimes I feel like he’s my second mom.

            “Noona!” a voice greeted me from behind as I was opening the back door. I turned around and saw Taecyeon’s smiling face.

            “Taecyeon ah…what are you doing here this early?” I looked around and he was alone.

            “I got a photo shoot nearby but it won’t start for another hour so I thought maybe you and I could have breakfast together…” he showed me a bag full food in his hands.

            “Sounds good to me…c’mon in…”

            “I’ll take that for you…” Taecyeon said taking away a bag, I was holding in my hands. Such a manner guy…

We were about to walk into the shop when someone called my name.

Taecyeon POV

My thought of a lovely breakfast for two immediately going down the drain when I saw that Himchan guy coming towards us. What the hell is he doing here?

            “Noona…” he said glancing at me.

            “Oh Himchan ah…you’re early…” Hee Jin noona said.

            “I brought breakfast…”

            “Really? Great…”

The three of us went inside the shop together.

            “I’ll get the plates…” Hee Jin noona went to the counter.

            “You’re Ah In’s friend right? Himchan ssi…” I said trying to break the ice.

            “Yeah…nice to meet you…” we shake hands and I feel firm grip coming from him.

End of POV

Author’s POV

Hee Jin came back to the table with a few plates and Taecyeon being a gentleman that he is, he quickly took the plates away from her hands and arranged it on the table.

Himchan was about to do the same when Taecyeon quick hands beat him by a second.

            “So, what do we have here?” Hee Jin looked inside the bags.

            “I brought your favourite stir fried greens…” Himchan took out several small containers from his bags. “Rolled eggs, black pepper tofu, seaweed soup and potato salad…”

            “You made this for me? Aww…that is so sweet of you…” Hee Jin caressed Himchan’s cheek.

            “I know you always skip breakfast so I made this…” Himchan was glowing with flutter when Hee Jin touched him.

            “Looks like what I have here doesn’t come close what Himchan brought…” Taecyeon took out two bowls of rice from his bag with some side dishes.

            “This is good too…I must be lucky to have two guys buying me breakfast today…” Hee Jin clasped her hands happily at the sight of the food on the table. “What are we waiting for? Let’s eat…”

End of POV

            “This is delicious…Himchan ah…your mother taught you good…” I said taking another bite of the black pepper tofu.

            “Thank you noona…” he put some rolled eggs into my bowl. “Try this too…”

            “Nae…”

Taecyeon put some of his stir-fried beef into my bowl.

            “This is good…try it…”

            “Thanks…” I said admiring the food in front of me.

            “Noona…” Himchan put rolled eggs in my bowl.

            “Here noona…” Taecyeon took some steamed broccoli and stuffed it in my bowl too.

Himchan POV

What’s wrong with this dude? Everytime I gave some food to Hee Jin noona, he would do the same as I did. I put some rolled egg, and he put the broccoli…what is his problem anyway?

End of POV

The boys keep stuffing my bowl until there’s a big pile of side dishes on top of the rice. I just keep staring at them.

            “Hold it the two of you! How am I supposed to eat this?” I said putting the bowl on the table. “My mouth is not that big…”

            “Sorry noona…” Taecyeon quickly apologise.

            “Me too noona…” Himchan said.

            “Now…could I eat in peace without having the both you stuffing my bowl to the brim?” The boys just nodded sheepishly and smiled. “Thank you…”

I never had such heavy breakfast like this before. I feel like my stomach gonna burst out any minute now.

            “I’m glad you like the food noona…” Himchan said looking at me.

            “Did I ever tell you that you’re a great cook?”

            “Always…” he’s grinning from ear to ear.

            “I’ll do the dishes…” Taecyeon said gathering the empty bowls in a tray.

            “No…I’ll do it…since you’re a guest here…” Himchan took the tray away from him.

            “It’s ok…it’s the least I could do…”Taecyeon pulled the tray back.

            “Allow me…I’m the employee here…”

            “I wanted to help…”

The two keep on tugging the tray towards each other.

            “I’ll do it then…” I took the tray away from their grip. “Gosh…what’s got into you two today?” I looked at the both of them. “Childish…aishhh!”

Then, Taecyeon’s phone rings.

            “Excuse me…hyung…yeah…I just finish breakfast…now? Ok…I’ll be right there…nae…” he hung up. “Noona…”

            “You have to go?”

            “Yeah…the shoot is about to start…I’m sorry I can’t stay for long…”

            “It’s ok…work comes first for idols like you…” I walked him to the door. “Thanks for the breakfast…”

            “It’s nothing…nice to meet you again Himchan ssi…”

            “Me too…” Himchan replied walking to the back.

            “I’ll see you again noona…”

After Taecyeon left, I went to the kitchen where Himchan is busy washing the dishes. I just stared at him while he’s doing his work.

            “What?” he said looking at me.

            “What’s got into you today?”

            “What do you mean?” he wiped his hands dry and went to the front. I just follow him from behind.

            “Don’t play dumb with me Kim Himchan…I knew you for years now…”

            “Ok, ok…I’m just a little jealous I think…”

            “Jealous? Of what?” I frowned at his words.

            “I’m afraid you will favour that guy over me just because he’s a famous idol…”

            “Aigoo…this kid!” I patted his head. “I never even thinking about that silly…you will always be my number one after Ah In…remember that.”

            “Really noona?”

            “Yup! You’re a great dongsaeng to me Himchan ah…”

Suddenly he hugged me from behind and rested his head on my shoulder.

            “And you are the greatest noona to me…” he kissed my cheek.

            “Yaa…” I was surprised by his sudden action.

            “Well, well…look what do we have here…?” Hyo An stood at the door crossing her arms with a wicked smile. Bora, Doyeon and Daehyun were there too looking at us.

Himchan loosen his embrace and walk to the counter.

            “What are you guys doing there? Get to work…we have a shop to open!” I said turning around heading to the kitchen trying to hide my blushed cheeks.

Himchan POV

I can’t believe I actually kissed Hee Jin noona. I’m sure she was shocked by the way she look. I does feels good when she said I was her number one after Ah In…at least that Taecyeon dude doesn’t come close to my spot. I was dancing like a maniac in my head…