Our First Meeting Part 1

Love In The Club

I woke up in my hotel room feeling dead tired. Taking a late flight to Jeju Island is the last thing I want to do in my life. I told myself never ever to do that again. The sun is up but I don’t feel like leaving my bed.

            “Good morning my little pumpkin!” someone pulled away my blanket making the cold air hit my body. “Time to wake up sleepy head!” it’s a male voice.

            “Oppa…what are you doing in my room?” it was my cousin, the big and cuddly Bear Tae Woo…also known as Kim Tae Woo, the man with the powerful voice from legendary group G.O.D.

            “It’s an important day for me and I need you…come on now, time to wake up! ”

            “Oppa, I got here at 3.00am and it’s only 9.00 o’clock now…let me sleep for a while.” I pulled the blanket up to my head.

            “My wedding is few hours away and this is no time for you to be sleeping.”

            “Your wedding won’t start until 2.00pm…just let me sleep for another hour.” I said curling under the blanket.

            “Fine…if I didn’t see you in the hall at 10.30, I’ll send someone to drag your down there.”

            “Arrasso oppa…jeez…you’re worst than my mom!”

Tae Woo oppa left my room and it’s time to resume my trip to dream land. As I was about to close my eyes…

            “Get up, get up lazy bone…” it’s my mom’s voice. Please let this be dream…

            “Yoo Hee Jin! Wake up!” she pulled away my blanket. I opened my eyes and saw my mom stood at the end of my bed. This is not a dream after all…what is she doing here anyway?

            “Omma…what are you doing here?” I said rubbing my tired eyes.

            “My nephew is getting married so I have to be here…,” she said. Oh…that’s right, I almost forgot…Tae Woo oppa is my mom’s older sister’s son. “Now, get up,shower and get dressed…women can’t get married if they woke up late.” She pulled my hand making me sit on the bed.

            “Where did you hear that crap from? Omma, I got here less than 6 hours ago…you could at least let me sleep for a while.” I lay back trying to ignore her. I need my sleep!

            “You’re not going back to sleep…if you’re not up in 5 minutes I’ll get a bucket of water on you…and I’m not joking about it.” She stared at me. Seems like she mean it this time.

            “Sometimes I feel like I’m still in high school when you’re around…fine, I’ll get up.” I dragged myself to the bathroom. “Happy now?”

            “Meet us for lunch later…”

            “Us?” I thought my mom was alone here.

            “Your dad is here…and Ah In too…just don’t get back to sleep!”

            “Nae omma!”Ah In is here too. That’s great…I miss my little brother.

Thank God I got here today, if it was yesterday my time would be filled with marriage questions and blind dates suggestions from my close relatives leading by my mom. So what’s the problem of being single at the age of 28? I got my own apartment, my somewhat successful career and I love being single…no strings attached.

It’s not like I have commitment phobia or anything it’s just that I haven’t met someone that worth commit to. I date but that’s all about it. I’ve been in relationship before but the last guy I dated is just a jackass. He cheated on me with a married woman. I felt bad for the husband. Anyway, being single suits me more.

I washed my face, brushed my teeth and decided to go to the gym for my regular morning exercise. Since it’s still a little early in the morning, there would be less people in the gym…just the way I like.

I looked around and saw my favourite gym equipment…the punching bag. Most girls went for the treadmill or bicycle but punching bag has always been my way of exercising and releasing my stress combined into one. I even have one in my apartment. My mom thinks it’s not appropriate for a girl to have a punching bag but I don’t care. It’s my house and I can do what I want.

I pulled up my hoodies and started to punch the sand bag. Left, right, up and down…just like a professional boxer. This feels good!

2PM POV

            “I looked y when I’m jumping rope…” Junsu said while skipping in front of a big mirror.

            “y? Hyung, you’ve gotta be kidding me…just because you said that on Happy Together, doesn’t mean we gonna agree with it.” Chansung shook his head.

            “Yeah…Junsu ya…I like your self-hypnotise method.” Nichkhun smiled.

            “Hyung…why do we have to be here at this hour? Can’t we skip morning exercise and sleep instead?” Chansung sprawled on the floor looking exhausted.

            “Yeah…sleep is much more important.” Wooyoung stopped cycling and wiped the sweat on his face.

            “I hate this too but we have to do it…there’s no other way.” Taecyeon help Junho lift up his weight lifting bar. “Let’s take 10…”

They stopped exercising, sat on the floor drinking water.

            “Check that out.” Chansung said pointing his lips.

All of them looked at a girl who’s punching the hell out of the sand bag at a far corner of the gym. Wearing a long sweat pants and black hoodies, she looks like a professional boxer preparing for a match.

            “Is she a pro?” Junho frown his forehead. “With a skill like that, no man can do nasty thing to her.”

            “You got that right…” Wooyoung nodded.

            “Her skills…not bad…” Taecyeon keep staring at the girl. Her looks is not that bad either…

            “Taec…Taec…hello…” Nichkhun waved his hands in front of Taecyeon’s face a few times.

            “Uh? What?” Taecyeon looked around.

            “Yaa, you’ve been staring at the girl don’t you?” Nichkhun looked at Taecyeon and smirked.

            “No, I don’t…” Taecyeon looked the other way.

            “Dude…I knew you for years…you can’t fool me…” Nichkhun tapped his shoulder. “I have eyes…y’know…”

            “I just think that she’s interesting…that’s all…” somehow, I can’t stop looking at her.

End of POV

I was lost in my own little world when I’m with a punching bag. I get to release all my stress with this thing. I stopped and had a drink just to refresh myself. As I was about continue when someone called my name.

            “Hee Jin noona!” I looked over and it was Ah In, my little dongsaeng. Seems like my only partner in crime is here to help cure the boredom for the day.

            “Ah In yaa!” I ran, jumped on him and wrapped my legs around his waist just the way I used to do when I saw him.

            “Noona, you gained some weight…” he said still carrying me.

            “What can I say, the doughnuts at my store tastes good. I’m so glad that you’re here Ah In ya…” I kissed his cheek.

            “Noona…stop kissing me in public…people might think that we’re dating or something…” he put me down.

            “I kiss my own brother, what is wrong with that?”

            “It’s bad enough that my friends think that you’re my girlfriend…”

             “Yaa, what is so bad about that? By the way how do you know I’m here?”

            “I know my sister well enough to know her daily routine…and since you’re done beating the hell out of that punching bag…let’s go get something to eat…I’m hungry…” he said rubbing his stomach.

            “Let’s go…but on one condition…”

            “I know…” he turned his back. “Hop on!”

He piggybacks me all the way to the café on the first floor of the hotel. Ah In was 6 years younger than I was and we’re close because it’s always been the two of us since our parents are busy working ever since we’re kids. I practically raised him up, as my mom wasn’t around that much because of her work.

Taecyeon POV

            I saw that girl jumped on a guy and kissed his cheeks. I think he’s her boyfriend, because no one would do that to a strangers.

            “Well, well…she’s dating a younger guy…” Wooyoung said.

            “I don’t mind dating an older woman like her…” I said without realising someone could hear me.

            “What did you just say Taec?” Junsu asked.

            “Nothing…” I shook my head. Nichkhun came and hugged me from behind.

            “I heard you…” Nichkhun whispered and smiled.

            “Yaa! Go hug someone else…I’m going on that treadmill…” I could feel my ears getting hot. The guy piggybacked her out of the gym. Lucky…

End of POV

It’s almost time for the wedding to start but I’m still in my room agonising what I should wear.

            “Noona, are you ready? Omma has been calling me nonstop…” Ah In came in barging into my room. “Noona, you’re not ready yet?”  he said looking at me who’s still in bath robe.

           “I don’t know what to wear…” there’s heaps of clothes lying on the bed waiting to be picked. “I wish I could just wear my trainers and shirts instead.”

            “And have your head cut off from your body by omma? I really think that you reconsider your decision.” Ah In sat on the bed. “What about this blue mini dress?”

            “Too short…I don’t know why I even bought this in the first place…” I tossed the dress aside. “Ah In ya…you’re a fashion major…please help me.”

            “Ok, ok…just because you’re my favourite sister…”

            “I’m the only sister you have…”

            “Um…let see…since that you’re not fond of wearing any dresses…how ‘bout this navy loose slack…this halter neck blouse and that white cardigan.”

            “Are you sure?” I was a bit sceptical.

            “Trust me noona…just hurry up. I’ll be waiting outside.” He said walking out from my room.

I’ll just have to trust him this time around. After changing, I look at myself in the mirror.

            “Not bad…I should’ve trust him more.” It was comfortable yet suitable for the occasion.

            “Noona…” I heard Ah In calling from outside.

            “I’m coming, I’m coming…” I hurriedly put on my shoes and went out. “How do I look?” I said twirling in front of him.

            “Not bad…I should’ve asked for payment…”

            “I’m so glad my brother is a fashion major…I need to appoint you as my stylist one day…”

            “If only you pay me 5000 bucks a month…”

            “Yaa…did you work for Chanel or something?”

            “I had to make a living…”

We were talking when my mom called telling us to hurry up to the wedding hall.