Jeju Rendezvous

Love In The Club

 

Taecyeon POV

I was walking back and forth at the loading dock waiting for her. Did I make the right decision? I barely knew this girl. What if she turned out to be a real psycho fan? What if she had someone waiting to kidnap me? I was battling with these questions in my mind when she finally arrived riding a motorbike.

            “I’m here…ready to go?”

            “A motorbike?”

            “Yup…what a better way to enjoy Jeju’s fresh air other than riding a motorbike?” she said with a smile. I guess she’s really mean it about riding this thing.

End of POV

I hand him over a helmet but he looked a little hesitant.

            “Why?” I asked as he just stood there looking at me.

            “It’s just that I don’t expect that we would be riding this…I had other vehicle in mind.”  he frowned.

            “Trust me…this is the best way…you can sue me later if you’re not satisfied. So, hop on or just stay there?”

            “Fine…” he grabbed the helmet and hopped on the bike.

As we’re cruising down the road I could feel his hands on my shoulder. He’s a man with manner after all. I thought the image he had on TV was just a pretend to make idols looked like a well mannered guy.

            “Taecyeon ssi…you can put your hands on my waist…”

            “Are you sure? This is the first time that I’m riding a motorbike at the back…it’s usually me in the front.”

            “It felt weird having a pair of hands up there…” I took his left hand and put it on my waist. “I’m not being a ert or anything but this is just how you supposed to be when you’re riding at the back.”

            “If you say so…” he put his other hand on my waist. “Hee Jin ssi…you’re right about this…it’s better exploring Jeju with this.”

            “Told you so…hold tight, I’m speeding up.”

Taecyeon POV

It felt strange riding at the back of a motorbike with a woman in the front on top of that. This person is not your average typical woman…she box, can ride a motorbike…I wonder what else she could do.

We stopped by the roadside and saw a lighthouse near the cliff.

            “That place seems interesting…”

            “Yeah…” I wanted to help taking off her helmet but she gently pushed my hands away.

            “I can do this...thanks anyway.”

After a long flight of stairs, we arrived at the top of the lighthouse.

            “Awesome! This is cool…” she said running around on the observation deck. Cute…

            “How do you know this place?” I asked.

            “I don’t…I just drive around and found it…”

            “You mean…all these time you’re just drive aimlessly?”

            “Yup…but don’t worry, I got a very good sense of direction…I’ll take you back to the hotel safely.”

            “Do you always do this? I mean…do things unplanned…”

            “That’s called being spontaneous…it gives you a sense freedom in life…sometimes, things don’t go as you planned…”

            ‘You know…you’re different from all the women I’ve met before…it’s not like I’ve met many women…like dating or anything…what am I talking about?...you know what I mean right?” what’s wrong with me…I’ve never been like this before…

            “I know…” she smiled. “Again…I’ll take that as compliment.”

End of POV

Seeing the wide open sea really makes me feel good. For once, I feel like I’m on top of the world.

            “Can I ask you something?”

            “Sure…”

            “How do you know Tae Woo hyung?”

            “Tae Woo oppa is a close cousin of mine…from my mother’s side. Why?”

            “Nothing…I’m just curious…”

I went to the far corner of the deck.

          “Yaaaa!!! Yoo Hee Jin! You’re the best! I love you so much! Hee Jin ah…I’m so proud of you!” I screamed on top of my lungs. “Your life will get better after this! Yoo Hee Jin, fighting!”  I looked to my side and saw Taecyeon was staring at me.

            “What are you doing?”

            “I’m sending positive messages to myself…you must think that I’m some kind of weirdo or something…”

            “No, I’m not…”

            “Yes, you are…it’s all over your face.”

            “You’re different…but in a good way…I’m hungry…can we go get something to eat?” he rubbed his stomach.

            “Sure…”

It’s almost dark when we got back at the hotel. I dropped him off at the loading dock since it will be crowded at the entrance.

            “I had fun today Hee Jin ssi…” he gave me the helmet.

            “So you’re not gonna sue me right?”

            “Of course not…” I can’t take my eyes off him everytime he smiled. I’m so gonna be his fan from now on…

            “It’s nice meeting you…Taecyeon ssi…it’s been a pleasure hanging out with an idol…”

            “Me too…I hope we can meet again next time…” he said and gave me a peck on the cheek. “Hee Jin ssi…you’re jjang!”

Did he just kiss my cheek? I’m not dreaming am I? He waved at me and disappeared into the building.

2PM POV

The guys were busy packing up their stuff when Taecyeon walked into the room.

            “Hyung! Where have you been? Jin Young was looking all over for you.” Wooyoung said standing in front of him. Taecyeon just walked past the younger one and slumped on the couch.

            “Yo Taec! Earth to Taecyeon! Hello?” Nichkhun waved his hands couple of time in front of Taecyeon’s face.

            “Huh? What?” he finally responded.

            “Yaa, have you been hypnotised or something?” Junsu sat next to him. “Yaa Ok Taecyeon!” Junsu screamed at his ear.

            “What?! Yaa grandpa! You don’t have to scream at me. I’m not deaf yet! Jeez!” Taecyeon pushed Junsu away.

            “Where have you been all day? I had to make up story in front of Jin Young hyung to cover up your !” here comes Junsu signature saturi.

            “I had some fun on my own since you guys were busy mingling around ignoring me.”

            “Fun? With who?” Nichkhun asked.

            “Someone…”

            “Guys, hurry up and pack your stuff…we got a flight back to Seoul in two hours…” Minjae their manager barged into the room.

Taecyeon went straight to his room with a smile. All the other members looked at each other trying to figure out what happened to him.

End of POV

My mom was already in my room when I got back. The moment of happiness with Taecyeon, I had earlier disappeared into thin air thanks to my mom deadly stares.

            “Omma…what are you doing here?”

            “How could you leave Hwan Hee alone at the reception? He looked all over for you…”

            “Really? Too bad for him…” I tossed my cardigan on the bed and went into the bathroom.

            “That’s all you could say? I found the perfect guy for you but you just leave him.” My mom stood at the bathroom door.

            “I never asked you to do that…I can find a guy on my own.”

            “When on earth will that time come? You’re not getting any younger by the day…all my friends already got their daughters married…except for me.”

            “Omma, we’re not living in the 50’s anymore…I beg you…just stop setting me up with guys…”

            “I wanted grand children before I die…at least a son in law…”

            “Omma, we’ve talked about this…I don’t want to think about marriage right now…I got other priorities in my life…my doughnut shop, my club…I’m only 28…”

            “In 2 years you’ll be 30…”

            “Nothing wrong with that omma, noona will still look the same…” out of nowhere Ah In sneak into the conversation.

            “Where did you come from young man?” my mom stared at him.

            “From the restaurant…appa send me here. He reserved a table for both of you.”

            “I better go see him now…this conversation is not over young lady…” my mom left.

            “Have fun with appa!” I said and laughed.

            “Is this about your marriage again noona?” Ah In asked as I stepped outside the bathroom.

            “What else could it be? So, are you having fun with Miss A girls today?”

            “Absolutely! Joong Ki will so furious when he hears this! By the way, where did you go all evening?”

            “You’re not gonna believe what I’m going to tell you.”