Spare Me a Glance

Her Lucky Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Another award was given to another group, and there was Jimin sitting an aisle away from Dahyun. He's nervous and excited as a BTS member, excited of receiving an award for a year of hard work, excited to share the awards with their fans, but right now, he can't help but be Park Jimin who couldn't think of anything else but Kim Dahyun. He can't help but spare a glance at her and, with great effort, take his eyes away from her. And little did he know, that Dahyun, too, is trying her very best not to turn her head and glance at him.

Jimin was worried about her, why she had a break down and why when she said that she was happy, he saw that she was really happy. He was confused, relieved and worried all at the same time and for the many times, she's driving him crazy. He wanted to stand, walk to her, grab her hand and pull her up the stage and tell everyone that he likes her. He wanted everyone to know that he's finally in love. He wanted to claim her. But he can't, as an idol and as Taehyung's best friend. And he can't because that would be selfish of him. Even if he wanted to be selfish, just once in his lifetime, disregarding Dahyun's feelings and happiness wouldn't make him just as happy as looking at her smile would make him. 

He leaned against the chair and unwittingly stared at her, "I'm stupid. I'm a fool for you. And there you are, Kim Dahyun, not even sparing me a glance."

"Dahyun," Chaeyooung leaned forward to Dahyun who was a little far from her, "I--" Chaeyoung stopped right before she could actually tell Dahyun because she met eyes with Rapmon. Chaeng quickly averted her eyes and faced in front.

Dahyun stared at her suspiciously eyeing her and leaning closer to her, "What's wrong with you? You're so red!"

Jeongyeon, Mina and Tzuyu who was between the two of them, examined Chaeng's face and fidgeting fingers. They were all laughing at this rare Chaeng phenomenon - brazen Chaeng is blushing.

"Shhh!" Chaeng bashfully leaned and covered Dahyun's mouth to make her stop, "Rapmon is looking at me and I just can't stop my heart. It wanted to jump out and go wherever he is right now."

"Yah!" Dahyun stared at her disgustingly, with her face and fingers all scrunched up, "Why are you like that?!"

The girls were all laughing crazily both at Chaeyoung's poetic expression and Dahyun animated and silly reaction. 

"Stay still, he's really staring at me. I think he likes me."

"Yah!" the four girls said in chorus, stealing every idol's attention. 

"Why what happened?" Sana and Nayeon curiously asked. And they all ended up laughing because of embarrassment.

Chaeng gave Dahyun an eye to make her check on Rapmon, and so the older one turned her head. She acted like she's gazing at everyone so that it wouldn't be obvious that Chaeng asked her to check on the younger one's greatest crush. And then, she wished she didn't. 

Dahyun dreamily gazed as soon as she saw Jimin staring at her. She pretended she didn't see him even when she did, even when her heart skipped a beat, even when her heart longed to hold his gaze, and even when she wanted him for herself. "This is bad, I might forget about the award show and everyone."

She faced in front, grabbed the hem of her dress and tried really hard to enjoy Seventeen's performance. And she failed and she won't tell Seungkwan about how she didn't get to see his cool performance as what he always call it. But Park Jimin is wrecking her head and her heart. She wants him. She needs him. She loves him. And then she doesn't know what to do with what she is feeling. She's scared that this bottled feelings of her would explode when all these circumstances would continue to shake her.

"Stop doing this to me." She whispered to herself just as when Celeb 5 was announced as winner.

She had to stand up and turn around and congratulate the winners. She closed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter