Can't Stop

Her Lucky Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Walking out the boy's comfort room, Jimin came across Nayeon who was just about to enter the girl's cr. They bowed to each other before walking away but both stopped on their tracks and turned around, facing each other.

"Oh, you have something to ask?" Nayeon immediately asked, expecting that he'd look back.

Jimin, on the other hand, was surprised. He hesitated before shaking his head, "Nothing..." he turned his back to Nayeon but the oldest member of TWICE waited because she knew he has something to ask. But when he turned to a corner and completely disappeared, Nayeon sighed and walked inside the comfort room.

She washed her hands while sighing, "And here I am, thinking, he'd actually want to ask about Dahyun." she pulled out a small rectangular card from her pocket and stared at it, "I even sneaked this out for you."

Nayeon played with it, spinning its lace around her index finger as she walked out of the room. And when she turned to a corner, she gasped and accidentally threw the card. And then there was a long surprised silence between them. 

"You scared me." Nayeon finally said, gulping because the long silence gave way to an awkward atmosphere.

Jimin bent over and picked up the card that fell by his feet. "H-how's Dahyun...." he shyly asked, handing her the card.

A smirk formed on Nayeon's lips as she thought of how much she likes Jimin for Dahyun. It was a woman's instinct that tells her that something's not right with Taehyung not like with Jimin. She wasn't being prejudiced and it was all about the feeling, the instinct of a woman. And yes, she likes to call herself a woman - even when she's a kid most of the time.

"That's for you. We have a schedule until 9pm." she said, pushing his hand away with the card, that is actually the key to their dorm. Then seeing the confused look on his face, she added, "Why not visit her so you'll know the answer to your question." she said with her bunny smile.

"Eh?" Jimin asked baffled staring at the card key on the palm of his hand, and then back to Nayeon who already walked away.

Finally understanding what she meant, Jimin quickly ran to her and stopped her. "I-I can't. I mean I don't need it." he stuttered looking at his palm.

Nayeon stared at her and placed her arms over her chest, standing on one feet and impatiently tapping her other foot. "Continue."

"Eh?" Jimin raised his eyebrows, not getting what she meant.

Nayeon fixed her stance and placed her hands on her waist, "I thought you like Dahyun, no?"

The pinkish blush on his cheeks gave him away, "I don't..." he said staring at the card key he was holding, "Anyway, this..." he handed it to her again but Nayeon just stared at his hand and placed back her arms over her chest. She just can't believe he's lying even when he's red as an apple right now.

"Just go, Jimin. If you like her, go for it." she said before turning around, thinking at the back of her head of how cool she sounded saying those words. 

"Dahyun likes Taehyung." he blurted out, stopping Nayeon on her tracks. Her patience bar almost reaching its limit. She's thinking that the boy before her is a hopeless case but then, she curled her lips, feeling determined. "Be nice, Nayeonie." she exhaled.

Nayeon turned around, "And that's stopping you? Jimin, don't do something you'll regret over time. Drop the 'good friend' act and don't be a coward."

She left before Jimin could say something. But, in reality, he can't find any words to rebutt that because he felt a pang of pain. He knew it but it sure hurt hearing it from someone else. Nayeon's words got him thinking, He knows he'll regret it in time but is he really being a coward? He isn't acting as a good friend. He was just thinking about his friendship with Taehyung and with Dahyun. Then Jimin doesn't know what to do anymore. 

Yes, he wants to see her.

Yes, he's worried about her.

Yes, he liked it when she fall on his arms and not on anyone else's.

Yes, he likes her but that's just it.

He likes her and he can't do anything about it but stop his feelings for her before it gets stronger.

"I don't like her!" Jimin screamed, his voice echoed along the empty hallway with only Nayeon hearing his words that he doesn't mean.

But if he could stop his feelings for Dahyun, he'd definitely do it. No, he'd do anything to stop his feelings for Dahyun.

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter