Somewhere in Between

Her Lucky Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun slowly opened her eyes and reached for her phone that she had snoozed for three times now. She groaned as she pulled her legs up under the blanket and pulled her arms close to her chest, feeling the warmth and softness of her blanket - there's no better feeling than being cuddled in your blanket at five in the morning. She knew she had to get up but she was feeling sluggish and her whole body was in pain. And the warm and cuddly feeling is comforting her tired soul and body as well as the aches of her body.

Twice had been practicing nonstop for their comeback for today. Yesterday, they had their successful comeback showcase and even after the show, they directly went to their JYP building to practice their choreography. Their schedules were full even with their other schedules for variety shows and commercial shoots.

Dahyun repeatedly told herself to get up inside her mind with her eyes closed and without moving from her position - her body had no plans on following her mind today.

"Unnie, wake up now." Tzuyu was already prepped up and ready to go.

Dahyun opened her eyes and made a sobbing sound. "My body won't listen." she said as she pulled down her blanket, tiredly. She childishly raised her hands, asking Tzuyu to pull her up.

Groaniing, Tzuyu helped her sit up, "Are you still sick?" the maknae asked worriedly, touching Dahyun's forehead while comparing it to hers.

"Not sure," she replied with a pout, acting like a baby in front of the maknae. Tzuyu noticed that Dahyun was still hot and had probably overworked herself yesterday. Even when Dahyun had sweat a pail yesterday, her fever hadn't gone down.

"You better get up now, eat breakfast and drink your medicine," Tzuyu pulled her to stand and lightly pushed her out of the room with her, "Let's go."

Everyone was almost done with prepping up, except for Dahyun. The members intentionally let her stay and sleep a little longer because they all know she was not feeling well since yesterday. Tzuyu informed everyone that Dahyun hasn't recovered yet, but even if they wanted her to take a risk, it was Dahyun who insisted that she'd perform with them and not ruin their comeback.

"Wow. Hot choco." Dahyun excitedly said as she jogged towards the cup of hot choco. She was trying to sound upbeat so that the member's won't be worried about her. She her lips and smiled widely.

Chaeyoung jumped around and shouted, "I told you, hot choco is her medicine!!" she argued, laughing.

The girls laughed at Chaeyoung's sudden burst out, until their managers came and told them to move and stop lazing around.

TWICE arrived at Mnet building and they directly went to their waiting room. Everyone was still in casual clothes but their faces and hair were already made up. And even with that, everyone could see how Dahyun was feeling. Her eyes were drooping, lips pale and her face red - she was still burning in fever. Despite that, no one could really tell her to sleep and just rest for today because of how she sounded upbeat and excited about the comeback but they didn't take their off of her, just in case.

After a few minutes, all groups were called for rehearsals. One by one, boy groups and girl groups went out of their waiting room and prepare for the rehearsal. TWICE too, started to walk out of their rooms, casually greeting their friends that passed by the room and walk with them. Jihyo stayed with Dahyun and kept Dahyun's arms wrapped around hers. And as soon as they exited the room, Taehyung and Jungkook were standing outside the room. Jihyo smiled awkwardly and greeted them, on the side, Dahyun - surprised - smiled shyly and bowed her heads to them. The two girls awkwardly continued to walk after the two boys bowed their heads in return.

Ever since he went to her that day, texting and calling each other has been a norm to both of them. Even after all the things she heard from the members, she decided to believe Taehyung's words - she decided that no matter what happens it's going to be her decision and result is going to be on her. She believed that she won't know the answers to all the questions

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter