Making it Hard

Her Lucky Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dahyun, Jihyo and Mina were hungry so they went back to their waiting room after grabbing some food from the cafeteria. They ate their kimbap while talking; they kept their voices low as they were talking about TWICE members' secret crushes. But the talking was mostly done by Mina while the two listened and giggled at Mina's whispered rants about how much she wanted to talk with and sit beside Seungcheol. Mina had shared with the other girls about her relationship with the Seventeen's leader and to her - and Dahyun's - surprise everyone knew about it but kept quiet and waited until she told them about it. And then again, TWICE proved her how lucky she is to be in the same group as the eight girls.

"He didn't even made eye contact with me nor met me in the hallway. He didn't smile before and after my performance." Mina added with a pout.

"He was watching you the whole time though," Dahyun commented, raising her eyebrow, assuring Mina that she really saw him.

"Not just watching," Jihyo added with a teasing tone in her voice, "but watching with glimmering eyes and a proud smile." Mina blushed and laughed at Jihyo's description. "I can almost imagine it, with those big and round eyes of his." Mina exclaimed excitedly, remembering her boyfriend's eyes and long eyelashes.

Dahyun immediately stood up and placed her hand on Jihyo's shoulder, "Oh my god! Stop her!"

Mina pouted at the younger's joke but Jihyo and Dahyun laughed at Mina's cute reaction. "Since you're standing why don't you get some kimbap." Jeongyeon stated as she entered their waiting room, "What are you guys laughing about?" Momo added, entering after Jeongyeon.

"Maknae, hurry up and get some kimbap." Jeongyeon repeated, mimicking Dahyun's pouting lips. "This unnie, really." Dahyun commented while walking out of the room. The other girls laughed at Dahyun's reaction, they always knew she'd do what they ask of her while grumbling about it.

 

Dahyun was walking back from the cafeteria holding in her arms a bunch of bread and kimbap for them five girls. While walking along the hallway, an idea popped in her head and she squatted down, placing all the food on her lap. She grabbed a kimbap and peeled it, taking the seaweed and sticking it to her front teeth. She was so sure this would crack the unnies who were waiting for her. She placed back the cover before putting back the food on her arms. She stood up and raised her head, meeting eyes with Jimin who accidentally saw her while passing by. "You okay?" He was worried about her and thought that she was crying or something. He bursted out laughing when he saw what she's up to. 

"Hi!" startled, Dahyun greeted, smiling, forgetting about the seaweed she placed on her front teeth. It took her a few seconds before she realized why he was hitting the wall while laughing. She quickly covered her teeth with her tongue. Her cheeks were also covered with red-pinkish blush and she can't believe she embarrassed herself - again, for the nth time - in front of Jimin. "Bye." she quickly said while quickly walking away.

Jimin stopped himself from laughing and ran after her, making sure he was walking side by side with her. "Sorry. Didn't mean to laugh like that." he said, suppressing his laughter while watching Dahyun pout. Dahyun quickened her pace but Jimin caught up to her. What can her short legs do against this giant's long legs? Jimin took the food she was carrying to his arms. "Let me." 

Dahyun stopped and looked at him. Jimin blushed while watching her blushing face, Can she get any cuter than this? "J-just to prove you I really didn't mean it. You just looked so cute." Jimin said, making Dahyun's cheeks redder than they were. Jimin realized what he just said, and then he was internally screaming and cursing himself, "I mean you look better with seaweed braces." he quickly added.

"I-I see." Dahyun blankly said, disappointed though she doesn't know why, " I mean!" she quickly raised her head, "I mean, you are so mean!" she added and tried to steal the food from Jimin's arms, but he quickly avoided her and stuck a tongue at her after. He started walking and Dahyun had no choice but to walk after him. Jimin slowed down his pace to match Dahyun's steps so that they're walking side by side.

"This is the safest hallway here, no one would spread scandals." Jimin reassured her, seeing her play with her fingers. Dahyun stared at him and then, nodded. "Dating scandals are scary, especially for us rookies." she commented.

"I know what you mean. But don't worry this oppa won't get you in troubles." Jimin proudly said, reasoning internally that he said that to her just as a friend. He was feeling satisfied watching her as much as he can in the safest hallway they are walking along. But then, he saw her stopped and when he followed her line of sight, he saw what she was staring at. It was Taehyung with Irene. Dahyun felt it was a familiar scene, two beautiful people laughing and smiling. The scene looked so beautiful that she felt her heart beat faster then nothing more. Jimin grabbed Dahyun's hand and pulled her with him before stopping right in front of V and Irene.

"Hello, Irene noona." he greeted, smiling at V and Irene. But the two idols' eyes shifted from Jimin to his hand grabbing unto Dahyun's and then to Dahyun's blushing face. "Hello, Taehyung sunbaenim and Irene sunbaenim." she greeted with a passing look at Taehyung and then to Irene. She can't bear to look at him.

"Oh, then, I'll pretend I didn't see anything." Irene teased, smiling and scrunching her nose at Dahyun. Dahyun smiled back as she shyly tried to take her hand away from Jimin's grasp but he doesn't plan on letting her hand go. "Then, well have to go first." Jimin bowed his head, then pulling Dahyun with him. Dahyun looked at him as he forcefully made her walk with him, she turned her head around and bowed to her sunbaenims.

"This isn't a safe hallway anymore." Dahyun said as they turned to a left where they can barely hear voices. Dahyun's voice brought Jimin back to reality and calmed him down as he was fuming with disappointment and irritation for Taehyung. He faced her and saw her confused look. "H-hand..." Dahyun shyly said. 

"Hand?" Jimin asked, before realizing she was talking about his hand h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter