Rollercoaster

Her Lucky Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The moment right there looked as if everything came out of manga, beating hearts and flushing cheeks, their lips were touching for only a mere seconds but to them, it felt like forever. Both, Jimin and Dahyun slowly opened their eyes and stared into each other's eyes, as they slowly pull away from each other. Jimin's lips formed into a sweet smile while Dahyun, not knowing what to do, stared at him who was trapped between her arms. Jimin extended his arms and wrapped them around her waist, pulling her closer to him and catching her off guard. Dahyun, in defense and in surprise, tried to kneel upstraight but with Jimin's force, she was pulled closer to him which caused her to lose balance. Stumbling, she leaned her hands on his shoulders and gazed down at him who was looking up with eyes fixed on hers. 

"W-what are you doing?" she asked hastily.

Instead of answering, Jimin locked his fingers together, hugging it around her small waist, and then, smiled at her. Dahyun widened her eyes as a warning but Jimin pulled her even closer instead.

"What do you think---"

"Trying to tell you my sincere and genuine feelings." Jimin uttered with a serious and sincere look on his face, making Dahyun speechless. He continued, "I told you right? That I have to go, so why did you have to stop me like that, looking cute and all, and then ask me for a cup of hot choco?"

"I-I...I..." Dahyun tried to find words to explain her actions but even she, doesn't know what to say. She didn't even know why she did that, it's just that her hands felt the urge and it was too late before she realized what she did. It was just like how she closed her eyes when they kissed. And again, her cheeks blushed remembering his soft lips, she shook her head trying to convince herself that it wasn't her who said that his lips were soft. 

Dahyun gazed down and unconsciously, plopped down on Jimin's thigh, as she tried to ask herself all the 'whys' in the world. She was confused and lost as she saw Taehyung's face in her mind -then there was a strange feeling that came after.

Jimin, being caught off guard at her sudden reaction, removed his hands from her waist. Worried and at the same time panicking, he raised his hands to the sides. Being a boy, Jimin placed his hands back to Dahyun's waist, trying to move her out from where she was sitting.

"D-Dahyun, you know this isn't a safe place to sit at right now." he blurted out as Dahyun raised her head with a confused look on her face. Jimin found her innocence charming as he chuckled and guided her to move off of his thigh.

"Why?" she asked, confused as she plopped down the floor next to him. Then her gaze went to where she was sitting a second ago, she let out an awkward and embarrassed chuckle, "I mean, it's not that I want to stay seated on your lap it's just that I...."

For the first time in his life, he lost confidence in himself. For the first time in his life, he didn't trust himself. Because for the first time in his life, he acted before thinking. But for the first time in his life, he felt a happiness that he never felt before. And for the first time in his life, the beating of his heart was pure bliss. He leaned closer to her and it wasn't a calculated move but rather an urge - a desire to keep her close to him.

Dahyun remained motionless, surprised at everything he does. "w-wait."

"I know." Jimin answered but he kept leaning in closer anyway. Moving his face closer to hers, and seeing her flushed cheeks and surprised eyes, he smiled before burying his face in her neck -barely stopping himself from sealing her lips with a kiss. "Do you mind giving me a hug?"

The astonished girl, slowly held her hands around the guy who has been wanting to feel her warmth. "Is this okay?"

"Uhm."he shortly replied, closing his eyes as he shifted his head and buried it more comfortably.

Unwittingly, a small smile formed on Dahyun's lips. It may be a smile of affection towards a friend who seemed lonely, or a smile that doesn't have any meaning but it just crept out. Dahyun, too, doesn't know what she's feeling but she decided to not stop whatever she's feeling, whatever her heart wants, and whatever her guts tell her.

Giving way to this moment was the ever supportive-to-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter