Staring is Banned

Her Lucky Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Groups were introduced one by one as they enter the field. Screams were heard everywhere, as each fandom shout the names of their groups, wanting to be noticed and be waved at. Once, too, started spazzing as the group's leader,Jihyo, with Nayeon and Sana was, seen walking out to the field, followed by the other members. The girls were beyond excited and happy to see Once, again.

Dahyun too, felt ecstactic but she can't help but feel uneasy and embarrassed. Given that TWICE is standing next to BTS, and Dahyun tried not to look at BTS' way as much as she can. V is just an arm away from her. If she tried to look through her peripheral view, she can already see the beautiful back view of V, but she dared not to. What can she do, when hundreds of articles were written about her crush list - assumed by fans. One picture of her staring at V's direction, and that's the end of her and all of the assumptions made by the fans. "TWICE Dahyun's crush is BTS V", she can almost see the article title right in front of her. She shook her head a little to erase the thoughts, and tried to concentrate on not to steal a look of Taehyung's back view. She imagined that if she's just a normal and ordinary girl, admiring and crushing on Taehyung, who's also just a popular boy in college, then she'd have all the time to stare at him and the courage to smile at him. But they aren't, all eyes are on them, and that thought made her a little unhappy. 

Dahyun watched all Once and the other fans, cheering on them, shouting and screaming for them. She saw how happy Once are and she felt a little guilty. What was I thinking? This is my dream...  performing in front of people, sharing my talents... she stared at Once's direction smiling widely, Seeing Once happy, making them smile. 

"Are you okay?" Tzuyu asked, squeezing Dahyun's cheeks. 

Dahyun smiled, "I am." 

Performing with these eight wonderful girls and achieving our dreams together... that's what I love. She told herself, remembering all her motivation and inspirations. She decided not get distracted by her feelings and emotions,but deep down she wished she's just a normal girl, she wished that they were all ordinary people that doesn't have to live by people's expectation. She hugged Tzuyu and made the maknae confused and flustered, but she hugged back and squeezed a little more tighter than Dahyun. "I can't breathe, giant maknae." Dahyun teased.

 

Jimin, on the otherhand, had all the courage to steal a glance at Dahyun. He wached her eyes that seemed to have a far-away look in them. He wonders what she was thinking, and then, grateful that Tzuyu had noticed it, too. 

Once again, forgetting that he's an idol, and that Dahyun is also an idol, and that fans are watching them. His eyes always seem to find a way to look at her. He pretended to scan the crowd, pretended to look around, pretended to turn to look at Rapmon who was behind him, anything that could catch even for just a 0.1 second glimpse of Dahyun. And, he still thinks that Dahyun is just a friend, nothing more. He kept proving and defending to himself that he likes Dahyun as a friend and nothing more, whenever a slight thought of malice creeps into his mind, that he sees Dahyun as a girl. Just a friend. 

Dahyun, Yerin, Sandeul and DK were called by the staff. They are going to lead the idols with the stretching song. They stood on the mini stage, infront of the idols, and the four of them were facing infront of the fans. 

Boyish smiles crept into Jimin's and V's faces, and they both don't know they're smiling too widely. 

Dahyun, regardless of her shy personality, was able to dance in front of the crowd, with her usual smile plastered on her face. The stretching dance started, the four idols on stage led everyone. V pretended he was watching Dk, but his conscious mind was watching Dahyun, while Jimin kept looking down, and from time to time glued his eyes on Dahyun. 

Dahyun made a little mistake with the choreo, and the two boys found it cute. And, then they were both sure, they're having a little crush on Dahyun. 

But, she's still a friend. Jimin thought as he smiled and turn around to hug Rapmon. He's feeling bashful and he cannot contain his smile with the feelings he just confessed. 

And, she has to know about it. Taehyung excitedly thought. He can't just let Dahyun think they are 'just friends'. He wanted to be something more to her, and with her. He can feel the strong emotions slowly lurking around his heart, and he knows that soon it won't just be a simple crush anymore.

 

It was break time. TWICE was told by grumpy manager to stay inside their waiting room, while Mina was having her rehearsal. Dahyun sneaked out with Jungyeon, and they went to the cafeteria to get something to eat. She was sitting on one of the seats while browsing her phone. Her eyes widened upon seeing a message from Taehyung. She was debating whether she'd read it or just pretend she didn't see it. She sat up straight, putting her arms on the table, as support. She's losing her cool and she wanted to check it so badly, although she had ignored it for a good 3 seconds. Then she closed her eyes upon opening the message. She opened one of her eyes to read the message, Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter