He Likes Her

Her Lucky Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dahyun turns around and proves herself right, "Taehyung oppa," she says under her breath, still surprised of seeing V in front of her. The young man is wearing a black bucket hat covering his eyes from everyone in the store, except Dahyun, and a black mask covering half of his face. His black jacket over a grey and white striped shirt fits him perfectly. Although, she can't fully see his face, she's astounded and her heart can't stop fangirling over the perfect being before her.

She clears and shakes her head to wash away the thoughts of a fangirl she is, but Taehyung admires the pink blush on her cheeks - the proof of his effect on Dahyun-, "adorable," he says, grabbing Dahyun's wrist and pulling her to the counter. Without saying a word, he hands the money and grabs the ice cream bars for Dahyun and then walks out the store, pulling Dahyun with him.

While walking, Dahyun can't help but anxiously watch her surroundings, she's scared that someone might see them, especially now that he's holding onto her wrist and a lot of stories can be made from just seeing one picture of them right now. She strongly pulls her arms away from his grasp, "What are you doing?"

Taehyung stares at her, without saying a word, he tries to grab her hand but she pulls it away before he can. They are in a staring game until Taehyung sighs, "We need to talk."

"About what?" Dahyun answers as soon as she heard his words.

"About us. About why you are ignoring my texts and calls." Taehyung firmly says.

Dahyun shakes her head in confusion, "Us? Why?" she asks, "There's nothing to talk about us. Why can't I ignore your calls and texts? Am I not allowed to ignore calls and texts from my friends?"

Taehyung felt her words with a pang in his chest. He grabs her hands without saying a word, "We need to talk." he repeats, pulling her with him as she struggles to escape away from his stong grasp.

He brought her in an isolated park near TWICE's dorm, Taehyung motions Dahyun to sit on a bench. "Sit down." he says, pulling down the mask covering half of his face. Dahyun immediately stands out and places her hands in front of Taehyung's face, "Oppa." she says with a trembling voice, her eyes looking around all over the place.

Taehyung lets out a soft laugh, finding Dahyun's reaction cute that he's anger went down and he 's now thinking of teasing her more. He holds Dahyun's hands, intertwining his fingers into hers as if it is the most normal thing they do. Dahyun's eyes grows two times wider than when he pulled his mask down. Startled and liking it a little, she removes her hands from his hands a seconds later than she should have.

Taehyung's lips form into a boyish smile that every fangirl won't be able to resist. Dahyun gives him a glare as she sits down and puts her hands inside the pocket of her sweater. V follows after her, sitting right beside her, their elbows and shoulders touching. Dahyun glances around and moves a little away from Taehyung while giving him a warning glare.

"Fine." he says, smiling widely, letting her have the space she wanted to have, he glances at her hands squirming inside her sweater's pocket, "Are you cold?"

After a moment of silence, Dahyun clears , "So, what do we need to talk about?" she asks, not sparing Taehyung a glance.

Taehyung hesitates and starts playing with his phone, "Before that, I can sit two benches away from you and we can just talk through the phone. But promise me, you'll answer my call. If you're really bothered and scared of me, I can stay away from you." he says, giving Dahyun a glance.

Dahyun, feeling a little guilty, immediately, puts her hand in front of Taehyung and shakes it, "No! It's not that i'm scared of you or anything... we're idols and--"

"Then you can stay away from me, if you want." Taehyung cuts in.

"No, I don't want to stay away from you." and with the last word that came out , she realizes what she just said, especially, after seeing the wide grin on Taehyung's face. 

"Okay, if you say so." Taehyung confidently says, moving closer to Dahyun who's already at the end of the bench. Dahyun can literally feel him beside her. "Oppa." she calls out, a little irritation visible in the tone of his voice.

"Why?" he asks, acting innocent in front of Dahyun, blinking his eyes twice.

Dahyun lets out a sigh and let him be. It isn't also like she doesn't want to sit with him like this. She's cold and him sitting beside her like this, feels warm.

"I'm not dating Irene noona, we're just friends." Taehyung explains nodding his head to Dahyun, "so, you shouldn't misunderstand our friendship and," he stops, looking at Dahyun with a smile, "you really don't have to feel jealous, though I really like those facial expressions of yours when you see us together." he continues looking at the blushing and glaring Dahyun beside him.

"Okay, i'm done explaining. Your turn." he states, placing his arms in front of him, giving Dahyun an impatient look. Dahyun listened to his explanation and understands what he wants to tell her. After a few seconds, she jerks her head to the side and shrugs, looking away, "Why are you explaining? and why do I have to explain?"

Taehyung smiles, turning his upper body to Dahyun, placing his arms on the bench rest, and points at Dahyun, "That," he says nodding, "Don't tell me... is that  you being jealous? You keep saying harsh words and I already said i'm not dating her." he says with a whiny voice, then touches the tip of her nose with his point finger.

"Wah!" she sighs with disbelief, "Who's jealous, V sunbaenim?" she retorts, chortling a little then forces a serious face.

"Wow! Kim Dahyun, aren't you a little too much?" Taehyung says, shaking his head slowly. "You're really too much." he states, watching Dahyun's laughing face which instantly puts him in a trance. 

"What jealous?" she copies his whiny voice, shrugging her shoulders, she says, "We are just friends--" 

"Friends!" he exclaims, cutting Dahyun's words. Then his sudden silence after that, makes her look his way. And there, she sees a serious look on Taehyung's face, making her feel uncomfortable and guilty, though she doesn't know why. "Did I say something wrong?" she cautiously asks.

"Are we really just friends? Do you really just want us to be friends?" he asks, holding Dahyun's gaze.

Dahyun, who forgot to breathe, turns her head away. Taehyung grabs her chin and gently makes her look his way, their eyes finding each other again, "Kim Dahyun, answer me."

Dahyun, who can't get any redder than she is now, is out of words. It's as if the words she knows hid somewhere she won't find them. "I... achoo!" she sneezes right at the moment, ruining the tension and embarrassing herself yet escaping Taehyung's question. "I'm sorry," she immediately apologizes, watching Taehyung's face, his eyes closed and lips pursed tightly together, "So, embarrassing, oppa, I turned my head from you before sneezing completely. Don't a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter