Messing about

Connections to Relations

 

--------------------

Ha neul’s POV

--------------------

Jonghyun-sshi and Onew-sshi are still not back from their schedule and the other three are just messing about. It really isn’t anything like on camera. They’re really funny together.

“Ha neul-sshi, have you eaten anything?” Minho looked at me concerned until Taemin threw a pillow at him laughing; I laughed along with him.

“Of course she’s eaten, where the hell did you think the food she gave us came from?”

“Yah!” Though his voice was intimidating, he was smiling. I was sitting on the floor on my knees, I didn’t know exactly what the situation was until I heard Key call my name.

“Ha neul-ah. Tell guys to stop with the formalities, you’re younger than all of them” Taemin looked at me and then grinned.

“You’re even younger than me?” I nodded, he punched the air and whispered ‘Yes’. I chuckled and so did Minho.

“How old are you?”

“I’m sixteen… I’m turning seventeen on June 24th” Kibum nodded, feigning knowledge, but he had to do that.

“Whoa~ Call me oppa!” I felt my cheeks go warm, how could I call the person I like in the group ‘Oppa’ easily? I only dream about it… but then meeting and staying in SHINee’s dorm isn’t exactly easy to believe.

“O-oppa…”

--------------------

No one’s POV

--------------------

Key felt something tug at his chest as he heard Ha neul hesitate to say Oppa when she said it easily to him. He was looking at Minho who was now playing and defeating nearly every online player on Tekken yet he focused on the conversation between the two teenagers. Minho threw his hands in the air as he won another game until a very familiar name popped up the screen ‘GaemKyu’ The addicted youth smirked and began to challenge his hyung from Super Junior, only to lose. Kibum chuckled slightly at the sight of Minho being taught a virtual lesson. But it felt like he was leaning into more of the conversation his dongsaeng had.

 

He had to be responsible for himself, for Ha neul and for Taemin.

 

“Ha neul-ah! How come’s you know how to speak Korean well when you’ve been living in London for a while?” Ha neul enjoyed answering the question, especially when her mother was around.

“My mum would tell me to speak Korean with her at home otherwise I’d get told off… so yeah.” She laughed remembering the time she kept changing her words and mixing English and Hangul together.

“Was she okay with you staying with us?” Concerned about Ha neul being a female, Taemin asked her, but he didn’t seem to worry when Ha neul showed him a soft smile.

“Hey now, if you guys do anything to me I’ll call the police and then you’re entire idol image is down the drain” Ha neul joked making the three boys laugh, though Minho wasn’t paying attention until he remembered something.

“Ha neul-ah”

“Neh Minho-o…oppa?” Minho chuckled hearing Ha neul stuttering, Key rolled his eyes formidably yet he caught himself and wondered why he did that.

“How did you and Kibum hyung meet?” Kibum quickly looked at Ha neul who looked back urgently and flustered.

“We…uh…-”

“When Ha neul came to Korea for a few years she visited Daegu in the place where I was and ran into each other.” Kibum and Ha neul stared at each other for a moment, somehow, telepathically, he signalled her to continue and say anything believable.

“Kibummie oppa had a part time job in one of the shops and I was looking for a something, oppa helped me and because I didn’t have any friends back then seeing I was new we became friends.” Minho, who left the game between he and Kyuhyun partly because he couldn’t beat the man and partly because he was interested sat leaning against Taemin who was nodding and smiling.

“Sounds like a drama” Taemin smiled as he avoided Kibum’s deathly gaze.

“Aniyo, it isn’t like that…”

“How did you two get in touch again?”

“Just a while ago I came back to Korea for a… v-vacation in Seoul, then there was this poster of the stupid Daegu oppa on nearly all of the music shops, in malls and on billboards with a have shaved head and four other good looking people… one in particular who looked like a girl” Ha neul laughed pretending she did go to Korea for that. But honestly, she really did think Taemin would pull it off as a girl.

Taemin on the other hand pouted and sighed.

“That’s why I said I didn’t want to get extensions! DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR ME TO SAY ‘I’m a girl’ WHEN I SEE THEM!?” he threw his hands in the air, Ha neul thought she saw something… something she knew she’d see sooner or later, but she let it slide.

“Aniyo, don’t think like that. You were pretty! Now you’re handsome with an orangey blondish afro… as opposed to what he had” Ha neul said muttering the last bit and pointing to the person on the couch. Minho looked at Kibum who flipped his hair to the side imitating the dinosaur and puppy hybrid of the group.

“I, Kim ‘Key’ Kibum, looked amazing despite me having a have shaved head, half blonde hairstyle… YAH! I hated that hair don’t make me go all fashionista on you, I know you’re the daughter of a fashion dude but I WILL KILL YOU!”

“…Hyung, You make no sense!” Minho said walking passed the dazed person and the two people sitting on the floor to return to his games. Kibum sat back down resting his hands on his head and sighed. He heard the two people on the floor chuckle and then someone shuffle around. A hand landed on his shoulder and the settee he was sitting on lower itself; assuming someone had sat next to him he ignored the person and cradled his head which made him slowly drift into day dream. The soft hand patted his head gently and continuously calming Kibum down; he started to relax, his breathe slowed and his eyes were closed as if he was about to fall asleep. Then he felt someone breathe near his ear.

“Oppa,” Ha neul whispered, “I’m going to the room okay? I’ll make something for the other members later so go sleep, you look exhausted…” Her voice was calming and hypnotising. All the person could do was look up, look at the girl next to him, nod and rest his head on his hands again.

Ha neul smiled and stood up catching Minho’s and Taemin’s attention.

“Oppas, I’m heading to the room you lent me,” She paused and bowed for a good twenty seconds, “Thank you for letting me stay here. To repay you for the time I’m spending here I’ll clean up around the house and cook and stuff so you can have more rest. You need it.” Kibum glanced up and admired the girl in front of them. Taemin smiled, his curiosity building up more and more and more and Minho… he smiled, bowed and returned back to his game where he was murdering more terrorist in Black Ops [A/N: It’s a war game which has got nearly every guy in my county… or possibly London, addicted].

“Ha neul-ah… Jinki hyung is a bit… how you say” Minho couldn’t find the words to describe the complex leader.

“He’s a mix. He’ll be harsh on you for now, but he’ll be fine later. And Jonghyun hyung will be alright. Just make them something delicious then they’ll soften up to you” Ha neul listen to Taemin speaking and smiled.

“Thank you.”

“Welcome~!” The three said harmoniously. Ha neul went to her room laughing and locked the door.

She couldn’t believe she was in SHINee’s dorm… If anyone found out she’d be DEAD.

What she also couldn’t believe was someone as optimistic as Taemin would do stuff like what Kibum said.

 

She had to find out for herself.