Controlling... who?

Connections to Relations

 

------------------

Key’s POV

------------------

…Honestly I thought we were meant to be best of friends and all I can hear her do is breathe whilst we listen to some music. What a princess… We’re on our way to a restaurant which has three cuisines, I’m guessing she’s probably missing some British food or something but she has to get used to Korean food now.  I guess we can talk when we reach the restaurant.

After a while she still hasn’t spoken. I looked at her; no wonder, cocky girl was asleep. I reached the stoplight and changed the CD’s for something softer, like ballads and instrumental. I couldn’t help but look at my new best friend. The worst thing was… she was living with us… and she was attractive. That’s bad.

-Honk­-

I look at the traffic light and it’s looked like it’d been green for a while, I raised my hand to the rear view mirror to apologise and drove on to one of my favourite restaurants. We were almost there when I heard my phone rang, I slipped my earphone on and pressed ‘Answer’.

“Hello Hyung?” It was Minho, something was weird, was he hungry?

“Neh, what’s up?”

“Have you picked up your… friend yet?”

“Yeah, we’re just going for some lunch, what’s wrong?”

“Me and Taeminnie are back from schedule, Jonghyun-hyung and Onew-hyung will be back before you come, just wanted to let you know…” Silence hung between us. I sighed.

“Minho-ah, I know when you want something, what do you want?”

“Uhm… Can we get something to eat?” I laughed knowing he would be embarrassed or something but still, I know my instincts couldn’t fail me.

“Yeah sure, we’ll bring you guys some stuff after, for now there’s some fruit in the fridge and I think two pot noodles, have that for now, but after we’ll need to do some cleaning... unless you want to do that after you eat?” Minho chuckled and I could feel myself smile hearing him being content.

“Yeah sure, we’ll go get some food too but we’ll only buy a few things plus, what are we going to say to hyungs when they get here?”

“Write a note and leave it on the table before you leave just in case they come before you return and they start worrying and tell them I’ll cook when we come back. Just make sure they have a shower, change into their sweats and clear Taeminnie’s room so Ha neul can stay there, araso?”

“Neh umma~”

“Yah!,” he chuckled again, gosh, the guys are getting used to calling me ‘umma’, “Just shush, eat and go get shopping before I take your PS3 AND Xbox away and give it to your hyu-”

“ARASO! MIANHAE HYUNG, I’m out!” Haha, it always works like that. I took my earphone off and let it hang around my neck, then I heard someone giggled. I looked at Ha neul who was laughing as she was stretching.

“What? You awake now princess?”

“Yeah... I think… You’re real aren’t you?”

“…I think I am…?” I looked at her again acting uncertain, for a moment she looked at me and blinked and the next she smiled and started to giggle again.

“You’re like an umma, Kibum-sshi” Rolling my eyes I parked in front of the restaurant and began putting some of my disguise on.

“Yeah, yeah. Just to remind you, we have to SPEAK to each other when we eat so I know some stuff about you for being my so-called best friend.” She nodded.

“Neh ummah”

“Good now hurry up and get out of my car.” Like me, she rolled her eyes and she opened the car door, stepped out and shut it lightly, I did the same and I locked the door.

------------------

No one’s POV

------------------

They entered the restaurant and they felt the aroma of mixed cuisines and a fresh smell waft in and kissed their noses. The interior was amazing and elegant; Brown flooring, orange walls with red and burgundy italic writing on the walls in different languages, Ha neul immediately recognise around four languages; English, Hangul, Japanese and Indian. Smiling to herself as she admired her surroundings, Kibum watched her and smiled with her. The young waitress approached the two holding a round, black serving tray and bowed to the two customers.

“Annyeonghasseyo, table for two?” She said smiling. Kibum nodded and the waitress indicated her to follow her to a table before Kibum stopped her.

“I’m sorry but can we have somewhere a little bit… private?” Kibum said glancing at Haneul. He wanted to take off the disguise which was irritating him Ha neul smiled when he looked at her.

“Yes sir.” They headed off to another table before they sat down and was giving three menus; main course, dessert and drinks. “Please call me when you want to order” She bowed and walked off to clean a table, Kibum took off his disguise knowing no one would recognise him when he sat in the dark. Ha neul glanced up at Kibum who was staring at his menu; he was absolutely alluring, he was prettier than a girl would be… she was excited to meet the other members. Kibum on the other hand was staring intently at the menu, he’s been here loads of times but he’s only ever eaten Chinese and Korean food.

“Kibum-sshi, is there a problem? You look confused…” Kibum glanced at her and looked back down.

“I have no clue what to eat…” Ha neul looked at his serious expression as he browsed the menu with his eyes and started to laugh. Kibum looked up at the laughing girl and pouted.

“Why is that funny?”

“You recommended this place, just eat what you normally eat here…”

“But I only eat Korean and Chinese food here, I haven’t even tried the others.” Ha neul looked at him curiously and then smirked.

“Want to try British and Japanese while I eat Korean and Chinese?” Kibum looked at Ha neul and smirked back.

“Is that a choice or a challenge?”

“A challenge.”

“Fine, the other will pick your food and we have to eat it no matter what.”

“Heh~ Good rule.” The two glared at each other playfully when Kibum called the waitress.

“Can I have one beef soondae gook, spiciness up to 10 and black bean beef spiciness up to 7” The waitress looked at Kibum hysterically but wrote it down anyways. ‘So that’s how he’s playing it’ ha neul thought. Little did the Almighty Key knew, Ha neul had a stomach which could withstand nearly ANY TYPE of food, but she wanted to keep that a secret for now.

“And you miss?”

“Can I have two portions of spicy faggots with rice (A/N:don’t ask I live in London but I’m mix raced Asian) and katsudon soup, spiciness up to 7 and mix one and a half table spoon of wasabi in it please~” Ha neul said cutely.

“Thank you for ordering, it’ll take about half an hour due to the alterations made in the order, please forgive us.”

“No, no need to apologise, it’s our fault for being fussy about our food.” Ha neul said smiling.

The waitress wrote down the ridiculous order bowed and quickly went to fetched them two jugs of water… she knew they’d need it. Ha neul glanced at Kibum who was staring at her and her confident smile.

“Want to play a game Kibum-sshi ?”

“What game? And stop using –sshi at the end of my name just call me oppa, we’re besties~” Kibum said adding a hint of aegyo.

“Neh Oppa~. And some kind of question game so we know a little bit about ourselves… ‘Give or Take’?”

“Nice idea. Okay you go first.” Ha neul rolled her eyes playfully earning a scoff from Kibum, she grinned widely and thought of a question.

“What, out of the ENTIRE universe, do you hate the most?” Kibum was taken aback from the type of question asked, he thought it’d be like ‘What’s your favourite colour?’ or ‘What type of music do you like?’.

“H-hate…?” Ha neul nodded. Kibum never really hated anything. He just disliked it, ignored it or just never paid that much attention to it. Images of Taemin being bullied and the blade he saw in his room with nearly dried blood made him wince inside himself. “…I hate it when… A family or friend is hurt… and I can’t do anything to help.”

Ha neul looked at Kibum, she felt sorry for asking such a question but she had to know so she could be his ‘best friend’. Key was sweet, he never thought about anything about himself except for his health and appearance, that’s because he vowed to his parents that he’d look good and be healthy.

“What about you? What do you hate…?”

“Feeling like I’m useless, and not realising who it is around me which needs me.” She said with no hesitation. She always felt like that, but Min ra really helped her forget about it, she smiled knowing she had to call the girl later on.

“Hmm… Who are the people OR things you love, top five and no specific ranking.” Kibum smiled, he knew Ha neul sensed the hesitation and pain in answering the previous question. He thought about this question for a while.

“Parents, SHINee, Friends, Music and Daegu” Ha neul nodded.

“Who is your SHINee or Kpop bias?” Ha neul looked at Kibum as if he asked something stupid she started laughing until she couldn’t breathe.

“Why are you laughing!?” Kibum practically screamed.

“Cause Oppa is cute~” Kibum felt his face heat slightly.

“Shush and answer the question!”

“Okay okay, before it used to be Kim Jaejoong-sshi from DBSK, that was when I first found out about Korean music. Then it was Lee Donghae-sshi from Super Junior when I found out that SUJU and DBSK were practically best friends. At around that time I found SHINee’s ‘Romantic’ and it was really amazing, I fell in love with Jonghyuns voice but when I came around and started watching the variety shows you guys were in I started to like Taemin-sshi and…you” Kibum smiled gloriously when she said the last word, he loved being loved because it makes him feel happy and…loved.

“Okay now, who do you like?”

“BWOH?”

“Who. Do. You. Like?” She said slowly smirking.

“As in…?” The question never really concerned Kibum before but the fact that Ha neul was supposedly his best friend she had to know a lot about him that others didn’t. For the almighty Key, the only heart he couldn’t unlock was his own. He loved people in general, was kind and everything, but he can never trust someone to the fullest; including s. s were the closest things to him besides family, he trusts them almost 100% but it’s only 97% if you could put it that way.

He’s like this for his own protection. Like the time he and Jonghyun were supposedly the closest out of the members, besides Taemin who was an ‘angel’, he found out from an article he was going out with a celebrity that he and his friends introduced him to. It hurt him to know that he wasn’t in on this and it made him look like pathetic fool when people asked him about the relationship between Shin Se kyung and Kim Jonghyun. When he said ‘I don’t know’, or ‘He never told me’ they would give him a look and asked if they were really best of friends. Kibum’s and Jonghyun relationship fell slightly, but after hours of kneeling in front of Key’s room back at the dorm, Jonghyun was forgiven… but not exactly to the fullest… Now look. Taemin. The baby of the group is doing something which led to him calling the girl in front of him for advice. Taemin and Kibum had the typical ‘Mother and Child’ relationship… but all children start to rebel without the consent of parents. That’s what made Kibum feel weird until he was reassured when Ha neul would come.

“AS IN WHO ARE YOU ATTRACTED TO OR WHO DO YOU LIKE!?” Ha neul practically screamed, Kibum snapped out of his thoughts and looked at the scary expression which Ha neul had on and burst out laughing almost spitting in her face. She turned red buried her face in her hands. Kibum answered the question describing his ideal girl but no particular person, as in celebrity or a girl.

After a few more questions, some glares and a whole lot of laughter the food arrived… a LOT of food. They glared at it knowing they’d be here challenging each other for a while. The waitress bowed, stared at them hesitantly and left them to…enjoy (?) their meals.

--------------------------

After 1 hour

--------------------------

They two sat in Kibum’s car, stuffed, unable to move and uncomfortable strapped themselves in. Ha neul glared at Kibum who returned the glare.

“I hate you for making me eat that” A hint of sarcasm was in his voice as he sat and started the car. Ha neul laughed.

“I never thought I’d eat so much in my life!”

“I HATE YOU FOR MAKING ME ORDER SOMETHING YOU LIKE! WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME YOU CAN EAT SPICY FOOD, and more importantly… you broke your local record of level 16 back in London!?”

“Well~ now you know about me and my stomach!” Ha neul smirked making him laugh at the playfulness. He’s definitely dragging the girl to the gym later to lose the calories they’ve gained because of her.

 The two talked more with each other, got comfortable. They found stuff about each other which would DEFINITELY be of use to the future. Key once read a fanfiction on a blog which was laid out in the style of a news article. The poor yet gulliable boy read a fiction of when Jonghyun confessed to Kibum publically and Minho and Taemin were openly dating each other. He practically dragged Minho and Taemin who were completely confused into the room whilst he avoided speaking to Jonghyun for about a month during the promotions for the first album.

Kibum found out that Ha neul has gone out with a fair amount of boys and had crushes on few but two of which affected her the most. Her last boyfriend, long distance relationship, met because of family friends, had her first kiss with him and then when she went back to London, he told her, after a year of waking up early to catch the time difference, that he liked someone else. The one who comforted her was her former male best friend who was going out with one of her female best friend, before Min ra came. They were practically inseparable; wherever he was, haneul was, wherever haneul was he was. Ha neul was on the verge of depression until her best friend came and took her out of the depression. Ha neul did the same when her best friend and the boy were having trouble. Because of that the girl got jealous, threatened to break up with the boy if he kept talking to ha neul and all ties between ha neul and her two best friends broke.

“So was he like the only person who understood you?” Ha neul nodded bitterly.

“Yeah, that’s what I hate, because I know there’s no one who will understand me like him…” Kibum quickly glanced at Ha neul who was breathing in the nostalgia which came from her thoughts and mind. Kibum smiled as he turned the last corner before going to the dorm.

“You’ve got me. I’ll try being better than the guy!” Ha neul looked at Kibum and smiled whole heartedly.

“Yeah, yeah, just don’t annoy me. You haven’t seen that side to me… yet.” Ha neul smirked making Kibum wonder how something so crazily beautiful has a bad side. He parked in the garage and got out taking some of Ha neul’s things out. She pried some of her stuff off of him, being the gentleman he was he didn’t let her carry anything but her hand bag and carry-on. The two went to the hidden entrance and into a lift which had mirrors in it. Ha neul felt her heart banging against her ribs and she swore she thought Kibum could hear it.

“Calm down, they’re not going to bite.”

“What if they don’t like me?”

“Who cares, AND Minho will like you because you bought the food for he and Taeminnie?”

“I’m meant to be helping Taemin! I have to care what he thinks about me!?”

“Okay look. Minho is sharp and he’ll know when someone is lying, he sits and observes but he plays around a lot. Onew is just how he is on camera AND a LOT more clumsier and crazier off-cam. Jonghyun is playful and loves skin ship… I don’t know if you’ve seen Hello Baby, but yeah he’s sort of like that, he teases a lot too. Taemin is NOT what you think he is, yeah he uses aegyo to get what he wants but it’s a twister kind of aegyo, silly idiot is lucky he’s good looking when he runs around throwing a tantrum.” He took a breath and glanced at the floor, last floor before reaching the 17th. He smirked to himself noticing the tenseness of the girl beside him.

“No pressure though…”

“Oh I really hate you!” Ha neul pouted as she heard the ‘ting’ and she scattered around making sure everything was with her. She followed Kibum who led the way to the dorm room when he stopped in front of a door.

“We’re here…”

“Oppa…etteoke?”

“Just stay behind me for now, they aren’t scary, make sure you introduce yourself.”

“N-neh” Kibum pressed his index finger on a finger scanner then slid his card down the side of it, the door opened with a heavy ‘click’ sound and Kibum walked in, with Ha neul close behind, holding some of her belongings.

“Hello? Any one home?” They heard some clattering coming from the living room until a voice was heard; Taemin.

“Neh!!! Hyung-ah we just finished the shop-” Taemin’s eyes were instantly drawn to the hidden girl behind Kibum and he held his breath without him knowing it. Kibum sighed.

“Call Minho over, now, and are the other two home?” Kibum had a tone of obligation in his voice as he placed the bags on the floor. Taemin shook his head and went to call Minho. Kibum looked at Ha neul who looked like she was about to faint.

“Yah, you okay…?” He asked expecting no reaction… which is what he got. Minho and Taemin came in to the hallway; Minho with a smirk, Taemin still laying his eyes on the majestic girl.

“Guys, this is my friend. We haven’t seen or spoken to each other in a while but we used to be best of friends.” Kibum said confidently as if he’s said this a thousand and one times before. Ha neul slowly walked from behind the muscular, brunette boy and faced the two other men. She bowed politely.

“Annyeonghashinikka, I’m Park Ha neul. P-pleasure to meet you, Minho-sshi, Taemin-sshi.” She bowed once again and looked at the two expressionless people in front of her. Taemin glared at Kibum who mouthed ‘what?’.

“You didn’t tell me Park seongsaenim’s ‘child’ was a FEMALE!” Taemin said throwing his hands in the air. Ha neul looked at Kibum hysterically.

“You did what?” Kibum heard the change in Ha neul’s tone and knew instantly he should have told the guys that Ha neul wasn’t just a friend; a FEMALE friend.

“I u-uh… b-but”

“KIM KIBUM!” Ha neul almost shrieked. She gasped as she heard Minho chuckle; no one could make the almighty Key stutter like that. “Minho-sshi, Taemin-sshi. Please ignore what I’m going to do next.” The two nodded cautiously and Kibum tried going out of the dorm until he felt someone grab his ear and drag him into the living room.

“KIBUM OPPA!? WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL THEM I WAS A GIRL!? Was being a girl that bad!? You shouldn’t have asked me to come then! Where am I supposed to stay? What if they hate me now? WHAT IF THEY THINK I’M GOING TO GO ALL FANGIRL ON THEM AND TAKE THEIR PRIVACY AWAY!? Did you get your manager’s permission?! Kibum I swear if you don’t answer any of these questions I’m going back to London and waiting for another three weeks to come here and you’ll have no help with the ‘dude’ whatsoever!” Ha neul was out of breathe, she saw Kibum on the couch, up straight, not having time to answer her questions as she was like a cannon ball firing every millisecond. Minho and Taemin walked in, clutching onto their stomachs with tears of laughter in their eyes.

“H-ha neul-sshi… D-don’t worry about it, j-just please tell me how to keep h-hyung under control?” Taemin barely made the sentence through his laughter, Kibum felt the heat rise to his fair cheeks and he glared at the younger girl who was smiling; happy being easily accepted into the dorm. Minho came and hung his arm around the girl and smiled, he received her smile back and Taemin forced Key up to the hallway where Ha neul’s belongings were, they took it to Taemin’s room.

===================================

Awww no one commented =( is this fic really THAT bad?

More comments please…

To those auditioning for the MBC thingy, Hwaiting… I’ll need it myself -.-