Chapter 8: A Girl’s Heart

I Think I Like You

 

NAYEON’S POV

To be honest, I feel nervous nowadays. The local competition is coming soon and I feel like I need to practice more. To add more pressure, Sana made me accept a bet against Mina.

After school, I decided to go home to practice. I bid Sana farewell and went out our separate ways. I was walking mindlessly along the streets when someone tap me. I looked around and it was Mark who was riding his bicycle.

“Yow! Long time no see.” Mark flashed me with a smile.

“I was in your party last weekend.” I continued walking and he closely followed beside me.

“Well, you left right away.”

“Sana got irritated with Jackson, as usual, and asked me to accompany her to leave.”

“Those two are like cat and dogs. Hey, want to hang out for a bit?”

“I have to practice for the competition.”

“Aw, come on. Just a couple of hours won’t hurt.” He suddenly gave me a flash of his puppy eyes.

“Well, fine. Just for a couple of hours. Okay?”

“Yeah. Hop in.” Mark pointed at the backseat of his bicycle.

He lend me an extra helmet and I carefully sat on the seat behind him. I reluctantly held onto the side of his jacket but to my surprise he held and fixed my hand across his waist.

“Safe and sound.” Mark said as he started to pedal.

Riding behind him made my heart beat so fast. I was glad that he was not looking at me because I can feel my face blushing. In fact, he is the only who can make me feel this way. I had a crush on him since we were in elementary. Back then, I did not like him that much since he was so quiet and seems like he was cocky at times. But what made me change my opinion of him was when Mark helped Jinyoung when he got bullied.

“I’m glad that we don’t have any practice today. I miss spending time with my friends.” Mark said out of nowhere.

“Everyone’s been busy lately. And yeah, I’m glad we can spend some time together.”

When we arrived at the mall, there was a modern dance showcase at the activity center. A lot of cover groups performed and it really delighted me.

After the show, Mark treated me in this restaurant. I was reluctant at first because the food was expensive but he insisted that he would pay.

“So, when will the competition take place?” He asked after giving our orders.

“Two weeks from now. I still need to practice a lot.” I took a sip from my water.

“Don’t worry about it that much, I’m sure you’ll do great.” He smiled at me. “Guess what? I’ll make a good luck banner for you.”

I laughed softly at this.

“Seriously, I will. I’ll beat the one that you made for me.” He chuckled softly.

Mark suddenly stared at the glass wall behind me and waved at someone. I looked around and it was Jinyoung and Mina.

“Hey, come on in.” Mark invited them inside.

Mina quietly sat beside Mark while Jinyoung sat beside me.

“So, what are you guys up to?” Jinyoung suddenly asked.

“Just catching up.” Mark replied to him. “How about you? On a date?”

“Nope, of course not! I just wanted to see the modern dance showcase so I asked him to accompany me.” Mina said.

“Really? You look awfully sweet together with your cotton candy.” I smiled at her.

“Actually, I never really like mine.” Jinyoung suddenly gave a look of disgust at his cotton candy.

“Then, give it to me bro.” Mark took Jinyoung’s cotton candy. “Hmmm, pineapple. I like pineapple.”

“So, you went to the showcase. How come I did not see you?” Mina asked Mark.

“Well, there were a lot of people.” Mark is almost done with Jinyoung’s cotton candy. “At least, I get to see your pretty face now.”

What the heck? I screamed inside my mind. Mina shyly covered her face and Mark gave a small chuckle.

“You seem to really like Mina.” Jinyoung smiled at the two of them.

“How can I not? She’s really cute.” Mark gave a sweet look at Mina.

Seriously? I can’t believe at how flirty Mark is getting with Mina. I’ve heard rumors in class that says that Mark has a thing for Mina, but this is too much.

“Well, Mr. Tuan thank you for inviting us but Jinyoung and I have somewhere to go to.” Mina said.

“Really?” Jinyoung raised his eyebrows.

“Aw, that’s sad. Next time let’s eat something together. Maybe we can invite Jackson and Sana too.” Mark said as he finished Jinyoung’s cotton candy.

“Yeah, see around.” Mina stood up and pulled Jinyoung out of his seat. The two of them walked towards the exit and we watched them disappear through the crowd.

“Do you think there’s something between Mina and Jinyoung?” Mark suddenly asked of nowhere.

“Nope. She doesn’t fit Jinyoung’s taste.” I answered right away.

“Why would you say that?” Mark softly shook his head. “She’s totally my style.”

What he said suddenly made my heart sank. Did he just confirmed to me that he actually likes Mina?

 

MINA’S POV

After we left Mark and Nayeon at the restaurant, I noticed that Jinyoung was in a sour mood.

“Hey, do you want my cotton candy.” I offered raised my hand towards his face.

“No.” He quickly shoved my hand.

“I thought you said you like strawberry?”

“I want to go home.” His pacing was suddenly getting faster.

“But I don’t want to go home.”

“Then, go around some more. You know the way home. Right?”

“You’re being unfair.” I said quietly.

“Look, I’m tired. I want to get some rest. Besides we have a math quiz tomorrow.”

“Liar. You’re just like that because you saw Mark and Nayeon together.” I replied before throwing my cotton candy at the trash can.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” His tone was getting heavier.

“You’re upset because you like Nayeon but she likes your best friend.” I raised an eyebrow.

“Shut up!” Jinyoung’s face was red. I think I might have said something out of line.

“Sorry.” I apologized and he continued walking further from me.

 

__________

Author's note:

Hi everyone! Continue to comment down your reactions. They are highly appreciated :)

BTW, TWICE TT MV just reached 100M view! \^o^/