Chapter 15: Winter Holidays Part 2

I Think I Like You

 

MINA’S POV

After we settled out our things, we decided to play around the snow. We all rented skiing equipment. To be honest, I was nervous and excited at the same time since this will be my first time skiing.

As I put on my ski boots, I noticed Jinyoung and Nayeon talking together as they glide through the snow. I can’t help but be jealous since they look so close. If only I knew that they’d be here, then I wouldn’t have come. I guess Sana likes to miss out on the important stuffs.

“Yo, need some help with that?” Mark came by my side.

“Nope. I think I got it.” I tied my boots and then stood. I tried to glide to the snow but lost my balance. Luckily, Mark caught me by my waist.

“Slow down there.” He was holding me tightly. “If you don’t know how to ski then I’ll teach you.”

“You can let me go now.” I slowly moved his hands away from me.

“Come on. Hold my hand and let me teach you.” He smiled at me.

“You don’t have to.” I glared at him but he quickly reached for my hand.

“Don’t be stubborn.” He held my hand tightly. “Jinyoung won’t come and hold your hands like I would.”

I felt my face getting hot but before I could say anything. Mark suddenly pulled me and before I knew it, I was already skiing through the snow. I must say that he’s a good teacher. He didn’t let go of my hand until I knew how to ski.

We spend the whole afternoon skiing and playing through the snow. Jackson and Sana had a mini winter Olympics by themselves and were arguing who won in this and that. When we arrived at the vacation house, we decided to cook curry for dinner.

“Okay, for tonight I’ll be your chef!” Sana volunteered enthusiastically. “Anyone who wants to help?”

“I will!” Nayeon quickly raised her hand.

“Oh no, Nabongs will surely mess up the food.” Jackson said and Nayeon quickly hit his shoulders. “Why, I’m just being cautious. I don’t want my aunt’s mansion to be burned out.”

“If the curry turns out good, don’t eat!” Nayeon glared at him.

“I’m not worried about the taste if Sana will cook it.” Jackson pointed at Sana. “Sana-ya, make sure Nabongs will not burn the house down, okay?”

“Yaaaah!” Once again, Nayeon punched Jackson and everyone laughed.

“Okay, I need volunteers to come to the supermarket and buy these.” Sana started writing the ingredients.

“I can do it.” Jinyoung volunteered.

“Okay. Anyone else?” Sana was staring at me.

“What? Me?” I asked her and she nodded slowly.

“Hurry up and we’ll start preparing rice and the side dishes.” Sana winked at me.

______________________

 

The supermarket was probably fifteen minutes away from the vacation house. Jinyoung and I did not talk as we walk to the supermarket. In fact, he walked three paces in front me. I was expecting him to look back at me at least once but he wouldn’t.

When we arrived at the supermarket, he quickly got a basket and started roaming around to get the ingredients. He was moving so quickly as if he was in a treasure hunt game. After getting all the ingredients in Sana’s list, he paid it to the cashier and we got out of the store.

I wish I did not come with him. It felt very awkward and I’m starting to feel sad because Jinyoung is continuously ignoring me.

The night was very cold and snow was starting to fall down. I can feel my hands and ears freeze. I can also feel that I would catch a cold, and before I knew it I let out a loud sneeze.

Surprisingly, Jinyoung stopped walking and then, slowly took a glance of me from his shoulders. For a moment our eyes met and he turned around towards me. I looked down to avoid his gaze but he moved closer to me until we were inches apart.

“Are you cold?” For the first time in a few days, he finally spoke to me.

I gently nodded without taking my sight away from my shoes. For a moment, I wanted to cry because Jinyoung was so mean to me by ignoring me and now he’s finally talking to me again.

“Put this on.” He removed his scarf and tied it gently around my neck. “How come you get so cold easily?”

“I’m from Kobe. It doesn’t snow like this there.” I finally turned my head up and looked at his face.

“Then dress up warmly. Grandma would be angry at me if you would catch a cold.” He smiled at me. Unexpectedly, he softly reached for my left hand which I kept inside my pocket and then pulled them out before walking back to the house.

Suddenly, I remembered what Mark said earlier that afternoon about how Jinyoung would not hold my hand like he would. Of course, they were different. Only Jinyoung’s hand would make my heart flutter. In this moment, I feel warm and happy.

“Mina.” Jinyoung said out my name. “I-I’m sorry for ignoring you.”

“You should be.”

“To be honest, I don’t know what to say to you.”

“You don’t have to tell me anything.” I squeezed his hands. “Just treat me like how you did before.”

“But, I-” He softly squeezed my hand back. “I don’t want to hurt you.”

“Shhhh…” I know what he would say and it has troubled me for days but for now I just want to cherish this moment with him. “Let’s just walk.”

 

 

MARK’S POV

Jinyoung and Mina went to the nearby supermarket to buy the ingredients Sana needed. While they were out, Sana and Nayeon were already preparing something in the kitchen while Jackson went upstairs to sleep. I stayed at the living room waiting for the two to comeback. I looked out the window and watch the snow fall softly from the dark sky.

After a while, the two came back. As they entered the gate I was surprise to see Jinyoung holding Mina’s hands. Jinyoung said something to Mina before letting her go and she walked straight towards the door. I immediately sat down the couch and pretended to watch TV.

“Hey.” I called onto Mina as she entered the house. “Need help with that?”

“Nope, I can bring these to the kitchen myself.” She just walked passed me towards the kitchen.

After she went to the kitchen, I decided to walk outside. I saw that Jinyoung is still there standing still, looking at the sky. I slowly walk up to him.

“If you keep on staring at the sky, you might get crazy.” I told him.

“Really? I think I might be.” He smiled at me.

“Why were you holding Mina’s hand? Do you like her?” I asked out suddenly. I want to get to the point.

“I don’t. It’s just that she’s cold.” He replied with a blank expression.

“You still like Nayeon, right?” After I said this, his eyes went big.

“Y-yeah.” He spoke almost inaudibly. “What of it?”

“Then, stop hanging out with Mina.”

“I-I can’t.”

“Why?”

“Because I live with her.” His statement shocked me. I didn’t know he lived with her. “She’s the daughter of my mom’s boss. My mom said she needs a place to stay while she studies here in Korea so we let her live with us.”

“Why didn’t you tell us?” I asked him.

“We agreed that we don’t want people to know.”

“To know that you have a full access to hit on her?” I quickly shot at him and I can see that he is offended by what I said.

“I’m not hitting on her.” He defended himself. “We’re just friends.”

“Okay. If you say so, but please get your feelings straight.”

Jinyoung looked at me with serious eyes. “Why does it matter so much to you how I treat Mina?”

“Because I like her.” I spoke out loud. “And I’ll make sure that she’d fall in love with me. Stop making her believe that there is a possibility between the two of you so she’d stop looking for you. Get your game straight with Nayeon and I’ll get it straight with Mina.”

Jinyoung’s face was so surprised that he can’t find the words to reply. I didn’t wait for what he’ll reply to me so I turned my back and walked straight back to the house. I’ve already made up my mind, so he better make up his because I’m not letting him win this time around.

 

 

_________________________

Author's note:

Thank you for all your comments. I highly appreciate them ^^ just keep them coming :D