Chapter 13: Preparing for the Winter Holidays

I Think I Like You

 

SANA’s POV

Today would probably be an exciting day. There’s only three days left before the examinations and then we will be free for the winter holidays. I’m not exactly sure what I’ll be doing during our break. My parents said that they will visit me here in Korea on Christmas until New Year. But before that, I’m hoping that my friends and I can spend some time together.

As the day passed, I realized that my friends are not as enthusiastic as I thought they would be. Earlier, I asked Nayeon to come with me as well as some of our female classmates to the karaoke. However, Nayeon gently rejects my offer saying that she is fixing some papers for cram school this winter. It was very weird, Nayeonie loves karaoke so much that she never misses one every time I asked her out.

For some reasons, I also noticed that Jinyoung and Mina are ignoring each other. I mean they are not that close but I can’t understand why they are avoiding each other. Earlier after I got back from the school cafeteria, I was walking to the corridor towards our classroom. I saw the two of them bumped into each other at the classroom entrance and then, suddenly Jinyoung quickly ran away from her. I was like “Does he owe her money?”

I stood up from my seat and walked towards Mark’s direction. He was looking out of the window with his earphones on. I softly tapped his shoulders and he turned around to speak to me.

“What’s up?” He asked.

“The winter holidays are coming. Got any plans?” I replied with another question. “Last time you treated us to Jeju-do. Will you be treating us again?”

“Hmmm, I’m not sure.” He was eyebrows crinkled. “It depends.”

“Well, what are your conditions captain?” I asked excitedly.

“Let’s invite Mina to come with us.” He took a glimpse of Mina who was chatting with her friends.

“Consider it done.” I winked at him. “I’m quite a people’s person.”

“Okay, you take care of that. Where do you want me to take you?”

“Haven’t thought of that yet.”

Mark thinks for a moment and then, he called on to Jackson who was busy copying Jinyoung’s assignment.

“Why did you call me?” Jackson said as he stood beside Mark.

“Your aunt owns a small hotel in Yongpyong, right?” Mark asked Jackson.

“Yup, a new one. Why?”

“Mind if you can make reservations for six people? I’m thinking of skiing for the holidays.”

“Sure as long as you have the money, I can accommodate you.” Jackson patted Mark’s shoulders.

“Everything’s settled then. Your task now is to make the others come.” Mark pointed at me.

“Don’t worry about it.” I smiled at him.

 

_______________________________

 

MINA’S POV

The exams are finally over and the much awaited winter holidays are here. To be honest, I don’t know what is harder, my exams or the fact that Jinyoung has been ignoring me.

Ever since the incident in Everland, he had never looked at me in the eyes again. In fact, every time that we bump into each other he would quickly change direction and walk away from me. Even though we live in the same house, I barely see him because he locks himself in his room. Grandma said that Jinyoung is like that during the examinations week so he can concentrate on his studies more. But on the other hand, I know that there is something more to it.

I can’t help but be annoyed of what he is doing. Seriously, I’m using every ounce of my strength not to walk inside his room and ask for some response. That idiot was speechless after our kiss and he seemed loss on our way home. As I think about what happened, I can feel my face going red.

As I sit down in the living room, watching Running Man, I received a message from Sana.

 

Sana: Minari! Want to come in a vacation with me? ^o^

Mina: Nope.

Sana: Come on (T^T) It’s only for 3 days and 2 nights. All-expense paid.

Mina: Is this some kind of scam?

Sana: No kekeke this is just a get-to-know and bonding time for us ^-^ besides you look stress lately. Come and chill with me (^_-)

 

I think for a moment. I won’t be going back in Japan for another week. I might as well spend my time off traveling Korea than be stuck with that annoying Jinyoung.

 

Mina: Okay. As long as it’s free. Where are we going?

Sana: That’s a secret but let’s meet at the convenient store at exactly 7AM on Friday ^^ Okay?

Mina: Yeah. See you.

Sana: See you Minari <3 (^3^)

 

I'm surprised myself, but I can't help it and be excited of this trip. Hope this vacation will make me forget the Everland incident just for a little while.

 

_______________________________

Author's note:

How are you liking the story so far? This chapter is just an opening for the next arc :) More things will happen to our characters so I hope you stay tune and continue to comment down.