Chapter 20: Here With You

I Think I Like You

 

JINYOUNG’S POV

It was getting late at night now, and I have been roaming around the streets of Kobe for hours. To be honest, I was starting to regret the idea of coming here. When I bought the tickets earlier I had no plans whatsoever on where to eat or where to stay.

It was Christmas Eve, and snow was starting to fall down from the sky. As I look around, many people, especially couples, were flocking the harbor. I was really curious on where they were going so I followed them. Almost everyone was gathering around the giant Christmas tree. It was so beautiful and I somewhat felt lonely that I won’t be spending Christmas with my family.

I’m really getting tired so I sat down on a bench and played with my phone. Since, I have nothing to do, I opened my MailPal to chat with Omicron-ssi.

 

Junior22: Hi. It is a very cold night. 

Omicron: Yeah. It’s actually snowing right now.

Junior22: You must be outside. Me too and it’s snowing from where I’m at.

Omicron: What are you doing outside?

Junior22: Getting lost hahaha how about you?

Omicron: I’m watching the ferris wheel change color.

 

His last line caught me. From where I’m sitting, I can see a giant Ferris wheel change its color from green to orange to blue so I message him back asking what color it is.

 

Junior22: Really? What color is it now?

Omicron: Blue

 

As he sent this, the color suddenly changed to pink.

 

Omicron: It just changed to pink.

 

I can’t believe that Omicron-ssi lived in Kobe, Japan! I stood from my seat and started running around looking at the faces of the people in the harbor near the Ferris wheel. I was losing my breath and my backpack was a bit heavy so I just stood for a moment to rest. As I turn my gaze, I saw a familiar girl with my scarf on, sitting on a bench. It was Mina. I slowly walk towards her direction. I stood behind her and opened my umbrella to stop the snow on falling down on her.

“Finally, I found you.” I said behind her back, still trying to catch my breath. She immediately stood up and turned around to see me. Around us, people started counting off and finally, the fireworks display begun.

“Hi there, Omicron-ssi.” I said at the top of my voice so she can hear me from the noise.

“Jinyoung…” She looked surprised. “What are you doing here?”

“What do you think? I’m visiting Japan.” I replied to her question.

She slowly moved closer to hug me and then, buried her face on my chest. “I was really lonely ever since I came here. But you’re here now. This is the best Christmas present ever. I missed you so much.”

I gently patted her head before moving my fingers through her hair. I don’t want to say it out loud but I missed her too. Her face, her voice, her scent – I guess I miss everything about her.

“Aren’t you going to say something to me?” She raised her faced towards mine, still not letting me go.

“What do you want me to say?”

“That you miss me too. That you came here so you can see me.”

I let out a loud burst of laughter. “Why would I go here just to see you? Do you think I would travel all the way from Korea just to see a spoiled brat like you?”

“You’re so mean!” She pushed me away from her and started walking away from me.

I can’t believe that she got hurt of what I said, so ran after her and grabbed her hand before pulling her close to me. I held her tight in my arms and leaned down to whisper something in her ear.

“I missed you.” I confessed. “The truth is, I went here because I wanted to see you.”

I think she was a bit surprised and glad of what I said. For a moment, we just stood there holding each other, not minding the people around us.

 

Mina and I continued walking around the harbor, talking about random things, before taking a taxi back to her penthouse. Inside the taxi, I told her about the story on how I asked my mother to let me come in Kobe. She was really mad at me because she already made plans on spending her Christmas break with me and my grandma in Jeju. However, I insisted that I did not want to come so she threw a plate on me which landed on my left temple.

“That explains the bandaid.” Mina said as she opens the door of her penthouse.

“I guess she felt guilty and gave me the money to fly here.” I followed her as she led the way inside her penthouse. “Wow, this place is huge.” I exclaimed as I look through the place.

“My dad gave me this on my birthday.”

“Where is your family?”

“On the main house. I live here alone.”

“That’s nice.” I brought down my backpack and took off my coat on the sofa.

“Is that all you have?” Mina asked while pointing on my things.

“Yup. I kind of left in a hurry.” I yawned as I answered back.

“You look tired. Follow me, I’ll show you the bedroom.”

I followed her as she opened one of the door. The bedroom was huge with a king size bed.  I jumped on the bed and lied down. I was so tired with the plane ride and walking that I was happy to have a soft bed to sleep in for the night. Mina took a remote from the drawer and pressed a button. Immediately, the curtains opened up and revealed a wall size window and I can see a good view of the harbor.

I looked at the window for a while and felt my eyes growing heavy. I was starting to fall asleep when I felt Mina climbed on the bed.

“What do you think you’re doing?” I looked at her as she slid inside the blankets.

“I’m going to sleep.” She arranged the pillows before lying on them.

“On the same bed with me?”

“Yeah, this is my bed anyways.”

“I’ll be sleeping on the couch.” I was supposed to get out of the bed but Mina grabbed me by the collar and pulled me back beside her. She grabbed on to my arm tightly to make sure that I can’t get back up.

“Stay here with me.” She whispered softly in my ear which sent shivers down my back.

“You know this is a direct violation of my human rights.” I turned my face towards her. We were lying so close to each other that our noses touched.

“Oh? But you’re in my house and you’re now my property.” She said mockingly to me.

To be honest, I can feel something funny might happened if I continued to argue so I just grabbed a pillow with my free hand and covered my face so I can escape Mina’s teasing. I thought that she would continue on teasing me. But she was really quiet. After a few minutes, I removed the pillow from my face to check out on her. She was really tired because she was already asleep. I removed a few strands of hair from her face and then, I gently planted a kiss on her forehead so that I won’t wake her up.

“Good night Mina.” I whispered and slowly went to the dream world myself.

 

MARK’S POV
 

It was Christmas morning and I wanted to invite Mina out on a date again so I went over to her penthouse. I bought some Japanese pancakes and hot chocolate so that we can enjoy breakfast together. Even though our date ended up to my rejection, I still want to hang out with her because I find it fun being around her. Besides, I’m not the kind of guy that would easily give up just because a girl rejected me.

Once I arrived to her penthouse floor, I rang her doorbell. I waited for a minute before I pressed the doorbell again. But before I can press the button, the door opened and to my surprise my best friend opened the door.

“Mark!” Jinyoung looked surprised as he fixed his hair. “What are you doing here?”

“I think I’m the one who should be saying that.” I answered back with a deep voice. I can’t help it but I can feel my anger down my throat upon seeing his face.

 

________________________

Author's note:

Sorry if it took me some time to update, still on my finals but it'll be over soon which means more time for me to write :D keep those comments coming ^^