Chapter 21: State of Confusion

I Think I Like You

 

MARK’S POV
 

It was Christmas morning and I wanted to invite Mina out on a date again so I went over to her penthouse. I bought some Japanese pancakes and hot chocolate so that we can enjoy breakfast together. Even though our date ended up to my rejection, I still want to hang out with her because I find it fun being around her. Besides, I’m not the kind of guy that would easily give up just because a girl rejected me.

Once I arrived to her penthouse floor, I rang her doorbell. I waited for a minute before I pressed the doorbell again. But before I can press the button, the door opened and to my surprise my best friend opened the door.

“Mark!” Jinyoung looked surprised as he fixed his hair. “What are you doing here?”

“I think I’m the one who should be saying that.” I answered back with a deep voice. I can’t help it but I can feel my anger down my throat upon seeing his face.

“I-I” Jinyoung stuttered.

“Mark!” Mina came out to the leaving room with a flustered face. “Good morning. Please, come in.”

 

 

We sat down to the dining room and shared the pancakes that I bought. It was a very awkward situation and everyone was silent until Mina spoke.

“It’s nice to have you guys here. It became less lonely.” She said before putting a slice of pancake in .

“I had great time with you in my stay here.” I smiled at her.

“You spent time together?” Jinyoung asked.

“Well, how else would I know her address?” I replied to his question and he looked disturbed of what I said.

“What are you doing here?” He asked me again.

“I’m dating Mina.” I answered.

“WENT” Mina cut-in. “We went on a date.”

“Why would you be in a date with him?” Jinyoung asked Mina.

“It was a favor. He saved me when someone wanted to harass me in the mall.” Mina tried to defend herself.

“Let’s just say I was there beside her when you weren’t.” I exclaimed so Jinyoung can hear it clearly.

“I’m here now. She doesn’t need you anymore.” He said seriously at me.

I clenched my fist because Jinyoung was starting to annoy me. Who does he think he is to say things like that to me?

“Hey, I’m planning to go to a nearby temple later.” Mina must have seen that I was starting to get angry so she changed the topic.

“I will come with you.” I said to her.

“No need. I’d like to go alone. I think it be good if the two of you would hang around together.”

“But-” 

“I think that’s a great idea.” I said before Jinyoung would finish what he wanted to say. I think that he was confused why I agreed with Mina but I really wanted to talk to him personally with just the two of us.

 

 

After breakfast, I waited for Jinyoung and Mina to get ready. Jinyoung and I helped Mina get a taxi and watched her go. Later, the two of us walked to the bus station and went to a Christmas bizarre. Same as the previous days, a lot of people roamed around the place looking for things to buy. Jinyoung was excited as the other people. I followed him as he went to every stall buying presents.

“You sure are buying a lot of things.” I said to him.

“I want to make up to my mother.” He replied to me. “Besides, I want to buy gifts for our friends.”

“Are you getting that for Nayeon?” I pointed at the necklace that he was holding.

“Y-yeah.” He answered almost inaudibly.

“I think she’ll like this better.” I pointed to a necklace with a butterfly design.

“I don’t think so.”

“You’re right. You know her better than I do.”

“What are you doing here, by the way?” Jinyoung asked out of the blue. “I thought you were going to Switzerland for the holidays."

“I was but I changed my mind. Like what I said earlier, I came here to date Mina.”

Jinyoung put down what he was doing and looked seriously at me. “Do you really like her?”

“I do.” I answered right away. “What about you?”

Jinyoung just shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t. I guess.”

“Please make up your mind. If you still like Nayeon then tell Mina that you’re not interested in her.”

“I already did.”

“Then stop acting nice to her!” I said loudly which surprised Jinyoung. “You say you don’t like her but act like you do. Stop making her hope and wait for you to like her back if you won’t! Stop hurting her, Jinyoung!” He was taken aback of what I said that he stayed silent for a moment. “I can take care of her more than you can ever do.”

“Okay. I believe you.” Jinyoung only nodded at me.

 

 

JINYOUNG’S POV

After Mark and I separated, I went straight to the building were Mina’s penthouse was located and I waited for her. After several hours, she finally returned. She was walking slowly, I guess she was thinking of something because she was surely taking her time. But after seeing me, she started running towards my direction.

It was a cold afternoon but the sun was radiating from her direction. She looked so beautiful, she always does. Suddenly, I remembered what Mark asked me earlier if I like her and I answered I don’t. But to be honest, I don’t really know. What I know was that I still have feelings for Nayeon but I also noticed that whenever Mina is beside me, I get excited and I can feel my heart flutter. After she left to go back to Japan, I felt really sad. Again I’m not sure, maybe I just feel this way because Nayeon rejected me and I needed a rebound.

“Jinyoungie? What are you doing here? It’s very cold outside. Have you forgotten my passcode?” She said as she approached me.

“You’re still wearing that?” I noticed that she was still wearing my scarf. “Give it back to me and I’ll buy you a new one.”

She quickly held on it tightly. “I don’t want to. This is mine. You already gave it to me. By the way, what did you do with Mark?”

“I bought presents.”

“Did you buy one for me?”

“I didn’t. But I bought one for Nayeonie.”

“Okay.” Mina pouted. “What can I expect from you anyways?”

“Mark said he likes you.” I said out of the blue.

“I know. He confessed to me.”

“What did you say?”

“Why would you like to know?”

“I’m just curious.” I shrugged my shoulders.

“How about you? Do you like me now?” She looked straight into my eyes as if she wanted to see through my soul.

“Do you still want me to like you?” I asked her again.

“What kind of question is that?”

“I missed you.” The words came straight out of my mouth. “I have no plans whatsoever of leaving Korea and visiting Japan. But I missed you so I went here. Is that a valid answer?”

“No, but it is a good one.” Mina smiled sweetly at me.

 

______________________
 

Author's note:

Thank you for waiting. Sorry if it took me a long time to update. It is because of my finals -_- Anyways school's over and I hope I'll be updating more frequently now ^^