Chapter 26: A Change of Heart

I Think I Like You

 

SANA’S POV

 

“Nayeonie! What are you waiting for?” I went beside Nayeon’s seat during lunch time.

“I’m busy at the moment.” She kept ignoring me by answering her reviewer.

“Really, I can’t believe you. The deadline for the submission of the audition forms are today and you still haven’t filled it up yet.”

“I’m not thinking about it just yet. I really need to concentrate on my college admission exams and I don’t need any distractions right now.” Nayeon signaled me to go away.

I can’t understand Nayeon nowadays. Back in middle school, all that we can think about is debuting and becoming idols but now, she seems uninterested at all. I know what happened in the competition was painful but she has to accept those things and try again. In fact, I already auditioned in three different companies and I haven’t been accepted but that doesn’t discourage me. I still believe that someday all my hard work can pay off and people will see my talent.

I was a bit pissed off by the fact that Nayeon was ignoring me. So I went to our computer room and went to JYP’s website. I clicked on the tab regarding the audition forms and signed Nayeon up. I printed her audition number and went back to the class room.

“Nayeonie!” I went back over to her seat. “Look, I printed out your audition number and schedule.”

She hurriedly took the paper and read it.

“Sana, what have you done?”

“Getting you back on track on the thing that you love.”

“I can’t do this.” She shove the paper back to me.

“Why?!”

“Because the audition date and time are the same with my exam.” Nayeon looked at me with her sad eyes. Thank you for your effort on pushing me on my dreams but I already gave up on it.”

“But-”

“Besides, I’ve already chosen a new field I want to grow to. Good luck on your auditions.” Nayeon stood up and left the classroom.

I feel really sad about her decision. I know she wanted to be an idol so much so why give up now. I’m not sure what I can do help her reconsider her decision but I guess I will find a way.

 

 

MARK’S POV

 

Mina and I have been together most of the time recently and I’m glad that she is relying to me more than anybody else. I can feel that we have been closer now than before. She is going through a tough time now and I want to comfort her, the best possible way that I can.

“You should get some rest now. We have been walking around all afternoon.” I told her as I walk her home.

“I will. Don’t worry much about me.”

“How can I? I can’t even stop thinking about you.” I reached out to hold her hands. She looked at me and gave me an awkward smile.

“Thank you for helping me today.” Mina said once we arrived at Jinyoung’s home.

“Isn’t it a bit awkward staying here? Maybe you should consider moving in another house. An apartment may do. I can help you if you want.” I said to her.

“I like it here, though. Grandma is really nice to me. But I’ll think about your suggestion.” Mina smiled at me but I do feel that she’s sad.

“Please, don’t be sad when you’re with me.”

“I’m not.”

“You never smile sadly like that when you’re with Jinyoung.” I said to her.

“Come on, stop comparing yourself with him.”

“I can’t. Because I’m doing my best to make you stop thinking about him and instead make you think about me.”

“I’m trying my best too. But it’s a little difficult. He’s my first love, after all.”

“First love don’t always work out.”

“You’re right, they don’t.” Mina nodded at me and turned to enter the gate. “Good night, Mark.”

She was entering the gate when I hold on to her wrist. I pulled her closer to me and planted a kiss on her lips. As we let go, she just stared at me with her eyes wide.

“I want you to look at me as a man in love with you and not just a boy that you can be friends with.” I said before walking on my way home.

As I walk on, I realized that it’s warmer now. Winter is over and spring is here. Change of seasons can result to a change of heart. I know she’s still in love with Jinyoung but I’m certain that I can make her forget about him. I may be a little straightforward with my words and actions but I think it’s good. Unlike Jinyoung, I’m not willing to wait and lose the girl I love.

 

 

JINYOUNG’S POV

 

Lately, Mina has been spending a lot of time with Mark. After class, they would leave the school together and she would comeback pass dinner time. This day was no exception, however, I find myself waiting for her to return home. I was really worried and jealous at the same time because I was the one who used to walk her home.

I would often look out my bedroom window to see if she’s already near. As I slid my curtains a bit, I saw her with Mark standing at our gate. I felt sad and angry at the same time. I can’t believe that she’s dating him now after all we’ve been through. I hope she could’ve given me some time to sort out my feelings so I could have treated her better.

I thought things wouldn’t get worse but it did. Mark suddenly pulled Mina and kissed her on the lips! I can’t believe what I’m seeing. My best friend is kissing the girl I live in the same house with. The girl I looked for in Japan. The girl with my first kiss! The girl I’m in love with!

I was so surprised and hurt of what I saw that I fell on to my bed. I sat there thinking until I heard Mina’s footsteps in the house corridor so I stood up and run to the door. She must have been surprised when I burst open the door and cornered her against the wall.

“Why are you always with him?” I asked looking deep into her eyes.

“What do you mean?” Mina put her hands on my chest pulling me back.

“Why are you dating Mark? Is it to get back at me?”

Mina pushed me and walked towards her bedroom door. “I’m sorry but it’s not always about you, Jinyoung. Besides, you shouldn’t care about who I choose to date.”

“But I do.” I tried not to choke onto my words. “Because it hurts.”

As said those words, Mina just look at me with sad eyes before entering her bedroom.

 

That night, I cried myself to sleep. It may sound pathetic but I did. The next morning, I woke up late. After preparing myself for school, I overheard Mina and grandma talking in the living room.

“Is that your final decision?” My grandmother asked Mina.

“Yes, grandma. I will be moving out this Friday.” She answered her.

“Given your reasons, I respect your decision. Have you told Jinyoung yet?”

“No, but just tell him I'm moving on a new apartment.”

“I will. Make sure to visit me from time to time.”

“Sure grandma. Thank you for everything.” Mina said and I heard her leave the house for school.

I climbed downstairs and said goodbye to my grandmother. I hurriedly went out of our house to catch up with Mina. She was not that far so I ran toward her and pulled her hand.

“You’re a very bad girl. Is that your response? By leaving me?” I looked into her eyes as I catch my breath.

“I suppose so. It would be better this way.” Mina replied before walking away from me.

I couldn't do anything but look at her and watch her move further away from me. What can I say? She gave me a chance and I lost it. What I did was wrong, but I hope I can find a way to redeem myself because this time, I'm not going to lose the girl I love.

 

 

_____________________
 

Author's note:

Hi everyone! I was suppose to upload his last week but I was out of town and I couldn't find the time to do it. Anyways to make up for it, I'll upload another chapter in a few minutes. Enjoy reading! ^^