Chapter 30: Only You (Finale)

I Think I Like You

 

JINYOUNG’S POV

 

Two months have passed since Mina left and today is our graduation ceremony. I cannot believe that time flew so fast and now, my friends and I will enter college to start a new chapter in our lives.

Nayeon and Sana have been accepted to JYP Entertainment as tainees. Nayeon’s parents were really upset because they didn’t want Nayeon to become an idol but she promised that she will continue her studies while she trains. On the other hand, Sana broke up with Jackson because she wanted to focus on her life as an idol, and that she thinks that it would not be good if she was romantically involved with anyone. Of course, Jackson was so sad but he told Sana that he’d wait for her to debut and until her dating ban is over. Meanwhile Jackson and Mark got into a university where they will play in the varsity. I’m really happy that my friends are doing well especially Mark. I thought that he would go to study abroad after high school but he said that he will stay because he enjoys it here in Korea.

As I deliver my valedictory speech, I did my best to control my emotions. Of course I was happy to graduate, but I couldn’t help but think of Mina. I wish that she was here with us, enjoying this moment. She haven’t contacted me ever since she left. It’s not something new to me, but I hope that she would change that bad habit of hers.

“Congratulations, Jinyoung.” Nayeon hugged me tightly as I came down the stairs.

“Same to you.”

“Jinyoungie! I’ll miss you so bad.” Sana hugged me tight as well.

“We’ll still see each other.”

“Not as often though.” She started sobbing and I found it cute.

“You know I love you man.” Jackson tried to hug me too but I avoided his grasp.

“I do too.” I patted his shoulders.

As my other classmates congratulate me, I saw Mark standing in a corner looking out the window. He looks like a model posing for a photo shoot. I approached him and waved slowly.

“Nice speech.” He said and I smiled back.

“What are you doing here all by yourself?”

“I’m just thinking about things. Have she contacted you yet?”

“No, how about you? Have you heard anything? You know where she is?”

“Not yet. And I think that’s the best she could do for me.” Mark patted my back before walking away from me. “Good luck on college Jinyoungie.”

After the ceremony, I walk back home crying silently. I spent the best time of my youth with my friends and I can’t believe that we are now going our separate ways to chase our dreams.

 

It was dinner by the time that I reached our house. I can smell my grandmother cooking something special. As I open the door, I was surprised to see my mother watching TV in the living room.

“Congratulations, Jinyoungie!” She hugged me tightly.

“What are you doing here?” I asked her.

“I wanted to celebrate my son’s graduation.” My mother replied. “Besides, I have a gift for you.” She handed me a white envelope.

“Are you giving me money?” I took the envelope from her hand.

“Not yet. But maybe Mina put some inside that.” I looked at my mother with bewildered eyes and she winked at me.

I thanked her for giving it to me and then, immediately rushed back into my room. I sat in front of my desk and opened the letter.

 

Jinyoung,

Congratulations on your graduation. How are you doing? Are Nayeon and Sana starting their idol training? How are Mark and Jackson? Are they doing well too? You know what? I wished I could’ve stayed there so I could’ve join all of you and not ask these questions. I guess that’s one thing that I will regret but don’t worry about me. I’m surrounded by nice people now and I’m doing well with my family.

Do you miss me? Of course, you do. Ha ha ha ha But do think less about me. I don’t want you to get sad because I will get sad too. I love you and only you.

Mina

 

Her letter was short but sweet. I’m glad that Mina still knows that I’m alive. I look inside the envelope and saw that Mina also gave me a picture, and it was a selfie of her in their new house. I took some tape and stick it onto the wall beside my bed so it is her that I will see before I go to sleep at night and after I wake up in the morning. I’m not sure how long I would have to wait before she would return to me again or if I would see her again. To be honest, I don’t mind waiting this time for her. Besides, I will find a way to be with her again.

 

 

 

MINA’S POV

 

Almost three years had passed since I left Korea to live with my family here in New York. I’ve been studying so hard in college that I rarely get in contact with my friends in Korea. In fact, I haven’t sent them any letters or postcards since I got here, except for the one I sent Jinyoung on their graduation. After that, I never communicated with them. Of course I miss them, but I do my best not to think about them because I know that I’ll miss them more. However, sometimes I wonder what they are doing, and what life would have been if I stayed in Korea.

It’s my third Christmas here in New York and I can say that I love it here. It’s a bustling city and I can tell you that you will never have a boring moment. I took a sip of my coffee as I stare at the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center. I remember the one Jinyoung and I looked at three years ago in Kobe. Time do pass by so quickly.

I really wanted to send emails to him or even call him about my life here, but I rather not. I feel like maybe it is time for us to slowly move on and focus on to our separate lives. I think nothing good will come if we constantly yearn for each other. But I still pray that we meet, even for a moment. Somehow, I guess.

I continue to walk down to Central Park and I noticed that a lot of kids have gathered since the winter holidays have started. I sat down on a bench and watch them skate. I remember the time when my friends and I went to Yongpyong to play in the snow. It was a very fun memory to have. As I continue to watch, I was a bit surprised when a snowflake fell on the tip of my nose. I smiled and tugged on to the scarf Jinyoung gave me. I stretched out my hand to catch more snowflakes when someone sat beside me.

“Nice winter we’re having.” The person beside me said.

For a moment I sat there, frozen. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw Jinyoung sitting beside me. I thought it was a dream that I have to pinch myself to make myself believe that it wasn't. He looks as handsome as before except now that his hair was cut shorter and was combed neatly. To be honest, he looks manlier and more mature than he use to.

“Aren’t you suppose to say something?” He smiled at me.

“Y-y-you’re here.” I stuttered in disbelief. “How?”

“I’d walk a million miles just to be closer to you.” Jinyoung said which made me blush. “I think you forgot that my mom work for your company. I asked her where you are and saved up a lot of cash. It wasn’t easy going here you know.”

“Oh, I see.” I nodded slowly.

“You have a lot of things to apologize for.” He crossed his arms in front of his chest and pouted. “You’re a mean girl. You haven’t replied to any of my calls and emails. I almost gave up on you.”

“But you didn’t.” I reached out to his face and his cheek. “I miss you.”

Jinyoung smiled and held my hand. “I’m starting to think you’ve forgotten about me but it is okay now. I’m here with you.”

I leaned forward and planted a small kiss on his lips. “Sorry for everything, but trust me when I say that I only thought about you and that I will always love you, Park Jinyoung.”

“I never doubted you for a moment. I love you too, Myoui Mina.”

Jinyoung gently held my face and pulled me for a kiss. I can feel a lot of people watching us, but I don’t care about them. I was so happy, I could go on kissing him forever. All I know now is that I’m finally reunited with the man I love and nothing could make this moment any better.

 

 

_________________________

Author's note:

This is the final chapter everyone! Thank you so much for supporting this story and I hope you enjoyed reading it. Thank you for all the kind words you have given, it inspired me to go on. Sorry if it sometimes it took me long to update but know that I did my best to give you the best chapters that I could possibly write. This is my first fanfic and I have to say that I had a fun time writing it and that I think I grew well in writing. It gave me more confidence to write some more fanfics in the future. Right now, I'm thinking of writing one shot fanfics of other ships that I like or maybe another Jinyoung and Mina fic since they are my bias and I really want this ship to sail XD. We'll see in the future and I hope that you'll also be there to support. Once again, thank you and hopefully see you soon!