Chapter 2: The Arrival, A Demon in Disguise

I Think I Like You

 

Today was the day of Mina’s (my mom’s boss’ daughter) arrival. My grandmother was a bit excited, that is why she cooked so many dishes that it looked like we are having a feast. She asked me to prepare the table when our doorbell rang.

My grandmother hurriedly went to the front door and I followed closely behind her. She opened the door and a girl of my age was standing there with her luggage.

“Annyeong haseyo. I’m Myoui Mina.” The girl gave a ninety degrees bow.

My grandmother and I bowed back. We asked her to come inside. I put her luggage inside the living room while my grandmother led her to the dining area. I quickly followed them and sat across Mina.

“Have a seat and eat. I know you’ve come from a long journey. Once you finished eating, Jinyoung will lead you to your room and you can take a shower before resting.” My grandmother said as she put food in Mina’s plate. “Oh, by the way I’m Seo Tae Jin and this is my grandson, Park Jin Young.”

“Nice to meet you. Wow, you’ve prepared so many delicious food for me. Kamsamida.” Mina started eating. I have to say, she was very pretty and her voice was so soft.

“Mina-ssi, I have already enrolled you to my school. You can start on Monday if you want to.” I smiled at her.

“Thank you, Jinyoung-ssi.” She smiled sweetly back at me.

 

After dinner, I gave her a tour inside the house and helped her put her luggage inside her room. She thanked me and said that she was going to rest. Later that night, I was doing my assignments when my phone buzzed.

Omicron: Junior22-ssi?

It was Omicron. I had started chatting with him on this online app a couple of nights ago.

Junior22:  What is it?

Omicron: I'm feel stuck again.

Junior22: Why?

Omicron: I'm not really sure either. It's just a feeling that keeps coming back at me.

Junior22: Don’t worry, just-

I was about to send my message when my door burst open. I was surprised. But what was more surprising was that it was Mina.

“Mi- Mina, is there a problem.” My eyes were wide open.

“My room is too small. Give me yours.” She suddenly jumped into my bed.

I was taken aback. My eyes were wide open that they might pop up.

“What are you waiting for? Transfer all of my things in this room and yours to my room”

“Why would I do that?” I choked.

“Because, I told you so.”

“I don’t want to do that.”

She suddenly got up and pulled my ear before leading me towards the door.

“Next time, just listen to what I say.” She suddenly slammed the door on my face.

I was surprised of what happened that I wasn’t able to move for a moment. I thought to myself: how can an angel turned into a demon all of a sudden?

 

__________________________________

Author's note:

Sorry for the short update. A lot of school work have piled up. I promise to update in the middle of the week to make up for this one. Please comment down after reading. It is highly appreciated. :)