Chapter 16: Winter Holidays Part 3

I Think I Like You

 

NAYEON’S POV

 

It’s our second day in Yongpyong. It was relatively colder today than it was yesterday but our group decided to go shopping. Sana, Mina, and I went to a lot of boutiques to check out the latest winter fashion. We roam around the place for hours and I can feel that that the boys are slowly getting irritated because Jackson kept whining at how long it takes for us to buy some clothes.

During lunch time, we picked a seafood restaurant to dine in. There are restaurants which offered gigantic king crabs and oysters. Sana really loves marinated crabs so she ordered many. We grilled and ate deliciously until our tummies are full.

Later that evening, my friends and I decided to, once again, play in the resort. This time, Jackson and Sana tried snowboarding. It seems that the two of them are the ones who are enjoying the vacation the most.

As I watch Jackson and Sana put on their snowboarding gear, Jinyoung approached me and gave me a hot pack.

“It’s too cold to play around the snow.” Jinyoung said as he looked at our extremely energetic friends.

“Well, they have the energy to burn.”

“Yeah, those two can be a bit high sometimes.” He laughed softly. “Hey, want to try the cable car. I bet the evening view is wonderful.”

“I think it is. I’d like to try it.” I smiled at Jinyoung and we started to walk towards the cable car.

We fell in line and waited for a while. The cable car was open and it can only accommodate two people. Perfect for a pair who’d like to have a view of Yongpyong. We sat on the cable car and our feet were hanging out. As the ride started, I felt excited. You could really see the whole ski resort up there. The lights were brightly lit and you could hear the faint laughter of the people below.

“It’s so beautiful right here, isn’t it?” Jinyoung whispered in my ear.

“Yup.” I smiled at him.

“But not as beautiful as you are.”

“Of course, nothing’s gonna be more beautiful than me.” I said proudly to him.

Jinyoung gave a soft chuckle before looking at me. “You know, I kind of missed you.”

“Why? We always see each other at school?”

“Nothing. It just seemed like you were a different person after the competition.”

“Really? How do you say so?”

“It’s just that the way you talk and laugh is different.”

“Wow, never thought that anyone can spot the difference.”

“Well, I can. I’ve known you for too long now not to recognize those little things.”

“I must be so important to you then.” I gave a small laugh at the thought of how sweet Jinyoung is. I always thought of him as a sweet and caring boy ever since we were young and I’m glad that he haven’t change a bit.

“Of course you are. You are one of the few people that matter so much to me.” He blushed a bit as he said this.

“Nayeonie.” Jinyoung softly called out my name.

“Hmmm…” I was listening to him attentively.

“T-there’s something that I’ve been wanting to tell you for a long time now.”

I stayed silent and looked at him in the eye.

“Last night, Mark said something to me. At first, I was angry at what he said because it felt like he was being cocky and all. To be honest, I still want to punch him right now. But what he said made me think and cleared a lot of things in my mind.” Jinyoung looked serious all of the sudden.

“Oh, it must be serious then, huh.” I’m not really use with my boys being serious. I mean most of the time they would just fool around and play with each other.

“Yes, I guess it was serious. I mean we said things to each other that we were avoiding to talk about for some time.” He slowly turned his gaze to me.

“Well, what was it?” I was really curious. I never thought that boys also talk about deep stuff.

“I-I” He was stuttering for a moment. “I kind of confessed that I’ve been in love with you.”

What he said caught me off guard.

“I wanted to tell you this for a long time but I’m scared that it might ruin our friendship.” After he said this, he kept on looking at me as if he was waiting for my answer.

“I-I don’t know.” I was really flustered. I never knew he felt something like that for me. I always thought of him as a brother that I can rely on.

“It’s okay. I don’t need to know your answer just yet. You can think about it.” He finally said to me. The atmosphere around us became awkward. I kept my gaze to the people below because I don't know what to do at that moment. For the rest of the ride we kept quiet until we got off.

“I think I’m heading to the house now. I want to take some rest.” Jinyoung softly smiled at me. He turned his back and started walking away. For some reason, I wanted to chase him and hug him. But I didn’t, and it felt like I’m losing someone dear to me.

 

 

MINA’S POV

 

It was our last night at the resort and I thought that I should practice skiing. I must say that I improved a lot since yesterday. I think I might have a natural talent inside me.

“You’re doing great.” Mark said as he ski beside me.

“Of course I am. I’m a genius.” I proudly said to him.

“Wanna put that to a test?” He raised his eyebrows. “Let’s have a skiing contest, the one who wins will have to grant the wish of the other.”

“I don’t feel like it.” I frowned at him.

“Okay, on the count of three.” Mark insisted.

“Wait, I didn’t approve this.”

“One, two, three!” He counted off and the two of us started to race down the slope. I did my best but Mark was way ahead of me.

“Cheater!” I shouted at him as we reached the bottom.

“I won Miss Myoui! You are now my servant.”

“I don’t think so Mister Tuan.”

“Aww, don’t tell me you’re such a sour loser?” He jeered at me.

“No, I’m not!”

“Then, do my request!” He smirked at me. “Or maybe, you’re a coward to do so.”

“Fine, I will.” I rolled my eyes. I can’t believe he’s acting like a child. “What is it?”

“Be my girlfriend.” He said while smiling at me. “On top of that, call yourself Tuan Mina.”

“You wish.” I laughed at his request.

“So you’re a coward and a liar.”

“Stop with your mind games Mark. It won’t work on me.”

“Why would you rather be called Park Mina?” Mark tone felt like he was mocking me.

“What do you want from me?” I was seriously getting annoyed.

“I want you to like me instead of Jinyoung.” Mark was surely bold.

“Why would I do that?”

“Because, you are my style. And, I'm sure he likes somebody else.”

“You know what, I want to slap you right now.” I glared at him.

“I’m just being honest.” He looked at me straight into my eyes.

I was seriously getting mad at him so I just walked away from him. I quickly removed my skiing gear and hurriedly walked back to the house. I don’t understand why he was so annoying.

As I reach the house, I saw Jinyoung opening the gate. I run towards him and called out his name.

“Jinyoungie Pabo!” I laughed as I said this.

I know that he heard me but he didn’t turn around to look at me. I patted his shoulders to make sure that he knows I was there. Unexpectedly, he turned around and rested his head on my shoulders. I don’t know what happened to him but I can feel that he is sobbing.

“Jinyoung…” I was surprised to see him in this condition. He didn’t spoke a word and just continued to cry softly. I reached out the back of his head and gently his hair.

 

 

____________________

Author's note:

Sorry if took me a long time to update. There were a lot of school works >...< Anyways, thank you for your response! I like the hashtags and it made me think of all the pairings in the story. I'll make sure to give them all enough highlights :D