Chapter 28: Falling Only For You

I Think I Like You

 

JINYOUNG’S POV

 

Two weeks had passed since Mina left our house and I haven’t seen her even in school. I tried contacting her phone even in MailPal but she haven’t replied a word to me. My grandmother and I are watching television when our doorbell suddenly rang. I hurriedly ran to the front door expecting to see Mina. However, I was a little disappointed to see that it was just the mailman.

“Good afternoon sir, are you Park Jinyoung?” He asked.

“Yes, that’s me.” I answered back.

“I have a letter for you. Kindly, sign this please.” He presented a piece of paper in which I signed.

I closed the door and opened the letter. It was my college admission exam results. Apparently, I acquired good grades and I’m eligible to apply at any school in Seoul.

“What’s that Jinyoungie?” My grandmother took the letter. “Oh! It’s your college admission results. Congratulations dear, your mother will be proud. Is there anything you want?”

“Nothing really.” I told my grandma and said that I was going out to get some air.

I walked slowly as I looked at the cherry blossoms that have started to bloom. I have been lonely ever since Mina left us. I wish we could’ve talked it out and things would’ve have turned out better. Maybe then, we could’ve walked on these streets enjoying each other’s company. As I turn to the local park, I couldn’t help but laugh because I remember how Mina got lost on her way home when I left her at our school and I have to frantically search for her. I continued to walk inside and I could hear the children laughing as they play. Soon, I arrived at the basketball court and saw Mark playing there by himself. I just stared at him not knowing if I should approach him. He must have noticed me because he stopped playing and then waved at me.

“Hey, what brought you here?” He asked as he ran in my direction.

“I was just taking a walk.” I replied. “How come you’re just playing alone?”

“I really wanted to be alone. Want to shoot some balls.” Mark offered the ball to me.

“Sure.” I took off my coat and started to shoot at the ring but apparently no luck.

“You really at sport, boy.” Mark laughed as he watch me struggle to shoot the ball.

“I guess this is the only area that you’re better than me.” I said sarcastically at him.

“I don’t think so. I’m a better match for Mina than you.” He dissed at me.

I laughed at his remark and smirked at him. “She told me she love me.”

“That’s ages ago boy.” He stole the ball from my hand and shoot it in the ring. “I’m dating her now.”

“How is she?” I asked him. “Do you know where she is?”

“Of course I do.” He answered which certainly annoyed me. “But don’t expect that I’m going to tell you.”

“Don’t be like that Mark-”

“Why should I tell you where my girl is?” He stopped playing and looked at me. “You had your chance Jinyoung, I’m not giving her back to you.”

I really don’t know what came inside me but I was so annoyed at him right now that I landed a punch on his face. Mark was taken surprised that he took two steps backward. I was so mad that I moved closer to him and started punching him again. However, Mark learned Martial arts and was a hundred times better at me when it comes to fighting. He started punching back and I was overpowered that I fell on my back.

“What the hell are you doing!” He grabbed my collar.

“I want to kill you right now, Mark! I swear you’re irritating me! Just tell me where she is.” I shouted at him.

“You’re pathetic Jinyoung.” He let go of me and he started grabbing his things. “Go home. Talk to me when you’re on the right mind again.”

I watched him ride his bike and leave. I can feel a bruise forming at the corner of my cheek. I was painful, but it’s okay since I was able to land a punch on Mark’s face.

I took my coat and prepared to leave when I noticed someone texted me. It was Sana and I was surprised at what she sent me.

 

Sana: Jinyoungie! Come by my house, Minari is here.

 

 

MINA’S POV

 

“Where have you been? You’ve been gone for two weeks.” Sana told me as I took a seat on their leaving room.

“I fixed something back home.” I replied.

“In Kobe?” She asked and I nodded. “That must be something big. Wait here, I’ll get the photocopy of our notes.”

I sat there in their living room as I watch Sana go upstairs in her room. Our final exams are coming and I asked Sana to lend me some notes since I was gone for two weeks. I went back to Kobe to fix a few things with my family. A few moments later, Sana came back with a paper bag full of notes.

“Here, I think that covers it all.” She handed it to me.

“Thank you. I’ll get going now.” I told her.

“Wait.” Sana held my hand and I looked at her. “I know I have nothing to do with your business but Jinyoung has been looking for you. I’m not sure what happened between you but I hope you can fix it.”

I smiled at her. “Don’t worry about it. Besides, there’s nothing to fix.”

I bid Sana good night and farewell before living her house. I started walking and the wind was blowing which made the evening chilly. I opened my bag and took out Jinyoung’s scarf. I put it around my neck. I suddenly remembered when he put it on to me when we were in Yongpyong. The night was a cold too and snow was falling but he took my hand and held it. It was romantic that I think I melted during that moment. As I turn to the next corner, I was surprised to see him standing in front of me.

“Finally, I found you.” Jinyoung said to me with his sad eyes.

I lowered my head to avoid his gaze and continued walking but before I could pass by him he held my hand.

“Don’t be like that. Talk to me just for a little while.”

“There’s nothing to talk about and to be honest, I don’t want to be bothered by you, right now.”

“But I miss you.” His grip tightened and I looked into his eyes and was surprise to see him crying. “I really wanted to see you.”

“Don’t cry. I don’t want to see you crying.” I said almost choking. “What happened to your face? You look awful.”

“I fell somewhere. But it’s okay now. I’m so happy to see you.” Jinyoung wiped his tears. “There’s something I wanted to tell you but you started avoiding me so I couldn’t get the chance.”

“Me too. I want to say something to you.” I said. “Please, stop bothering me. Stop looking for me because I don’t want to see you again. Just forget about me and I’ll forget about you.”

“O-okay.” He replied roughly. “But, please know that what I said on the rooftop was a lie. I don’t think I like you.”

I can’t believe that he has the guts to hurt me by saying that.

“Because, the truth is…” He took a step closer to me and held my face. Before I can do anything, Jinyoung kissed my lips. It was gentle and sweet, and I feel hypnotized. I closed my eyes and put my arms around his neck kissing him back. I don’t know how long we stood there, kissing each other but by the time we let go I was out of breath.

“The truth is…” Jinyoung said as he catch his breath. Our face only a few centimeters apart. “I love you, Myoui Mina.”

“I hate you for saying that too late.” I replied before kissing him again. I really want to stop loving but I can’t. No matter how much I move away from him, I still find myself being drawn to him. I wish time would just stop so I can kiss him like this forever. If it were only me, I will never let him go.