Chapter Seven:

Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mimi came downstairs after her shower, fixing her shorts that was sticking to her legs from the moisture. She looked at Namjoon who was relaxing on the couch, feet propped up on the coffee table.

“I apologize for cursing at you earlier. I was extremely frustrated and it wasn’t your fault that I got hit. It was my own fault.” she bowed down to him. Namjoon’s eyes shifted a bit, “Stop that”.

“If you are sorry about something, you bow. It’s polite. Anyways, what do you want for dinner? Do you want a full meal or something small like ramen since we snacked on a few things earlier?” she asked, making her way to the kitchen.

“I don’t want any food. How long is the mutt suppose to be outside for?” he questioned, his eyes following her every move. Mimi peaked her head around the corner, “What do you mean? She’s not inside yet? It’s been like 30 minutes! Why didn’t you go get her?” she said with furrowed eyebrows. She was getting pissed again.

Mimi went to the back door and opened the door to call for Maki. When Maki didn’t show, Mimi leaned out the backyard a bit and shut the door. “She’s not out there. Wrong door” Namjoon stated.

“What other door could there….” she started before realizing what he meant, “Did you take her out front!?” she snapped. “You said outside, I didn’t think it mattered” he stated.

 

Tears flooded her eyes and dripped down onto her cheeks, her face scrunched up in pain and she let out a sob. Namjoon stood up unprepared on the situation, “Mimi..”

“YOU HATE ME THAT MUCH?! HUH! YOU HATED MAKI SO MUCH YOU DID THIS ON PURPOSE! HOW COULD YOU! YOU KNEW HOW MUCH SHE MEANT TO ME” She screamed at the top of her lungs before taking off outside into the rain and searching for Maki.

Namjoon was left inside alone, why he didn’t use this opportunity to run off- he didn’t know.

Mimi ran through the rainy streets of her neighborhood, calling out for Maki. She searched every dark spot and under any shelter and had even asked some people nearby if they had seen her dog. She never stopped running, burned, and her tears blended in with the rain drops that fell onto her face.

When the panic set in that she couldn't find Maki, her heart sank and she started crying hard. She had been looking for her for over an hour and she had become so worried and not to mentioned soaked to the bone in rain.

She finally collapsed in the middle of the street, “I hate you so much” she sobbed hard, “I’m going to kill you, Kim Namjoon!”



 

Namjoon was waiting at the doorstep of the house when Jin appeared at the front of the house. His eyes grew as he saw Namjoon unattended in the doorway. He drew out his gun and pointed it at Namjoon, “Where is Mimi?” he barked, in his officer tone.

“She’s looking for her dog” he muttered, staring off into the distance paying no attention to the gun. Jin lowered his gun, “Maki is gone? How?” he asked. Namjoon sighed and looked at him annoyed, “What are you doing here?”

“I came to check up on her” Jin crossed his arms. Namjoon cocked his eyebrow, “For what? To make sure I didn’t murder her?” “Exactly” Jin smirked.

Namjoon suddenly got up and Jin pointed his gun at him again. It wasn’t until Mimi appeared by Jin's side, “Go home” Mimi whispered and made her way past the boys and into the house.

Jin stared in disbelief about how horrible her condition was, but followed her inside anyways. Namjoon followed behind them and shut the door, “Did you find her? What happened?” he asked.

Mimi continued to walk up the stairs and into her room, not muttering a single word to either of them.

“Why is she acting like this? It was an accident, but it’s just a damn dog! She can just go get a new one!” Namjoon asked confused.

Jin put his hand on his neck and cocked his head at him, “Maki isn’t just any dog. She is the last family member Mimi has left.”

“What does that even mean?”

“I don’t know if I should tell you anything at all because Mimi doesn’t like people to treat her differently and especially since you're a piece of , but her family was murdered when she was 7, and Maki was the last memory she has of her family. Without Maki, she is all alone” Jin muttered, staring up at Mimi’s bedroom door, “And I’m pretty positive that is the only reason why she took you in, to find closure.”

Namjoon runs his hands through his hair, his chest felt heavy and stomach felt queasy. This was the first time he had ever felt something like this, the first time he ever experienced the feeling of guilt.

 

 

Jin ended up leaving the home to print out flyers to hand out around the neighborhood. Namjoon stayed in his spot thinking to himself but came to the conclusion that he would check on her. He takes a step and almost slips. He looks down and sees bloody footprints. It didn’t occur to him that Mimi left the house without any shoes on.

Although it was one of the rules that Mimi set about not going upstairs, he goes upstairs anyways and pushes open the half cracked bedroom door.

He sees Mimi cold wet body curled up in a ball on her bed, sobbing.

“Mimi?” he muttered quietly.

Mimi sat up slightly at the sound of his voice, “Yeah?” she said, in an almost whispering tone.

“I didn’t know that she couldn’t go out front. I didn’t know that it mattered.” he said touching his arm, and staring at the ground like a small child who was trying to apologize.

Mimi tried her best to dry her eyes, she patted the bed motioning him to come sit down. He hesitated a bit before sitting down. She reached her hand and rubbed the top of his head, “I don’t blame you. You didn’t know” she sniffed.

“I’m sorry”

Mimi stared at him, “Did you just apologize me?” she used the back of her hand to wipe her eyes, “Say it again!”

Namjoon stared at her dumbfounded, he wasn't aware what he said either. She ended up reaching and hugging Namjoon, whom froze in place, one being from the fact that she was freezing cold and wet and two from being just overall shock.

He managed to push her off, “You’re freezing! Go change before you get sick”

Mimi smiled a bit, “I thought you didn’t care because I’m a cop”. He glared at her, “I don’t. I just don’t want you sick and have you whine and not make me food!”.

“Suuure” she said sarcastically. She rolled off the bed and rummaged through her drawers and into the bathroom to get changed, when she came back she noticed that Namjoon was gone and a first aid kit was on the bed.

Mimi smiled to herself. The sole fact that Namjoon took the time to go see how she was doing, the fact that he apologized to anyone for the first time, that he didn’t run away, is proof that he is starting to feel emotions for the first time.

If she continued to go in the direction she planned- she would end up transforming Namjoon within a year, hopefully.



 

Hours passed since then and Namjoon was dozing in and out of sleep in his room. He was physically and mentally tired, but his heart kept him awake because the guilt of losing Maki just kept pondering his mind and it was driving him insane. He doesn’t care about the dog at all, but his heart wouldn’t let him forget what he did.

A sudden knock on his bedroom door startled him, he looked at the clock that showed 3:15am and then back at the door. Mimi opened the door slowly, she was clutching onto her pillow and her body was hunched over.

Namjoon sat up a bit and the lamp next time, “What the hell? What do you want at this time?” he bickered.

The moment Mimi raised her head, showing a face filled with tears made Namjoon rub his face. The guilt feeling was killing him even more seeing her like this.

“Can… I….. Can I sleep with you for tonight?” she sobbed, stammering a bit between breaths. “Excuse me?” he furrowed his brows.

“I can’t feel her by me and I c-can’t sleep. I can’t…. Sorry, just go to sleep” she muttered before closing the door and laying down on the couch.

Namjoon stared at the door, confused on what just happened. Did she really just ask t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter