Chapter Twelve

Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mimi finally woke herself up. She was still really groggy but if she slept in it would ruin her sleeping pattern and wouldn’t be able to sleep at her normal time for when she returned to work.

She stretched out her body on the couch and turned over to look at Namjoon, whom was no longer where she last saw him. She rose from the couch and looked around the livingroom. She noticed her laptop was missing, but realized that it was moved slightly under the couch. She couldn’t remember if she did that or Namjoon did.

She got off the couch and went down to his room and opened the door to see if he moved to his bed, but the room was empty. She began opening all the rooms downstairs and then hurriedly went upstairs in case he had been snooping through her room or the restricted computer room.

She went back downstairs to the kitchen to see if perhaps he was eating, but he was nowhere in sight. Something caught her eye in the kitchen and her face dropped. She quickly grabbed it and then looked at the arcadia door which she noticed that he had cleaned up the broken glass in front of the door.

He escaped and somehow took off his ankle bracelet; which he shouldn’t have even gotten off.

Her heart was racing because she now has no way of being able to track his location. As she is about to push the security alarm to notify her squad, she heard the arcadia door slide open. She turned her head and saw Namjoon walk back inside.

“Where the hell were you?” She yelled furiously.

“Around” he replied nonchalantly.

“Where were you?” she hollered again.

“AROUND” he repeated himself.

“GOD DAMN IT! Where did you go?! Why is your ankle bracelet off!!” she threw her hands up.

“If I told you, you won’t freak?” he hummed as he went and sat back down on the couch.

She crossed her arms as she watched the boy, “Depends”

“I robbed a bank’ he smirked. “WHAT” she hollered.

“Joke” he snorted, he knew she would react like that. Mimi closed her eyes in frustration with the boy. “Just tell me” she gritted through her teeth, trying to remain calm.

“I went to talk with the person who threw the brick through the door” he admitted. She stared at him, “You know who did it?”.  He cocked his head to the side, “Obviously”.

“A gang member?” she stammered. “Yeah” he replied back.

“Who? The guy from the cafe?” she asked.

“Hoseok”

She bit down on her lip and ran her fingers through her hair, irritated. “Are you really starting with that crap again?” she huffed. “Up to you if you want to believe me or not” he shrugged.

“So what did you and “Hoseok” talk about?”

“About me returning quietly or your safety” he stared at her. Mimi gulped a bit before her eyes shot down to the ground. She has a deathwish out now. “Either I go back with them or they’re coming after you!” he stated again.

“Why didn’t you leave with them then?” she asked. She was genuinely curious why he didn’t completely leave when he had the chance to escape.

“I don’t know.” he shrugged.

“You drive me crazy!!” she hollered as she tugged on her hair, not getting any answers from him. “How did you get your ankle bracelet off? Come with me, I need to put a new one on you!” she sighed.

“Well obviously I broke it. I used the knife you found under my pillow to start hacking away at it, and when I could I was able to slip it off.”

“WHAT THE FUC-”

“Can I keep it off?”

“NO! You’re under my care. If you escape and can’t find you- then I will be fired from my job and have to live with the fact that you will return to that jerk boss of yours” she explained. She knew she sounded like a nagging mom, but she just couldn’t.

“I don’t want to escape though!” he stated. That threw Mimi through a loop. She didn’t understand why he wouldn’t. Why would he stay with her when he could be free?

“What?” she muttered, forehead crinkled as she focused on him.

“I prefer being here than there”

“Why? Don’t you want to be with your members? Why would you want to stay with me?” she asked.

He got off the couch and went downstairs, “I’m going to shower”

“NAMJOON-AHHHHH~” Mimi whined and stomped her feet like a 5 year old who didn’t get what they wanted.


 

Several hours had passed and Mimi was still bothering Namjoon, trying to get the right answers out of him, but he still stuck with the story that he was with Hoseok. She wasn’t buying it because she would never picture him doing horrible things. He was a sweet kid.

Mimi went through her room and began to program a new ankle bracelet into her phone so that she could track him if he ever pulled the same again.

She went back downstairs and sat next to him. She started rolling up his pant leg when he jerked it back. “What are you doing?” he asked. She held up the new ankle bracelet and he sat up straight and sat Indian style so that she couldn’t get to his ankles.

“Just let me be free! I told you I’m not going to escape!” he whined. “I can’t!” she hollered back at him. “You can!! Come on!”

“You’re a criminal. I can’t risk letting you roam free!” she stated. His face dropped a bit and they both stared at each other. She hurt his feelings. She didn’t mean to word it like that, but that was how it came out.

“I didn’t mean it like that” she stammered, looking at her hands.

“Yes you did” he said lowly, his eyes never leaving her face.

“You’ve escaped on me before and attempted many times. You can’t blame me” she looked back at him.

“I haven’t escaped or even attempted to in the last three months of being here. I’m not leaving or else I wouldn’t have come back” he rubbed his face. “Why?!” she shrieked at him. She wanted his real answer. “Do you like being here?”

“YEAH!” He yelled back.

“Don’t lie to me. I know you hate it here”

“How do you know!?”

“Because I can tell when you look at me! I’m not an idiot Namjoon” she growled.

There was an awkward silence between the two.

“You think I hate you?” he broke the silence. “I know so! I took you from your gang which was pract

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter