Chapter Twenty One

Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mimi’s eyes grew large as she watched Hoseok be escorted to the pew to testify. ‘Crap this could be really bad. He could ruin everything or make things really bad for me’ she thought to herself, palms growing a little sweaty thinking of the possibilities that could go wrong. The fact that they brought out Hoseok to testify could render all of Mimi’s work useless.

Hoseok was handcuffed to the pew and he sat there and stared at Namjoon with a look of disgust. Namjoon’s demeanor went dark and people began to mutter around the courtroom. There was such a dark thickness around the room and it made the jury shutter. 

Mimi went to his side to loosen the tension, also to talk some sense into him in case he decides to do something crazy. Considering how Namjoon beat the out of Hoseok and then ripped him out of Mimi's house like he was ragdoll only proves to her that if Hoseok mouths off to him once more, Namjoon probably wouldn't hold back. 

“It’ll be okay. Don’t make that face. Relax, everything will be ok.” she tried to reassure him, trying not to lay put any skinship on him as if they were buddy-buddy.

Namjoon still held hatred for Hoseok. Hoseok could have harmed Mimi that day and he wanted Hoseok to stay as far away from her as possible, forever. Besides Yoongi, although Hoseok isn't as dangerous, he isn't trustworthy and that was dually noted the moment Hoseok broke into the house.

“I sense some tension between you two. Is there a reason why Namjoon seems to not like you? Is your situation similar to Yoongi’s?” Lim asked as he approached the stands, arms crossed.

Hoseok smirked a bit, “Don’t compare me to that jackass Yoongi. I didn't backstab Namjoon. Our situations are different”.

“How so?”

“Yoongi wanted to be praised always. He always went over the top to make himself feel better and look better in front of boss. I couldn't care less about that about! The reason why Namjoon hates me is because I tried to harm Mimi. That is the difference”.

“Explain”

“I was instructed to spy on Mimi and Namjoon. I followed Mimi around secretly and then decided to forge my way into employment at her local grocery store. I formed a very small friendship with her. I wanted her to be tricked into our friendship so I could hold her hostage. However, Namjoon started to accompany her and that plan failed.”

“If Namjoon accompanied Minyoung to the store, he obviously saw you.” Lim turned his attention towards Namjoon, “Why didn’t you say anything to Minyoung about who he was?”.

“I wasn’t fully committed into giving up my fami...gang. I was just going to carefully keep a close eye on him, but he started to say some things and I had Mimi switch stores to stay away from him.”

“You whispered to him that one day, what did you say to him?” Mimi asked, remembering that day where she turned around and accused Namjoon of bullying the 'innocent' Hoseok.

“He told me that if I touched a hair on your head; he would kill me without hesitation”.

“Why would someone kill their own members for a cop? I thought that was a golden rule?”

Namjoon’s face scrunched up, “I don’t know. I just felt it in my heart that I needed to protect her like how she protected me”. He was starting to get nervous.

Hoseok laughed, “Yeah, that’s it” and casually rolled his eyes.

“Let me ask you Hoseok, you mentioned how you tried to harm Minyoung. Let us know how you did so because I heard that is how you were captured”.

“I snuck into their house while they went jogging. Namjoon went to shower and Mimi went to her study. I cornered her in the room. She fought with me and when I let my guard down- I wasn’t aware of Namjoon’s presence. He beat me and then dragged me to her squad. He is the one who turned me in.”


The court began to talk amongst itself. People were discussing all the info that was presented and Mimi found herself at Namjoon's side, shifting on her feet nervously.

“Why did you turn him in?”

“I wanted him away from Mimi and myself”.

“Why didn’t you use that opportunity to get rid her and escape?”

“I didn’t want to. I liked living with her at that point.”

“Why? Why would someone who had absolute freedom their entire life, someone who DID NOT enjoy others company, all of a sudden enjoy living with a police officer? Were you two having a ual relationship?”

“NO!” “OBJECTION!” The two said in unison. 

“Granted, you cannot make assum

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter