Chapter Four:

Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mimi was practically up half the night debating whether or not this was a good idea. She was planning and considering so many different options to the point where she formed a headache from thinking too much. The cons and pros equaled out, but she still tried to find a fault in her plan. She knew that there had to be a con somewhere in her plan-she just couldn't find it yet.

The only thing keeping her sane at the moment was hearing Maki snoring next to her in bed. Mimi extended her hand and Maki’s fur and watched as Maki stretched out on the bed.

Mimi was content. Everything would be fine. At the end of the day; she has her dog, a great job, good friends, and a roof over her head. What else could she ask for? She was excellent at her job, she didn't get a Masters degree for nothing- its now the time to use everything she learned.

A smile spread on her face as she got out of bed and started getting ready for the day. She was determined to get this done and have a successful day, but there was still the lingering thought that Namjoon could murder her at any moment. Could she handle those empty blood filled eyes everyday?

Is she ready to meet death though? Why was it somehow calming?

 

 

Back at the office, Mimi comes across many vases of flowers on her desk with a farewell message written on them. “What is this?” she asked turning around to look at Jungkook. The whole office had a dismayed expression stained on their face.

“It’s a goodbye gift” he choked out, looking around for someone to speak up. “A goodbye gift? I’m not going anywhere though” she stated, still looking quite confused. She let out a chuckle once she realized the situation.

“Is this because of me housing Namjoon?”.

 

“Yeah” they mumbled in unison.

 

“You guys! Everything will be okay! I promise”.

“You don’t know that though Mimi! All it could take is one second and your neck is snapped. This is the #1 wanted murderer. The MONSTER”.

“Well the “Monster” will soon meet his tamer. Guys, come on. FIGHTING!” She cheered wholeheartedly although her team was not so enthusiastic about having Korea's most wanted criminal LIVING under the same roof with someone who has the physical appearance as a ten year old.

“Mimi, come with me” The general commanded from behind her and walked into his office. Mimi looked over her shoulder and let out a long deep breath. “Here it goes!” she stated and gave her squad a fist of encouragement.



 

Mimi and the general are walking down the hospital corridors with security falling right behind them for more protection in case Namjoon decided to flee. The officers guarding the front door moved aside for the higher ranking officers and they stepped inside.

Namjoon who had a muzzle and even more restraints on his body turned his head to the side and glared at them.

“He bit one of the nurses who tried to take some blood and in the process-tried to flee” one of the security officers stated from the doorway. Mimi looked back at him and their eyes met once again, his burning with fury and hers sparkling with happiness- two emotions trying to out beat the other by their eyes.

“I’m letting you know, you try anything and I will bust your right here” The general threatened. He knew that Namjoon would flee. He would escape. He would cause a scene if that is what it takes to leave and return back to his group. He would kill anyone young or old if that meant escaping.

Namjoon continued to stare at him with blood-lust filled eyes. Mimi looked back and reached her hand out to an officer behind her and took an ankle bracelet from him. She walked forward and clamped it down on Namjoons' ankle, “At this moment: you are my property. You do as I say, got it? The more you mess up, the harder it will be for me to protect you in the end” she said seriously.

Namjoon stared at her and let out a breath of air, “As if” he growled through the muzzle.

“You don’t have to trust me, but all I ask is that you listen to me” Mimi smiled at him. Namjoon turned his head away from her, no longer interested in what she had to say, not that he was interested in anything she had to say in the first place.

Mimi nodded towards the officers who came to unhook him from the bed and hoisted him up to his feet. Everyone surrounded Namjoon and put their arm on his just for precaution in case he wanted to run, they could yank him back.

A blindfold was placed around Namjoon’s eyes and he was placed into the back of a squad car with two officers next to him and Mimi and the General in the front.

“Remember, one button and the entire squad will be at your doorstep” General stated. “I know. I have no worries” Mimi smiled as she looked through the window as they pulled into her neighborhood.

The car came to a halt in front of Mimi’s house. The officers got out and dragged Namjoon out as well. Mimi faced the officers, “Thank you for accompanying me. I will take over from here.”

“You don’t need to come back to the office until everything is finished.” the General stated. He glared at the blindfolded Namjoon and then back at Mimi, “Good luck”.

Mimi grabbed Namjoon by the arm and started to move him forward and into the house, she quickly undid the alarm and Maki barked a bit. She pulled his blindfold off and let him look around.

“You have a dog?” he muttered lowly.

“Yeah.”

“Keep it away from me” he growled.

“Or what”

Namjoon glared at her, meaning he would kill Maki.

Mimi smiled a little bit before lunging her arm into the center of his gut at full force. Namjoon whom was caught off guard, let out gasp of air and hunch over in pain and trying to get a breath of air back into his lungs. Mimi grabbed his collar and forced him against the wall to stare at his face, “If you ever touch my dog, hurt my dog, do ANY harm to my dog. I will murder you with no second thoughts. Do you understand?” She barked at him.

Namjoon’s eyes glowed with fury, but he did not say a word.

“DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?” She yelled, her grip growing tighter by the second.

“Ok” he spat.

She pet the top of his head while he was still hunched over, “Good” she smiled. That sent through Namjoon through a loop. He was just disciplined and praised all within two minutes.

He didn’t understand the small girl, nor did he want to. He wanted to leave as soon as possible to regroup back with s. His interest in staying and trying to reinvent himself was not part of his plan. He had to find the perfect moment to murder her without alarming the other officers.

Mimi looked around and and grabbed Namjoon by the edge of his shirt and pulled him around the house, showing him around.

“This is the kitchen. Don’t worry about food because I will feed you. If you dont like my food, too bad, you just won’t eat. The backyard is out that door. Dining room is here. If you go down these steps, you will reach your room, a spare bedroom, a bathroom, and the main living room. You have access to all these. However, you are FORBIDDEN from going upstairs into my room and the private study. That is off limits. If I catch you up there, you will be punished.” Mimi explained as she took him downstairs.

Mimi opened up the door that was on her left side, “This is your room”.

Namjoon looked around the room, noticing that he had a desk and a bed with a matching dresser. There was a box on the floor by the bed that he glared at it, wondering what was in there.

Mimi followed Namjoon’s eyes to the box, “Oh. So, because you had no clothes or anything.. I had one of my squad members bring me a lot of things for you. Let’s see…. There are all your personal hygiene products in here, jeans, shirts, sweatpants, tanktops, underwear, some supplies if you wanted to write or draw. These will get you through a while and then we can go buy you more” she smiled at him.

He was uninterested. He was just playing a waiting game at this point.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter